Harry & Meghan

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Of course there's always going to be an element of that. But it was a small minority of the public and a small minority of the press. The vast majority of British people welcomed her with open arms. It's only when it started to become more apparent what she was really like that the tide turned against her.

And even if for whatever reason you can't, or won't, see her for the insincere narcissist that she is, the woman has been caught out in so many lies!! Numerous, provable, demonstrable and often very damaging lies!! Why does she get a free pass for that? Or have you just decided you're going to support her no matter what?
I don't agree it was a small minority, it was a significant minority that were hostile towards Meghan. Some of it was subtle and some of it was blatant but is there there from the beginning and widespread. There were also many threats to murder Meghan that were racially motivated. Why should Harry and Meghan just accept that?

No, I don't see her as an insincere narcissist, I've seen no evidence of that. What are the lies and how do they compare to the numerous lies told by the Royal Family?

Richard Channing

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
What are the lies and how do they compare to the numerous lies told by the Royal Family?

There's too many, I can't be bothered to write them all, but here's two videos, which I'm sure you won't watch, that point out (with proof) the many lies in the Oprah interview alone. Some are harmless enough, others not so much. And then there are many, many more in the Netflix doc. She's a compulsive liar, and if you're not aware of that I assume it's because you've decided not to expose yourself to, or believe, anything that might change the narrative you want to believe about her.

And I'm not comparing them to the numerous lies told by the Royal family, they're no saints either, but let's not fool ourselves that Meghan is.

Last edited:

Angela Channing

LV

Reaction score
Awards
There's too many, I can't be bothered to write them all, but here's two videos, which I'm sure you won't watch, that point out (with proof) the many lies in the Oprah interview alone. Some are harmless enough, others not so much. And then there are many, many more in the Netflix doc. She's a compulsive liar, and if you're not aware of that I assume it's because you've decided not to expose yourself to, or believe, anything that might change the narrative you want to believe about her.

And I'm not comparing them to the numerous lies told by the Royal family, they're no saints either, but let's not fool ourselves that Meghan is.
Respectfully, have you watched the videos you posted and checked the "facts" it claims because most of them are nonsense? Take the so-called 8 lies in the first video which it claims are the following:

1. Archie didn't get the "Prince" title because he's black. This is a total fabrication because Meghan never said that to Oprah. She said they wouldn't give a reason why Archie's wouldn't get that title. Meghan also quoted the convention that the grandchildren of the monarch on the male line automatically become princes and princesses This is why Prince Andrews daughters, the former Queen's grandchildren, are princesses. Now that Charles is king, by that convention, Archie and Lilibet should now be Prince and Princess but they are not so Meghan was telling the truth.

2. Meghan didn't know anything about the Royal Family. In the Oprah interview she said this in relation to royal protocol, not knowledge about Princess Diana and trivia about the family, as the video suggests.

3. The story that Meghan made Kate cry is false and it was the other way around. Harry, in his interview with Tom Bradby, confirmed that Meghan's was being accurate and Kate did indeed make her cry and later apologised and sent Meghan flowers.

4. Not being protected by the tabloids. This is clearly true. The UK tabloids regularly supress negative stories about the Royal Family that are published overseas while at the same time they appear to be in an arms race to be more and more vicious about Meghan, culminating in Jeremy Clarkson's vile comments regarding The Duchess of Sussex. The Royal Family never condemned the comments, maybe because Clarkson is a personal friend of Camilla's.

5. Turning over her belongings and passports. I don't recall Meghan saying she had to hand over her belongings but she did say she had to hand over her passport. The video you posted claims this is a lie because she was seen travelling to other countries. What Meghan said, was that she wasn't free to travel when she wanted because they had her passport. She never said they took her passport permanently and stopped her from travelling altogether they just insisted that they held on to her passport, I guess it was to restrict her freedom and to exert a degree of control over her.

6. Claim that she had no security after she left the Royal Family. The video claims that only the most senior Royals have security and uses the example of Edward, Beatrice and Eugenie as having no security to demonstrate that Meghan shouldn't have any either. What the video fails to mention is that the Met Police Anti-Terrorist Unit didn't identify any credible death threats against those specific Royals but did uncover many aimed at Meghan. Normally, when an individual has credible death threats made against them, the police would provide protection for them, as they did for Salman Rushdie for example, but at the request of the Royal Family, this protection was removed from Meghan and Harry when they ceased being working Royals.

7. Denied mental health treatment for the sake of the Palace's image. Following the Oprah interview Buckingham Palace said they would change internal procedures, including carrying out training for staff and appointing a race tsar, which is kind of an acknowledgement that there was at least some truth in what Meghan was saying. It was all a publicity exercise though because the Palace quietly dropped the plan when the backlash against them died down.

8. Meghan claiming that she received no royal training. That's not exactly what she said to Oprah. Similar, to the second point I made above, she was talking about some specific details of royal etiquette and didn't claim she got no advice at all.

So every one of the "lies" in the first video isn't really a lie. The quality of the research is so poor I can't waste my time watching the second one. It seems as though the maker of the video has just copied distortions and inaccuracies in the media and regurgitated it without carrying out any critical analysis of her own.

The big lie that I'm most concerned about is Prince Willie's "We are very much not a racist family" when the Royals banned black people from working in the offices at Buckingham Palace. Maybe the Royals are so blind to their own racism they think that is a totally acceptable thing to do. However, I'm not going to side with a racist Royal family against Harry and Meghan who are calling out Royal racism, as I call it, or unconscious bias, as Harry more charitably calls it.

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Meghan has said in interviews that "as an American" she didn't follow the Royal Family and had little knowledge of them until she met Harry.

Friends and family members say her teenaged walls were covered in Princess Diana posters and royal paraphernalia.

But then liars, especially woke and narcissistic liars, always believe woke and narcissistic liars.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I can’t comment much on the documentary or the interviews because I would be frustrated having to listen to either of them constantly play the victim. But, from all the news highlights, the constant analysis of all this and seeing snippets here and there, all I see is Harry going on about the media and how much they have invaded his personal space. Yet, he doesn’t see that he is behaving in the same way by filling the media with all things private between him and his family.

There are two sides to every story, but if we throw in racism, then it must all be one sided because that trumps everything and clouds many people’s judgment.

Yes, racism exists, yes, racism is ugly. It’s part of our history and it’s horrific what has happened, just as it’s the same with homophobia and every other kind of discrimination. What needs to happen is what we learn for it all and how we go forward. I don’t think H or M want to go forward, I get the impression they want to spend the rest of their lives playing victim, whilst still living a privileged life.

Harry said he wants to re connect with his family, but until that happens he will continue to mud sling and do whatever he can to discredit them.

Barbara Fan

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Witness, Vertigo, Spellbound
I didnt watch either (went for bath) For someone who wants to reconnect with his family he sure has a strange way of going about it

However they are his O2 and his $$$ - take that away and he will have nothing tp moan about except same old same old

Alienated from her family, alienated from his - do they ever stop and think why is that! Could it be Me/US?

Monzo

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Scream series
Harry interview at 60 Minutes had the average ratings for 60 Minutes (which is always successful, especially if it got NFL as lead-in like yesterday). Ratings jump thanks to Harry did not happen, instead viewers turned off: while 11,134 million watched the first half hour, it was only 9,904 million in the second half.

Richard Channing

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
This is a total fabrication because Meghan never said that to Oprah. She said they wouldn't give a reason why Archie's wouldn't get that title.

You know perfectly well that's exactly what she was implying.

Now that Charles is king, by that convention, Archie and Lilibet should now be Prince and Princess but they are not so Meghan was telling the truth.

A lot has happened between the Oprah interview and now that could explain why they have not been made Prince and Princess, none of which has anything to do with them being biracial.

What's in these two videos is just the tip of iceberg. It doesn't even get into the many lies in the Netflix doc and all the lies she tells about her family, which they have called her out on many times. But I guess everyone else is lying and Saint Meghan is the one telling the truth. You've clearly got your blinkers firmly on when it come to her so it's pointless to try and convince you otherwise.

Last edited:

Angela Channing

LV

Reaction score
Awards
Harry interview at 60 Minutes had the average ratings for 60 Minutes (which is always successful, especially if it got NFL as lead-in like yesterday). Ratings jump thanks to Harry did not happen, instead viewers turned off: while 11,134 million watched the first half hour, it was only 9,904 million in the second half.
The first half of the show was the interview with Harry, the second half was an interview with Hans Zimmer.

You know perfectly well that's exactly what she was implying.

A lot has happened between the Oprah interview and now that could explain why they have not been made Prince and Princess, none of which has anything to do with them being biracial.
Meghan was asked why her children wouldn't get titles and she said no one would give a reason. Meghan never inferred or implied anything. People are choosing to project their own reasons on to her to fit their narrative. As Harry said in his interview with Tom Bradby, Meghan never called any one racist, that was the media.

Personally, I think racism was involved because the Royal household have a long history of racism.

Angela Channing

LV

Reaction score
Awards
What I find puzzling is the ferocity of British public's reaction to Harry and Meghan compared with how it is reacting to Prince Andrew. For example, around about the time of the Oprah interview, the Daily Express website had 50 stories (mostly negative) about Harry and Meghan which was way more than what they published about Prince Andrew when he gave an interview to Emily Maitlis on BBC's Newsnight.

EvtfUepXYAEuMfE.png
EvtfWXvXIAEXowm.png

Clearly, paedophilia is so much worse than anything that Harry and Meghan have done but you wouldn't think so considering the media coverage. Even on this forum, very few people felt motivated to criticise Prince Andrew when threads were started about the allegations against him but when it comes to Meghan and Harry, it feels as though forum members are only too eager to post negative things about the Sussexes.

Why do people feel so strongly against the Duke and Duchess of Sussex but are far less bothered by the about the Duke of York?

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
What I find puzzling is the ferocity of British public's reaction to Harry and Meghan compared with how it is reacting to Prince Andrew. For example, around about the time of the Oprah interview, the Daily Express website had 50 stories (mostly negative) about Harry and Meghan which was way more than what they published about Prince Andrew when he gave an interview to Emily Maitlis on BBC's Newsnight.

View attachment 42890View attachment 42891

Clearly, paedophilia is so much worse than anything that Harry and Meghan have done but you wouldn't think so considering the media coverage. Even on this forum, very few people felt motivated to criticise Prince Andrew when threads were started about the allegations against him but when it comes to Meghan and Harry, it feels as though forum members are only too eager to post negative things about the Sussexes.

Why do people feel so strongly against the Duke and Duchess of Sussex but are far less bothered by the about the Duke of York?

Prince Andrew isn't constantly accusing others of sex-trafficking him.

Angela Channing

LV

Reaction score
Awards
Prince Andrew isn't constantly accusing others of sex-trafficking him.
I know, but Virginia Giuffre is constantly accusing Andrew of sexually abusing her. He also gave a very unconvincing defence of his actions on Newsnight.

Richard Channing

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Meghan never inferred or implied anything. People are choosing to project their own reasons on to her to fit their narrative. As Harry said in his interview with Tom Bradby, Meghan never called any one racist, that was the media.

Oh c'mon now. You're not seriously suggesting that by casually mentioning that there were conversations and concerns about how dark Archie's skin tone would be that Meghan was in no way trying to infer or imply anything???

You don't have to outright call someone a racist when deliberately planting the seeds will do the job just as well.

Angela Channing

LV

Reaction score
Awards
Oh c'mon now. You're not seriously suggesting that by casually mentioning that there were conversations and concerns about how dark Archie's skin tone would be that Meghan was in no way trying to infer or imply anything???

You don't have to outright call someone a racist when deliberately planting the seeds will do the job just as well.
That's your interpretation of what you think she meant. I think she was just relaying facts as they were told to her and was leaving it to others to draw their own conclusions.

Whatever your view is, the fact remains that Meghan never said the Royal Family were racist, she just that they brought up "concerns" about the skin colour of her unborn child. Harry later elaborated and said it was a dodgy question but didn’t come from a place of ill intent.

When Tom Bradby brought it up during the interview broadcast on Sunday, Harry described it as "unconscious bias" and if something like that is brought to a speakers attention, they should stop doing it and learn from it. If they continuing doing, then that's when it becomes racism.

Personally, I prefer just to say the Royals are racist because they are.

Last edited:

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Personally, I prefer just to say the Royals are racist because they are.
Why? Because of something that happened over 50 years ago? Back when being gay was a crime and people were jailed?

We know about history and we know how bad it was in many areas, and you can believe what you want to think from what the media print, but here's a question I'm curious about your opinion. Do you think people can change? do you believe people are more educated today or do you think Prince George is racist because of his family history?