• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

I’m a Celebrity 2022

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
This year’s show will be interesting if it’s true Matt Hancock will be taking part. Although not revealed in the line up that’s been advertised, it has been reported that he’s been suspended from Government because of his taking part in their show. I’m assuming he will be one of the late arrivals.

9E9979E1-8C51-45F9-9EEB-5E95CFA75614.jpeg

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Returning to Australia after two-years away, contestants will leave their luxuries at home and spend up to three weeks in the jungle - with a whole host of surprises waiting for them.
The famous faces headed to our screens this year include pop-stars, actors from our favourite soaps, TV hosts, a Lioness and ITV News' own Charlene White.
Bafta award winning duo Ant McPartlin and Declan Donnelly will return as co-hosts when the show starts on November 6 at 9pm on ITV.
Voting is now open via the official app for you to vote for who views want to be this year's Jungle VIPs.
Those chosen as 'Very Isolated People' will then spend their first night stranded on an island and will face the first trial of the series.Take a look at the full line-up below.
Pop icon - Boy George
Boy George.
Boy George.Credit: ITV
Veteran pop-star Boy George believes going on I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here! will be a breeze compared to touring the world.
He said: "It’s just three weeks without any make-up on."
Boy George soared to fame as lead singer of the pop band Culture Club.
At the height of the band's fame in the 1980s, they recorded global hit songs "Karma Chameleon", "Do You Really Want to Hurt Me" and "Time (Clock of the Heart)". Asked how he will cope if he is voted by viewers to perform many trials, the singer thinks he will find them funny.
Ant and Dec confirm all star series of I'm a Celeb to be filmed in new location
Emmerdale actor Danny Miller crowned winner of I’m A Celebrity
“My biggest fear is being scared and the trials are not something I am particularly excited about.
“I will just laugh. I know they won’t want to hurt me. But I don’t want to be bored either and I will try to get the stars for everyone.
"I think I will be the in-house dietician when I am in the camp because I will be telling everyone they aren’t going to let us starve. I will be telling everyone to calm down.”
Corrie star - Sue Cleaver
Sue Cleaver.
Sue Cleaver.Credit: ITV
Coronation Street actress Sue Cleaver has revealed she is taking part in the hit ITV series to ‘shake things up’ as she approaches her 60th birthday.
The pandemic made her determined to take on some new challenges.
After joining Corrie 22 years ago to play Eileen, the actress says her only worry about taking part in the show is the fact she will be filmed 24/7.
She says it will be very new experience and joked that she hopes viewers won’t prefer her soap character to her.
Arlene Phillips reveals what I'm A Celebrity stars did during storm evacuation
Richard Madeley reveals why he was forced to leave I'm a Celeb
“This is the scariest part for me,” she says.
“I am a very private person and I am putting myself out there, which is what I am most nervous about.
“I do keep my life private and I am very happy with my home life.
"Viewers are going to see a different person to the person they think I am! I am very different. That can be worrying. They might decide they don’t like me as much as Eileen.”
Hollyoaks actor - Owen Warner
Owen Warner.
Owen Warner.Credit: ITV
Hollyoaks star Owen Warner has claimed not having his twice-weekly haircut will be the biggest challenge he has to face in the Australian jungle as he reveals he has encouraged his friends and family to vote for him to do every single trial.
Headed to the jungle with a phobia of snakes, he says he doesn’t think he will get wound up by his fellow campmates. But if they do step out of line, he will tell them.
He added: “Hopefully I won’t get wound up by everyone.
“If someone is out of order, then I will say something. But I don’t want it to cause any tension and hopefully they will stop. I don’t think I will cry either in the jungle but then again I cry at most films and sometimes even new food."
TV presenter and property expert - Scarlette Douglas
Scarlette Douglas.
Scarlette Douglas.Credit: ITV
Former A Place in the Sun presenter Scarlette Douglas hopes to show people who have doubted her in the past that she can achieve success after accepting an offer to take part in this year’s show.
Explaining how many people have told her she wouldn’t succeed in life, she admits if she is crowned the public's favourite, it would be a wonderful way to prove all the doubters wrong.
“If I were crowned Queen of the jungle, it would be such a big moment for me."
Readily admitting she has an irrational fear of spiders, Scarlette says one of the hardest things about taking part in the hit ITV programme will be not being able to speak to her parents, who she calls four times a day.
She said: “I am dreading any trial involving spiders and I am also dreading the food trial. It’s going to be hard too not being able to bring my seasoning into camp but I want to prove to everyone I can smash it.”
Ex-England rugby player - Mike Tindall MBE
Mike Tindall.
Mike Tindall.Credit: ITV
Former English Rugby Union player Mike Tindall will become the first member of the Royal Family to take part in I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here! and he predicts he will get voted to do all the famous trials in the jungle.
Tindall – who is married to Princess Anne’s daughter Zara – says he knows as soon as his fellow rugby friends find out he is taking part in the hit ITV programme, they will be on speed dial to make sure he does all the trials.He said: “I am fully aware that anyone who has ever played rugby will go, ‘Yeah let’s stitch him up’
“All my friendship group has that sort of humour and I know they will definitely want to vote for me! I am prepared to do quite a lot of challenges.”
TV presenter and journalist - Charlene White
Charlene White.
Charlene White.Credit: ITV News
ITV News' own Charlene White says it’s now time to take on a new huge challenge and doing I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here! is exactly that.
But the Loose Women panellist admits she can't get arachnids off her mind.
“I was fine until they mentioned big spiders can crawl all over me when I am asleep, which has freaked me out! I can’t stop thinking about it."
She added that she doesn’t mind falling into being the mum of the camp and will take great pride in trying to find out more about her fellow campmates. “I can be sat with someone at dinner who I don’t know and I love to find out lots about them,” she adds.
“There is nothing wrong with getting to know people. I love to listen and I like consoling people.”
She also thinks going on I’m A Celebrity will be the perfect opportunity to show viewers what she is really like.
She added: “I love music, dancing and clubbing and I want to show I am just a regular girl from south London who reads the news."
Radio broadcaster - Chris Moyles
Chris Moyles.
Chris Moyles.Credit: ITV
Arriving in the jungle is going to prove a huge challenge for Radio X presenter Chris Moyles - as he is absolutely petrified of heights.
Moyles has been approached to do the show several times over the years and he says he still doesn’t know why he said yes this time.
“Some people say if something scares you, then do it,” he said, adding: "But I am a firm believer you shouldn’t scare yourself. I am a big fan of my own comfort zone, too."
Taking about his phobia, Moyles said: "I am petrified of heights and getting into camp will be a massive challenge for me. Even that rickety rope bridge makes my heart start going. I have ever jumped out of a plane or walked out on a plank on a high rise building before and I know I have got to suck it all up."
He continued: “In the past, I always said no to offers to take part.
"But this year, I didn’t say no immediately, and I ended up going to a meeting.
"Now I don’t know why I said yes. But I am a huge fan of the show and I know what I am letting myself in for. My friends who have done it before have told me I will have a great time.”
England Lioness - Jill Scott MBE
Jill Scott.
Jill Scott.Credit: ITV
After helping the Lionesses lift the Women’s Euro trophy in July, recently retired player Jill Scott says she is looking forward to being part of a very different type of team in the jungle.
Scott – who played professionally for Sunderland, Everton, and Manchester City - says she thinks Newcastle fans Ant and Dec may give her a hard time if football comes up during filming.
“I haven’t met Ant and Dec before - but they are Newcastle fans, and I am Sunderland,” Jill says. “I don’t know if it will go down too well.”Scott describes herself as a hard worker and hopes to help her fellow campmates out if they are struggling.
But she admits the idea of some particular trials are already giving her the jitters.
“I am intrigued as to how I will react in the trials. I don’t like rats or snakes and if I had to be underground that would be scary.
"That is literally like being buried alive."
She added that she was "looking forward to meeting new people"
"I will help people if they are having a bad day. Everyone has got a story to tell and I love being part of a team. Hopefully we can create a good camp," she said.
Comedian - Babatunde Aléshé
Babatunde Aléshé.
Babatunde Aléshé.Credit: ITV
Comedian Babatunde Aléshé says he will be doing a lot of screaming in the jungle as he faces up to his fears of "absolutely everything".
He has revealed it took several attempts to persuade him to accept the offer because he is filled with horror at the prospect of rats, snakes and cockroaches being poured over him.
“I am going to see what happens but I know I will be doing a lot of screaming for sure.
"I am not looking forward to any trials but in terms of the one I am dreading the most, I saw one where someone was lying in a box and they put things into the box like snakes and mice. Now that would freak me out. I think I will lose it.”
TV personality - Olivia Attwood
Olivia Attwood.
Olivia Attwood.Credit: ITV
Glamorous former Love Islander and ITV2 presenter Olivia Attwood says she thinks having a ‘digital detox’ break from Instagram while in the jungle will be the perfect tonic for her.
The TV star says she did not hesitate to sign up to the show although admits it it felt "surreal" to be taking part.
Attwood - who appeared in the 2017 season of Love Island - wants to prove she isn’t "high maintenance" and can survive without make-up.
“Being part of I’m A Celebrity still hasn’t sunk in yet and when I first got the call to take part, I didn’t really believe it! It felt surreal because taking part in the jungle is the absolute pinnacle," she said.
"It’s the crème de la crème of all shows and obviously I didn’t have to think about it. I said yes immediately."
She added: “One of the things that will be nice will be to show a different side to me. I think people think I am high maintenance and I will struggle without make-up and nails but I am not that bothered and I think that might surprise people. I am happy to muck in.
“It will also be nice to have a digital detox. I do a lot of social media and I spend a crazy amount of time on my phone. My phone causes me stress. We are all prisoners to our phones and so it will be so nice to have this time in life where you are digitally disconnected for three weeks. It’s going to be great to be completely immersed in the jungle environment and I am excited to see what I can do.”

Want a quick and expert briefing on the biggest news stories? Listen to our latest podcasts to find out What You Need To know

Englishboy

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
This year’s show will be interesting if it’s true Matt Hancock will be taking part. Although not revealed in the line up that’s been advertised, it has been reported that he’s been suspended from Government because of his taking part in their show. I’m assuming he will be one of the late arrivals.

View attachment 41545
He’s already in Australia.

He arrived in Brisbane last night so it remains to be seen whether he will be in the starting line up or not.

I hope he Is.

I’m looking forward to seeing him being nominated to do the bush tucker trials night after night.

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I’m looking forward to seeing him being nominated to do the bush tucker trials night after night.
I'm going to download the app so I can vote for Hancock to do the bush tucker trial every night. Hopefully we will see him having to eat kangaroo cock.

Englishboy

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Reality television star, Olivia Attwood - one of the favourites to win it - has had to withdraw from the competition a mere 24 hours into this year’s series on medical grounds.

Last edited:

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Thinking about MH going in has made me realise the celebrities in with him are in a difficult position.

There is a long list of reasons to despise MH, mainly by what he’s done with the NHS, especially during lockdown. I can easily get angry with him over many things he was involved in and the lies that came from him only fuel that anger more.

I can see how easily the celebrities could end up coming across in a bad light. The programme has created a conflict by adding MH in the mix. It’s fantastic TV and will likely bring in the viewers, but my worry is which direction will it go.

Potentially, it could lead to a bullying situation with sone of the celebrities not realising. I hope that doesn’t happen. If MH or his advisors were more clued and knew exactly how people would react, maybe this is what they are hoping for.

Angela Channing

LV

Reaction score
Awards
Thinking about MH going in has made me realise the celebrities in with him are in a difficult position.

There is a long list of reasons to despise MH, mainly by what he’s done with the NHS, especially during lockdown. I can easily get angry with him over many things he was involved in and the lies that came from him only fuel that anger more.

I can see how easily the celebrities could end up coming across in a bad light. The programme has created a conflict by adding MH in the mix. It’s fantastic TV and will likely bring in the viewers, but my worry is which direction will it go.

Potentially, it could lead to a bullying situation with sone of the celebrities not realising. I hope that doesn’t happen. If MH or his advisors were more clued and knew exactly how people would react, maybe this is what they are hoping for.
I think the program is carefully edited so they won't show the full extent of the camp mates' feelings about Mr Handcock. For example, Boy George was clearly crying when they cut to him talking in the bush telegraph but we didn't hear any of the proceeding conversation that prompted the tears. Similarly, Charlene has issues with Mr Hancock but we were only shown a cosy chat that the 2 of them had about why he was taking part in the show.

I also think there are 3 groups of people in the public: those that like Mr Hancock (e.g. his fancy woman, some of his constituents, die-hard Tories, etc.), people who dislike him (e.g. me!) and those who are indifferent to him or don't know much about him. Whatever he does on the show, I doubt whether the opinions of the first 2 groups will change that much, so it's that third group who will form an opinion of him based on how he is perceived on the show that may have some sympathy for him. It's entirely possible he could win a large number of people over however, I think most people have already made their minds up about him.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I think the program is carefully edited

Oh, I haven’t watched last night’s yet. I can’t be doing with parts of the trail and the ridiculous phone box question for a few crumbs. We always watch a day later to cut out that stuff.

TBH, I think we are done with the show and only tune in to watch the celebrities interact.

My post above was thoughts in my head how I thought it might go. I am curious with how they edit this.

Angela Channing

LV

Reaction score
Awards
Maybe I'm guilty of bullying Matt Hancock but I've just used all five of my votes on the app for him to do the next bushtucker trial.

Angela Channing

LV

Reaction score
Awards
Yes, Jill is a sweetheart and Owen is very likeable but I would put Babatúndé Aléshé above Seann.

I don't get the hate for Charlene, I'm really liking her on the show.

Angela Channing

LV

Reaction score
Awards
Why on earth are people voting for the odious Matt Hancock? Unbelievable that he is in the final 3. I guess it pays be corrupt and give multi-million pound covid contracts to your friends and to discharge old people from hospital to care homes without testing them for covid causing thousands to die.

Julia's Gun

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I don't get it either. I bet it's not his constituents voting for him!

People are very gullible.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
That's the British public for ya!

Matt Hancock has been a fascinating person to watch and a good catch for ITV. As much as I despise the guy, it's been interesting to hear about some of the background goings on in parliament. I just wish he left last week.

My final three would have been Jill, Mike and Baba.

Englishboy

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I was surprised to see Mike voted off last night. I was sure it was going to be Matt Hancock.

However, I still can’t see past Jill being crowned queen of the jungle tonight.

A worthy and deserved winner indeed.

Last edited:

Angela Channing

LV

Reaction score
Awards
Jill is the most deserving winner, such a sweet person and so funny. She is even funnier than professional comedians Seann and Baba. I'm also liking Owen a lot, a really lovely person who exudes warmth, enthusiasm and joy, so I wouldn't be "devoed" (to use an Owen term) if he won. I'll be raging if Matt wins and will be thinking about all those families who lost loved ones because of his negligence.