Henry Cavill as Superman!

Jock Ewing Fan

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Indiana Jones
I just learned that Henry Cavill returned as Superman in "Black Adam" (Post Credits)
I like Dwayne Johnson as an action star, but I don't plan to see "Black Adam"
However, I enjoyed "Man of Steel". Hopefully, "Man of Steel 2" is being planned.
I know that DC and WBD are reorganizing their approach to films.
"Man of Steel" was the best Superman story since the first two Christopher Reeves movies.

If the plan going forward includes HC, that is wonderful!

Treeviewer

Telly Talk Superstar
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I didn't really care for Man of Steel. I didn't think we needed yet another rehash of the origin story and it went in directions that I didn't think were appropriate. I'd still like to see some version of the Superman V script that Reeve and Donner were working on. I would have liked to have seen Brandon Routh do it instead of what they did in Superman Returns but maybe they'll do it now with Cavill.

Crimson

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I haven't understood the eagerness of the segment of fandom for Cavill's return as Superman; I think he's the worst screen Superman we've had. In fairness, I'm not sure he's at fault so much that he's been in consistently terrible movies. But then Gal Gadot has mostly been in bad movies as Wonder Woman, and she's risen above the material.

Jock Ewing Fan

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Indiana Jones
I haven't understood the eagerness of the segment of fandom for Cavill's return as Superman; I think he's the worst screen Superman we've had. In fairness, I'm not sure he's at fault so much that he's been in consistently terrible movies. But then Gal Gadot has mostly been in bad movies as Wonder Woman, and she's risen above the material.
I think it is partly because it has been so difficult to make a good Superman movie, and the change in leadership at WB and the return of casting Henry Cavill would mean a Man of Steel 2, or something like it is possible