How long will it take us to get to 10,000 posts?

Michelle Stevens

'The Lovely Michelle'
LV

Reaction score
Awards
They are stunners Michelle .. :gotcha: .. absolutely gorgeous and they look so healthy and vibrant. I like the grey pot with the leaf pattern as well. Thank you for showing us.

Have you given them names?

Nothing yet. I date and number the bottom of each pot to know them apart once they lose their blooms.

Most of my orchids are in bloom now. It looked like a flower shop in my dwelling. They are returning the love and good vibes.
I'm so glad you like her :D .. she is still very content thank you.

I daren't move her position from the window sill because she loves the afternoon sun there (thats when we do get sun..Lol) .. As for her making it to next Christmas? well lets just say .. you Michelle are far more optimistic than I am :cool1..Lol!

Good to hear. One of your poinsettias made it to July one year if my memory is correct. I hope this one makes it to at least next Christmas. How does she look now, still have red leaves?

Streetie is still alive, amazingly. She looks kind f rough, losing a limb over the Winter and dropping many leaves but she's started some new leave growth in recent weeks. She's an old and somewhat sick plant so to even still have her is a joy and a blessing. She may, fingers crossed, make it back to the garden again this year. My other poinsettias are all different stories too. Giftie, the one I received as a gift last December did so well but suddenly got "soft rot" on her lower limbs and 85% of her died. I took three cuttings off of her and the cutting are alive in water. My giant from the discount at the store is also alive but with few leaves but looks okay for a Spring rebound.

Never a dull moment in my plant world.

Ooo and I missed being here with you all :hug:
This place isn't the same without you! :danc:

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
How lovely this sounds. When you write your book about tales of a delivery driver, you really do have a wonderful story to start with.
I remember my childhood story books and Heidi was one of my favourites. You describe the US version of Heidi in Switzerland. And I love your story of visitors asking if they're still in New York.
Yes, that would definitely be my starting point in the book. I guess it was very similar to Heidi in Switzerland now that you mention it. I am due for a trip back to that part of New York. It’s been over 20 years since I’ve visited.

Not long after I put the post on I remembered it was Salt Lake City. I have no clue what it looks like apart from being able to see the mountains from the airport. It was so strange how I just couldn't recall it then popped into my mind out of nowhere
Oh, it was Utah? Okay. Another beautiful state in my opinion. I’m a big admirer of mountains so usually any state that has them will rank high on my list of places to visit here.

I do love mountains and lakes. Beaches are my favourite view and if I can I'll have a little house with a seaview someday (in my dreams). Not so keen on countryside views but many people do enjoy the countryside. I'm trying a bit harder to appreciate the countryside with rolling green fields now I'm older and it really is on my doorstep but I'll travel far and wide in search of beaches, lakes and mountains.
I love beaches as well. I’ve always loved the sound of the ocean. Of course, considering the spoiling weather here, going to the beach is pretty much a year round thing so I do kind of get tired of it sometimes. I won’t go back for awhile but then I’ll start missing it again.

Of course I don’t recommend a beach house in this climate, at least not during the dreaded hurricane season. I’d rather be further inland and not so close to the water.

I guess I’m mostly a countryside person because that’s what I grew up with. I miss that a lot sometimes but I’ve become used to living in the big city over the years.

Aww I really enjoyed reading this. When he told me I said I bet they'd never heard of Dallas. I can usually judge by age and not usually wrong. I was sort of right, they'd heard of it but hadn't watched it. A red rag to me so I have to bite my tongue and smile sweetly when I met them afterwards and they brought it up. All the time I'm wanting to sit them down and tell them what their lives have been missing!
When I mention Dallas to people I usually get the response who shot JR or shoulder pads. I love that different people remember it for different reasons and mostly from casual watchers not die hard fans like myself.
I’m still amazed that your son appreciates Dallas at his young age! This is very rare nowadays. I know for a fact I’ll never get my 14 year old niece or 20 year old nephew to sit down for an episode. Of course it’s okay that I’ve had to sit and watch their shows against my will over the last 20 years but I digress.

Funny thing is I never noticed the shoulder pads back then. I kind of like them in a way. It’s all so 80s-ish but it was unique for the times. It was something different.

I guess with such a physical job like yours it's inevitable it will take it's toll on the body. I find ailments just seem to appear from nowhere now with no specific reason. The joys of aging I suppose. I hope I don't turn into one of those little old biddies that is forever complaining about pain here and aches there but I feel I already could be very close! Soldiering on without a care doesn't come as easy anymore and is in no way appealing
I am struggling Lol!! I was 23 when I started this job and, well, I’m really not 23 anymore. I’m watching a lot of my friends retiring now and I know I’m going to be there eventually. I need to stick around about 6 more years so there’s always the possibility of taking another position in the company at some point. But I really would miss being on the road. I’m not sure how I would handle that, or maybe I’m wrong and I’ll discover i should’ve done it years ago like everyone tells me.

As for you worrying about turning into someone that complains about aches and pains all the time, have no fear ‘cause I’m already there and it’s actually not that bad! I do like the attention it can bring but of course people get tired of hearing it sometimes. Luckily I work with a lot of people that are falling apart so I guess we have each other.

I hope it’s warming up over there for you! Right now it’s 8AM here and it’s already 74 so I’m assuming I’m going to fry today once I get outside.

Have a nice weekend LML and take care!!

Everyone else here have a nice weekend also!!

Biggie

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Happy Gilmore
As for you worrying about turning into someone that complains about aches and pains all the time,
I could talk with authority about aches and pains that have taken up residence in my body, and they going no where. In my mind I'm still 17 years old, but every morning my body tells me different. But, I am not one to grumble... I bitch up epic instead, and no one takes an interest or cares. All hope for the human species is lost I'm saying.
I hope it’s warming up over there for you! Right now it’s 8AM here and it’s already 74 so I’m assuming I’m going to fry today once I get outside.
Big Sister lives in Hong Kong, has done since 1999. She has acclimatized. In January she phoned Dear Mama and I was roped in so that they could tell me how to live right. She said that it was "freezing" in HK at 20 degrees Celsius. I said that WTF are you moaning about, I just deiced my van, and the temperature being displayed was 6 degrees below zero degrees Celsius. Just Googled 78 degrees Fahrenheit, it's23 degrees Celsius, at 8am. That's something that just doesn't happen in the UK.

We are now in Spring according to the Met Office (weather people) and another wet and cold winter with no snow. Significant snow events are a rare thing. Met office said once in 20 years on average. The warming effect of the heat generates by the kinetic energy by the sea and ocean's movement help the UK to remain just warm enough to avoid winter weather akin to inland countries. The land mass radiates the heat stored as the seasons change. Therefore the air mass sitting above the ground gets cold and the weather reflects that.
Most of my orchids are in bloom
I visited an orchid farm in Thailand. Beautiful it was. And the orchids were grown in baskets like things suspended in the air. Quite interesting to see.

Everyone else here have a nice weekend also!!
I've had a nice and chilled day today. The beers are going down at a steady pace, and I turned on this laptop found myself here while bouncing around my iTunes account. Started by bumping some new downloads and yes very good. Now I have strayed into bumping favourites of long standing, I must say that I have excellent tastes. Now bumping Dizzee Rascal recoded live at the BBC Electric Proms. Fix Up Look Sharp followed by Dizzee live at the Brit Awards with Florence of Florence and The Machine nailing a cover You Got The Love originally by Candi Staton. Jo Whiley put me onto Dizzee Rascal.

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I could talk with authority about aches and pains that have taken up residence in my body, and they going no where. In my mind I'm still 17 years old, but every morning my body tells me different. But, I am not one to grumble
Yes, I have the same problem. My mind thinks I’m still a teenager but my body quickly reminds me I’m pushing 50. My 20 year old nephew now runs circles around me on the ball field and then laughs at me, but I do surprise him once in awhile and give him a glimpse of what I once was. That usually shuts him up for awhile.

Big Sister lives in Hong Kong, has done since 1999. She has acclimatized. In January she phoned Dear Mama and I was roped in so that they could tell me how to live right
Lol!!! Well, someone has to keep you in line my friend!

I just deiced my van, and the temperature being displayed was 6 degrees below zero degrees Celsius. Just Googled 78 degrees Fahrenheit, it's23 degrees Celsius, at 8am. That's something that just doesn't happen in the UK.
We have much different climates! I remember moving down to South Florida in October of 1994. I left New York on a cold Autumn day and it was like moving to an entirely different world. It was a big adjustment.

We are now in Spring according to the Met Office (weather people) and another wet and cold winter with no snow. Significant snow events are a rare thing. Met office said once in 20 years on average. The warming effect of the heat generates by the kinetic energy by the sea and ocean's movement help the UK to remain just warm enough to avoid winter weather akin to inland countries. The land mass radiates the heat stored as the seasons change. Therefore the air mass sitting above the ground gets cold and the weather reflects that.
Interesting! At least you don’t get much snow over there. Most of this country gets some snow at some point in the winter months, well, except for where I live of course. Our last snowfall was in 1978.

I've had a nice and chilled day today. The beers are going down at a steady pace, and I turned on this laptop found myself here while bouncing around my iTunes account.
I’m glad you had a nice weekend Biggie! I hope your week is going well so far also!!

Long Lashes

Telly Talk Enforcer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
I reckon that could be a problem ‘Lashes. They’ve got you right there on having multiple personalities. I’d be in much trouble myself I’m thinking, mainly for posting nonsense that no one in their right mind would even want to read. Of course always referring to myself in the third person as DFF could also be an issue, which I notice I do a lot for some reason.
Well at least we are not boring and then we have some other characters who pop in on here from time to time like the budgies, the Gremlins (not seen them for a while) and the jealous biddies :lmao:

You can ask questions anytime my friend! How else do we learn anything? I notice I ask a lot more questions now compared to when I was younger. I would never ask anything of anyone because I was so shy but now I’m just a shy person that asks a lot of questions.
Ooo thank you for letting me ask things.

Yes you make sense :lol: being shy doesn't stop you asking qestions and thats great. In my defence at being a nosy parker I think it also shows an interest in other people. I don't just ask questions for the sake of it, I ask because I want to know ... and am nosy..Lol

Unfortunately it’s all too common because I’ve heard it so many times before. I’ve seen packages end up in the wrong house, the wrong neighborhood, town, city, state, even country. I wish I was kidding but I’m not.
Oh crikey this sounds bad.

I’m so sorry they didn’t believe you though my friend. That’s ridiculous because you have no reason to lie. You’re the customer and you just want your parcel. It’s drivers like that one that give us a bad name.
He wasn't very good at his job thats for sure, if he'd just admitted he'd got confused and made a mistake then all would be fine. I don't judge the company by his standards though, the other drivers are very good. I make it sound like I order 100's of parcels :lol:

This driver has no idea what crossing The Enforcer will lead to should he or she not find your house again next time.
Yes, he needs to tread carefully he might not get away unscathed next time :giggle:

If this old, falling apart body holds up long enough I’d be honored to deliver your parcels someday ‘Lashes. I can guarantee you they will be delivered to the right house, on time and with a smile.
This would be a complete honour to me :)

(Just not in the cold or snow)
I have tons of warm jumpers and boots I could lend you

So what exactly is a jealous biddie again?
Its someone who is bitter, angry and jealous .

Never me though :innocent:

It’s kind of funny ‘cause I actually took a sick day this week and I had coworkers texting me all day asking if I was okay. They probably thought I was dead Lol!!
Oh no, I hpe you are feeling better my friend, thats not like you at all, although I'm glad you actually did phone in sick rather than struggle on.

How are we doing on here DFF ? are we any nearer to 10,000 posts yet? :loon:

Long Lashes

Telly Talk Enforcer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
'd be here more if I could, it's not for the want of trying but my tech issues make it extremely difficult so I just stick to the Dallas forum when I manage to get on it.
Well wherever you post LML this forum is lucky to have you here.

When I travelled to Thailand I went to a remembrance place that was for the victims of the tsunami there. I didn't want to be morbid or glorify their suffering, I just wanted to pay my respects as I was in their country. Nothing could have prepared me for the pictures of numerous poor bodies on the beach (which I didn't know beforehand) and the devastation left behind. Those images will always stay with me.
Oh gosh that must've been very emotional to see.

I still remember hearing the news about the tsunami and each time a news report came in the news just got worse and worse. It must've been terrifying for the people who were there at that time. I think its very respectful of you to visit the rememberance place it showed you care.

I'm sure I will get to New York one day as I love travelling but this year is already booked up. I think I read you enjoy walking? Have you any special places you enjoy?
Yes I love walking with Mr L and our dog Barney.

We often go to Scotland to borrow my brothers cottage there and sometimes to the Lake Districk where we hire a cottage, I always make sure the bathroom has a bath though, I usually shower all the time but after a long walk my bones need a long soak in the bath :lol:

Long Lashes

Telly Talk Enforcer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Nothing yet. I date and number the bottom of each pot to know them apart once they lose their blooms.
You are so efficent and organised Michelle Stevens :gotcha:

Most of my orchids are in bloom now. It looked like a flower shop in my dwelling. They are returning the love and good vibes.
It must look stunning all those different colours showing themselves off for you :)

I have some tulips in the garden which are very nearly in bloom, oh how I have missed seeing flowers in the garden over winter.

One of your poinsettias made it to July one year if my memory is correct. I hope this one makes it to at least next Christmas.
Yes, I think it was actually 'Michelle the Poinsettia' who lived until July . I'd be so excited if Matilda makes it to Christmas, but I'm prepared for disappointment :cool1

How does she look now, still have red leaves?
She's sat right next to me as I type this , I don't mean on the sofa next to me ..Lol! . she's on the window sill nearby enjoying the spring sunshine and yes her leaves are still abundant and very red. She looks great.

Streetie is still alive, amazingly. She looks kind f rough, losing a limb over the Winter and dropping many leaves but she's started some new leave growth in recent weeks. She's an old and somewhat sick plant so to even still have her is a joy and a blessing. She may, fingers crossed, make it back to the garden again this year. My other poinsettias are all different stories too. Giftie, the one I received as a gift last December did so well but suddenly got "soft rot" on her lower limbs and 85% of her died. I took three cuttings off of her and the cutting are alive in water. My giant from the discount at the store is also alive but with few leaves but looks okay for a Spring rebound.
Its so good to hear about Streetie she has been through such a lot and had a rough start to life, I so hope she gets to enjoy the summer outside again.

Poor Giftie, but clever you has made she still lives on by taking the cuttings.

Never a dull moment in my plant world.
I've always enjoy reading your adventures, I still remember when you got your very first Orchid and now look at you :D:D:D

Long Lashes

Telly Talk Enforcer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
In my mind I'm still 17 years old, but every morning my body tells me different. But, I am not one to grumble.
This made really me laugh @Biggie

I had a conversation with a friend recently who mentioned how we were all getting and older and I was absolutely flabbergasted :yikey: and had to remind them that I'm still only just 30 in my head :lol:

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Well at least we are not boring and then we have some other characters who pop in on here from time to time like the budgies, the Gremlins (not seen them for a while) and the jealous biddies :lmao:
I remember the very first time I popped over here after I joined and reading about aliens, Enforcers, Lashouts, minions, spacecraft, budgies, Gremlins, a bunny working in a cafe, shirtless firefighters, yachts, orchids, poinsettias, Eagles’ nests, a Hotness Crown, etc. and thinking what the heck goes on over here on this part of the site? It took me awhile to understand it all. I gotta admit I was a little confused at first.

Ooo thank you for letting me ask things.
No problem. You may ask away my friend. You’ve always had patience with my (daft) questions. I’ll answer everything truthfully except for the things I can no longer remember and then I’ll just guess. You’re probably too young to understand this part yet but someday you will.

Yes you make sense :lol: being shy doesn't stop you asking qestions and thats great. In my defence at being a nosy parker I think it also shows an interest in other people. I don't just ask questions for the sake of it, I ask because I want to know ... and am nosy..Lol
I don’t think there’s anything wrong with being nosy. I’ll admit to being that way too sometimes. I guess we all are to a certain extent whether we want to admit it or not. To me it depends on the person we’re asking. If they seem talkative I’ll keep asking questions but if I get the impression they don’t want to be bothered I just stop asking and put my foot back in my mouth. That usually works well!

He wasn't very good at his job thats for sure, if he'd just admitted he'd got confused and made a mistake then all would be fine. I don't judge the company by his standards though, the other drivers are very good. I make it sound like I order 100's of parcels :lol:
Oh, that driver might be in trouble if you get one of those random surveys from the company. Do you ever get those? I’m not tooting my own horn but I’m cleaning up on those Lol!! I’m yet to get a 5 star review though. I’ve gotten plenty of 4’s but never a 5. I wonder why that is? The funny thing is they’ll tell me I’m getting a 5 when they get the survey but I never get one. I wonder what’s making them change their minds? I gotta figure this out ‘Lashes. Now this is gonna keep me up tonight.

This would be a complete honour to me :)
Unless DFF makes the same mistake as the other guy and goes to the wrong town with your parcel also. Then I have to hope The Enforcer recognizes me as a friend and doesn’t strike me down.

I have tons of warm jumpers and boots I could lend you
Thank you! I do hate the cold as you know, which really confuses me ‘cause I really used to love it when I was younger. This climate spoiled me a little. Is it starting to warm up over there yet? If I’m not mistaken I think you said your winter wasn’t that bad this year, right?

Its someone who is bitter, angry and jealous .

Never me though :innocent:
Thank you for explaining to me what a biddie is. I will use this tomorrow on someone at some point and let you know how it goes. That description definitely doesn’t fit you ‘Lashes but it does remind me of a select few over on the Dallas threads sometimes. There might be a few biddies over there.

(Just kidding, just kidding)

Oh no, I hpe you are feeling better my friend, thats not like you at all, although I'm glad you actually did phone in sick rather than struggle on.
I am feeling better, thank you for asking! I’m just having issues with my right arm. I had pain in my elbow and it was traveling all the way down into my hand. It kept going away but then it would come back again so I went to the orthopedist. All the tests were negative so I probably just aggravated something. He doesn’t think it’s anything serious. It’s much better now but it was kind of scary for awhile. I was using one hand all day as I had almost no strength in my right hand. Now it’s almost back to normal and I’ve regained my strength in my hand but the elbow still hurts. Isn’t getting old fun?

It wasn’t anything you did to me over on the Last Post thread though my friend.

How are we doing on here DFF ? are we any nearer to 10,000 posts yet? :loon:
Well, let’s see......................

We seem to be at 5529 now. So that leaves only 4471 to go I guess? We still have aways to go!!

Do you have any idea how many more orchids Michelle will buy and how many more Poinsettias you might kill by the time we get to 10,000 posts ‘Lashes?

I hope you’re having a great week so far my friend! You take care and of course the same goes for everyone else reading this!!