Happy Birthday, Sir Roderic David Stewart!

Jock Ewing Fan

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Indiana Jones
The amazing Sir Roderic David Stewart Stewart turns 77 today!
What a prolific career!
According to wiki, Sir Rod has sold over 250 million records worldwide, with 10 number 1 albums and 31 top ten singles in the UK,
6 of which reached #1.
16 top ten singles in the USA with 4 reaching #1 on the Billboard Hot 100.
, with numerous top 10 albums.

The Album "Every Picture Tells a Story" is generally regarded as his masterpiece, on of Rock Music's all time classics.
It's hit single "Maggie May" reached #1 and is regarded as one of Rock Music's greatest singles.
Both the album and the single reached #1 simultaneously in the USA, UK, Canada and Australia, the First time this ever occurred
As lead singer of the Faces (1969-75), Sir Rod led the band to success as a sensational live act, and their best album
was "A Nod is as Good as a Wink... To a Blind Horse", my personal all-time favorite album, which
had the hit single "Stay With Me", an all-time Rock classic.
The ballad "Tonight's The Night"topped the US Billboard Chart for 8 weeks in 1976, the longest streak since
"Hey Jude" by the Beatles.
Sir Rod was inducted into the Rock'n'Roll Hall of Fame in 1994, and as a member of the Faces in 2012.
His success continued with the Albums "A Night on The Town" "Footloose and Fancy Free", "Blonds Have more Fun" "Out of Order", "Vagabond Heart", "Unplugged"
a series of albums of Old Classics ("SongBook") and so much other wonderful music.
Sir Rod is my favorite singer, and the Faces are my favorite band.
My posting is only a broad summary of one of Rock's greatest performers.

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Happy Birthday to a music legend with an unmistakable voice!! I couldn’t pick my favorite Rod Stewart song if I had to. Just too many to choose from.

Barbara Fan

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Witness, Vertigo, Spellbound
Saw Rod live once playing at a football stadium in his fav home town city -

Great show, great catalogue of songs too

2 of my favs

Happy Birthday Sir Rod, does a lot for charity too x