Happy Birthday Dynasty!

Witchard Changeling

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The first episode of Dynasty aired 40 years ago today. Happy Birthday Dynasty!

1610455415294.png

Last edited:

bmasters9

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards

Weenie Halloson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Again, the title from that pilot broadcast
It looks like something from a 1970s mini-series.
1610460259605.png

Bizarrely enough, that mini-series is a combination of two unrelated stories: Burt Hirschfeld's ASPEN (the juicy story I had expected to see) and Bart Spicer's THE ADVERSARY.
Not good.

Anyway, Dynasty's mountain backdrop makes for a nice contrast with the flat and endless "openess" of the Braddock area, both mesmerizing in their own way.
Do you think they should have kept this title, or was it necessary to use the mansion backdrop? The mansion should be in it anyway, but maybe for John Forsythe's title card?

Snarky Oracle

Telly Talk Oracle
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
Do you think they should have kept this title, or was it necessary to use the mansion backdrop? The mansion should be in it anyway, but maybe for John Forsythe's title card?

For the pilot? The opening credits went from the mountains to the city to the mansion, so JF couldn't very well have his credit over the house in the pilot -- not unless he was billed as "...And John Forsythe as Blake"

Weenie Halloson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
For the pilot? The opening credits went from the mountains to the city to the mansion, so JF couldn't very well have his credit over the house in the pilot -- not unless he was billed as "...And John Forsythe as Blake"
That's right,the mansion is in the last part (like Southfork).
But they could have altered that and still keep the title/mountains as in the pilot intro.
But I also prefer the white font and that doesn't really work in that picture.

Hmm...problem.

Jock Dracula

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Happy 40th to the show that brought us Blake, Krystle, Alexis and their offspring, lovers, friends plus enemies. DYNASTY as the main rival to DALLAS meant they are together best remembered as powerful supersoaps, which underpinned the eighties Reagan era. A truly golden age!

Let's not forget another part of the eighties American supersoaps quartet namely FALCON CREST also reaches the milestone of 40 this year, specifically in December.

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Legend
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Happy 40th Dynasty!!! Don’t let my username fool you. Maybe you weren’t my favorite prime time soap but you were definitely a close second for me. Happy Birthday!!!