Choose Telly Talk's Thread Of The Year 2022

Click here to vote

Fallon/Randal

Michael Torrance

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The implication that Cecil had somehow been the cause of the death of the Colby matriarch would have been an interesting seed for the beginning of THE COLBYS and would certainly be a good reason to disinherit him.

Yes, excellent suggestion. The show needed to start with something that organically connected the past to the present. But at that point DYNASTY did not even understand its own past.

thomaswak

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Fallon's character was raped multiple times by the COLBYS writers/directors. Only the UFO (and cancellation) could save her.

The Colbys' Fallon was nothing Fallon ever was in early seasons of Dynasty. Original Fallon would have kicked Miles in the nuts.... The Colby's Fallon was a victim. I really couldn't stand her crying, whining, ... It took David Paulsen hard work to make me fall in love again with the character.

Michael Torrance

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The Colbys' Fallon was nothing Fallon ever was in early seasons of Dynasty. Original Fallon would have kicked Miles in the nuts.... The Colby's Fallon was a victim. I really couldn't stand her crying, whining, ... It took David Paulsen hard work to make me fall in love again with the character.

She was already better than the catatonic COLBYS state as soon as she moved back to Dynasty in season 8, though they had her dye her hair blonde; a rumour was that Collins demanded that, but I don't know for sure. But yes in season 9 she was certainly her old self from the PSM days (meaning her PSM's first three seasons).

thomaswak

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
She was already better than the catatonic COLBYS state as soon as she moved back to Dynasty in season 8, though they had her dye her hair blonde; a rumour was that Collins demanded that, but I don't know for sure. But yes in season 9 she was certainly her old self from the PSM days (meaning her PSM's first three seasons).

Yes, I remember an video interview of Emma. The journalist asked her if the rumor that Joan Collins required "no other brunette" in the show was true. Emma answered "no", that her shades of hair was lighter to be closer to the character (meaning PSM's Fallon). Which didn't make sense at all, as PSM's Fallon had darker hair :D than the strawberry blond Emma's Fallon.

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
But when was Emma blonde on Dynasty, apart from the episode with the blonde wig?

Zable

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Emma answered "no", that her shades of hair was lighter to be closer to the character (meaning PSM's Fallon). Which didn't make sense at all, as PSM's Fallon had darker hair :D than the strawberry blond Emma's Fallon.
I didn't watch the interview, so if she did say "closer to the character" I disagree that she meant PSM's Fallon. The Fallons of S8 & S9 came across to me as a rebooted character, like Jeff.

Michael Torrance

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
But when was Emma blonde on Dynasty, apart from the episode with the blonde wig?

She is not blonde but she is not her natural dark colour in S08e04 (The Announcement); she has gone brown and has stayed that way. But she is crazy blonde when the season starts.

thomaswak

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I didn't watch the interview, so if she did say "closer to the character" I disagree that she meant PSM's Fallon. The Fallons of S8 & S9 came across to me as a rebooted character, like Jeff.

In a 1986 interview for a press magazine (Orange Coast Magazine), she also said that.
In 1986, it was S6 (1985-86) & S7 (1986-87)...

Actually, I was personally talking about "strawberry blond" (you can google it and see the color, and it was very very close to Emma's hair color in season 8)

Last edited:

Zable

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
@thomaswak Thanks. Yes, when ES played Fallon on TC, I never thought that she was doing a bad reprisal of PMS's Fallon but a Fallon specifically written for TC. The signs were there.

thomaswak

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
@thomaswak Thanks. Yes, when ES played Fallon on TC, I never thought that she was doing a bad reprisal of PMS's Fallon but a Fallon specifically written for TC. The signs were there.

To be honest, I never blamed Emma for TC's Fallon too. Poor Emma, she had to play that Fallon for 2 years.
I saw an interview where she said she was sad/Dispapointed that Dynasty ended (with seasons 9) because her last year was the year she finally got to play the character she wanted to play. She said something like "the character was finally right"...

TJames03

Banned
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I just don’t understand why the writers made Fallon so wimpy. No wonder PSM refused to ever return. Fallon had been tainted irreparably.....

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards

thomaswak

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
To me that looked just like a light red.

Yes. It is light red. It's a shade of strawberry blond. Anyway, Emma was way more beautiful with her longer dark hair in season 9. I think it was also David Paulsen's suggestion to Emma to go be brunette again, with long hair. Emma was absolutely gorgeous during the final season.

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Yes, surpressed desire for Adam, that's what caused all the trouble. Great explanation as well for what happened with Fallon towards the end of Dynastys S4.
One can tell that William Bast and Paul Huson really did their homework. They were a great couple, in life as well as in business.

Last edited:

Snarky Oracle

Telly Talk Oracle
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
Yes, surpressed desire for Adam, that's what caused all the trouble. Great explanation as well for what happened with Fallon towards the end of Dynastys S4.
One can tell that William Bast and Paul Huson really did their homework. They were a great couple, in life as well as in business.

If only Huson & Bast had been brought in to work on DYNASTY, too. Especially in Season 7 and maybe Season 8. Perhaps even as early as Season 6 to help develop The Colbys' characters on DYNASTY before they spun-off. (With Bast spiffing up the rooms in Denver, too).

Tony

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I’m not sure I buy it completely as Fallon and Adam had little interaction during the second half of Season 4 when the headaches developed after Fallon’s accident. It have made more sense if they had a couple of scenes.

Adam visiting Fallon upstairs comes out of the blue.