If Robert had not left....

Monzo

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Scream series
I think so, too, about Richard & Maggie, but what would have happened to the budget if Robert Foxworth stayed? I guess someone would have to go without an exit storyline like Greg & Jordan a season earlier.

Richard Denault

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Camelot
Si Robert Foxworth no se hubiera ido, creo que Richard todavía se habría casado con Maggie, pero ¿se le habría revelado a Angela el secreto de Jacqueline sobre la paternidad de Richard?
Jeff Ferlich planeó que Chase regresara para el octavo.
Incluso contó que la figura con la que habla Angela en el episodio final del séptimo tenía una barba como la de Chase.
Pero desde que lo despedí esto no sucedió

Brian Kinney

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I think so, too, about Richard & Maggie, but what would have happened to the budget if Robert Foxworth stayed? I guess someone would have to go without an exit storyline like Greg & Jordan a season earlier.
If Foxworth stayed they could've cut Dan Fixx's storyline and having Chase comforting Melissa about Dan's death (drowned instead of Chase). Eric Stavros was also dispensable. Yes I think they should have written Chase and Melissa as a couple just for the reaction of the others. Melissa and Chase versus Richard and Maggie versus Angela and Lance.

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
If Robert Foxworth remained on the show it's difficult to imagine how they would use him if Maggie left him for Richard. I think they would have teased a love triangle type scenario but ultimately Maggie would have gone back to him.

Chris

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The idea of making Chase Melissa´s mentor and maybe platonic lover is interesting. I think though that the timing for the writing at that time happened too quickly to establish such stuff. If we imagine that Robert declined to return for season7 and was in store for later stages, let alone seaason8, when Melissa was famously written off, what possibilities there would have been: Establish Chase as an off-screen telephone partner for Melissa and making a big entrance when Melissa got FC back at the end of the 7th season. What a cliffhanger in total, let alone Maggie´s reaction in season8.

Jock Og

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
If Foxworth stayed they could've cut Dan Fixx's storyline and having Chase comforting Melissa about Dan's death (drowned instead of Chase). Eric Stavros was also dispensable. Yes I think they should have written Chase and Melissa as a couple just for the reaction of the others. Melissa and Chase versus Richard and Maggie versus Angela and Lance.
Funny you should mention Chase with Melissa. Once upon a time Ana Alicia suggested her character should pair up with the bearded vintner. This was in season 2.

Chase and Vicki are sitting talking in a park, somewhere in the city. Chase is being sanctimonious, which he does so well. Angela joins them and after pleasantries Vicki leaves, (a scene from season 6, 1986 - '87):

Angela: "I was just going to stop by your office and suggest we join forces."

Chase: "Against whom?"

Angela: "Against Richard of course. He is the root of all our problems."

Chase: "Uh. Get out of my life Angela! You have caused enough damage."

Angela: "Now look, I am not responsible."

Chase: "I hold you responsible and liable. You and Melissa."

Angela: "I didn't steal your baby."

Chase: "You knew where he was. You knew Melissa had him. Aiding and abetting; kidnapping, child endangerment. You know I'm filing charges."

Angela: "Well I'm terrified!"

Chase: "You better be! You know when we first came here all I wanted was a decent place for my family and a business I could be proud of but you couldn't abide it. You have never been able to leave us alone!"

Angela: "Why didn't you move to Wyoming and stay offa my land."

Chase: "Your land? Don't be absurd."

Angela: "I am not absurd. Where were you 15 years ago, when it didn't rain for 6 months and I watched all the vines wither. And where were you 10 years ago, when we had that killer frost? That made me the 'Raisin Queen of Tuscany'?"

Chase: "I love this land. I love it more than you have ever given me credit for."

Angela: "I have always given you the amount of credit you deserved!"

Chase: "And it'll be no surprise for you to know that I will be hunting your every move. Watching and checking your every business decision." He grinds his teeth.

Angela: "That'll be the day!" She smirks.

Chase: "The prosecutor will be on your case soon. But that's just the beginning. You see I am not going to stop. No. Not to you get everything you deserve!"

Angela smirks again and leaves her nephew standing there.

Chloe-Fusco

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Had Chase remained after season 6 he would've needed to loose the red Porsche. The car was more suited to Lance anyhow. The beard could have gone too and Nicole would still have come.

Falcon Crest I

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Perhaps Chase could have been the top person in the 13. Had he came back from the Bay or if that never happened and he stayed I could visualise him turning to the dark side.
Yeah he would've been pulling strings all along, as the 13 top dog but this isn't discovered until the final 7th season episode.