• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Disney Plus Hocus Pocus 2

Rove

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
It's been announced this week a sequel to the 1993 film Hocus Pocus will be released on Disney + in 2022. Bette Midler, Sarah Jessica Parker and Kathy Najimy will return. Sadly no mention of our favourite John Ross Ewing III played by Omri Katz.

Justine

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I mean, nothing will beat the original - it's a Halloween classic for me - but I'm curious enough to watch.

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
it's been talked about for the past few years so it's not a surprise at all, hmm i wonder if McGee from NCIS will be in this one? he was in the 1st one.

i also wonder how much of the Original will return? well other than Penny Marshall who has since sadly died

Crimson

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I suspect the appeal of HOCUS POCUS is, to some extent, generational. I notice all of my somewhat younger friends love this movie. I've seen it a couple times and I'm totally indifferent to it.

A sequel made three decades later doesn't seem like the greatest idea, but I suppose all three ladies will be in heavy make-up so maybe it doesn't matter.

Mel O'Drama

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
A sequel made three decades later doesn't seem like the greatest idea, but I suppose all three ladies will be in heavy make-up so maybe it doesn't matter.

In the new teaser trailer, they look uncannily un-aged from the original.

There is indeed a lot going on with makeup, fake teeth, wigs and costumes, which I'm sure helps, but one can easily imagine they really are witches who haven't aged due to some evil sorcery.

The tone of the sequel looks spot-on. And the opening of the trailer - with the piano music and the three girls leaving school on Hallowe'en - reminded me of the Halloween films. Appropriate for a film based around that season.

Rove

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Okay. That trailer has me hooked. I may not like Bette's political views but I find when she is in a role like this and she is allowed to play it with such enthusiasm she makes me laugh out loud. This stuff is right up her alley.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
This was a hit and miss movie for me.

The return of the Sanderson sisters was a complete hit. It was evident how great these characters are thanks to the Bette and co and my favourite part was the Blondie cover with the MJ’s Thriller dance thrown in for good measure.

The young actors portraying the teenagers was a total miss. They felt weak and I found myself getting frustrated by how they were taking up screen time that could have gone to the sisters, the dancers and even Billy.