Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
Yes you thought it had gone away but it's back!!! My feeling is that the TWO MILLION views the original had for this delicious duo blew the site! Chemistry like no other - my (ok our) fab JR and Sue Ellen.

Let's go for a cool FOUR MILLION this time :) Take it away gang!

K

Karin Schill

Okay to get a conversation going. I am asking all JR/SE fans which moment it was that you became hooked on their story?

For me it was this moment:

uvs160916-001.jpg

When Sue Ellen visited JR at the hospital after he had been shot.

uvs160916-002.jpg

uvs160916-003.jpg

uvs160916-004.jpg

I loved how this event brought them back together and made them reconcile. In the episodes that followed they seemed genuinely happy together for the first time since the show began and that made me hooked on their story. :)

Take care,
Love:
Karin.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tatianna

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
This thread is so incredibly special. I am so grateful it was able to be saved. Thanks to everyone who helped bring this couple back to us in these pictures.:group:

K

Karin Schill

Thanks for those lovely photos. I love that season when they are divorced and he is courting her. It's so sweet how he keeps giving her the yellow roses all the time. On a sidenote, I read in Kristina Hagman's book about her dad that Larry also had a preference for giving people yellow roses! :)

Also I think Sue Ellen had such a lovely hair-do in that season.

Finally here's another photo:

IMG_20160920_0002.jpg

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
For me it was around the time of Jock's death and the welcome home BBQ. I was very young but I saw something there - a real spark in how he looked at her and how she looked at him. I was hooked from then on. I had never seen a couple with more chemistry - and haven't since. They are dynamite together.

PS I gave Larry yellow roses and he loved them :) He hugged me and said 'thank you Darlin' :) and gave me some fake money :)

K

Karin Schill

Aww, I totally get what you mean Sarah. Their chemistry was amazing and the way they looked at each other at the BBQ was electric. Here's some screencaps for you from that event :)

uvs160920-001.jpg

uvs160920-002.jpg

uvs160920-003.jpg

uvs160920-004.jpg

It totally looked like they were going to kiss before Sue Ellen broke free from his spell and walked away...

So cute how you gave Larry the yellow roses. :)

Larry_0016m.jpg

Also gotta love how he tossed those fake dollar bills around. I remember at Wogan he tossed some into the audience and some fans got into a fight over them!

K

Karin Schill

I do too @Sarah . Dallas was never the same without Larry and like @Barbara Fan has often pointed out. The world is a duller place without Larry!
He was so nice to his fans. I feel blessed that I was able to meet him. I'll treasure those memories forever. :)

Btw. I think it was so sweet at Southfork when Larry told us fans that we made him feel like a rockstar that evening and then the audience started chanting his name. "Larry! Larry! Larry"

uvs160920-005.jpg

It's strange to think of that it's soon been 8 years ago. I remember there was such excitement on the board leading up to that event with the count down clock and all. That fall with fansource and SF BBQ sure was an exciting time to be a Dallas fan. :)

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
One of my favourite scenes is this one - she has dropped all her defences and comes to him, willingly. I've watched this scene over and over because the words that they use and the things that they say to each other are for the first time in a long time, deeply honest. The love that they have for each other is so obvious here. What does anyone else think?

K

Karin Schill

Oh I love that scene too. I think the fact that she's come close to losing him and how he risked his life to save John Ross has made them realize just how much they actually love each other.

Over all I think there was something sensual about JR/SE that season. Maybe it was in their way of looking at each other combined with their way of touching. Like for instance in the scene you mentioned he kissed her hand:

uvs160930-019.jpg

uvs160930-020.jpg

I love little details like that.

Also here's yet another scene from that season that I love since it's so bittersweet and tender:

uvs160930-012.jpg

BD Calhoun is threatening their family and JR feels protective of his son. Unbeknownst to him Sue Ellen is standing in the door watching the tender scene and is reminded what a good father JR is.

uvs160930-013.jpg

JR realizes that Sue Ellen is watching him...
uvs160930-014.jpg

She notice it...

uvs160930-015.jpg

Once out in the hallway she tells him something like:
"I'd forgotten what a wonderful father you are. Too bad you couldn't be a better husband..."

uvs160930-017.jpg

He tells her "it's been a long time since you let me try..."

uvs160930-016.jpg

She tells him: "I'm not talking about spending the night together..."

uvs160930-018.jpg

"I'm talking about a lifetime."

So do you have any other favorite scenes from this season?
Or is your favorite JR/SE scene from another season? If so which one is it?

Jennifer, I am glad that you love the photos. But how about joining in the discussion too?
Since I'm sure you must have an opinion about JR/SE and what made you love them. So why don't you tell us?

Okay that's all for now,

Take care,
Love:
Karin.

K

Karin Schill

Hi again,

I've updated the JR/SE video I made to the song "Forever Tonight" with better quality clips and thought I'd share it here as the video is dedicated to the original swooners who used to post in this thread in between 2004-2008. It's a total fluff video so I hope you'll enjoy it:

That's all for now,
Take care,
Love:
Karin
x

Mrs Bobby James Ewing

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
My favorite season for JR and Sue Ellen is when they get their first divorce and JR wins her back while he is sleeping with Marilee Stone hehind her back.:) :(

Karin, I love your updated JR and Sue Ellen music video to the song Forever Tonight.:)

K

Karin Schill

Thank you Sanda for the feedback on my video. :)
Also that's a great season you chose for JR/SE. Here's a couple of caps from your favorite JR/SE scene:

uvs161010-001.jpg

uvs161010-002.jpg

He tells her it's been 14 years since they first met...

uvs161010-006.jpg

uvs161010-005.jpg

uvs161010-008.jpg

uvs161010-009.jpg

uvs161010-010.jpg

uvs161010-011.jpg

uvs161010-012.jpg

uvs161010-013.jpg

I really love this scene too. It's romantic somehow. :)

Take care,
Love:
Karin.

K

Karin Schill

Thanks, I figured I'd repost a couple of screencaps from JR Returns that I had posted before the board went down. Also while on the topic of JR Returns, did you think that JR/SE would reconcile prior to watching it?

I didn't. I had read some press about JR Returns prior to watching it so I knew JR would fake his own death. The press sure knew how to spoil things! lol
But well at least they hadn't spoiled the JR/SE plot so it was a happy surprise. I was so glad to see them reunite and I loved the whole movie really. :)

Anyway here's the screencaps:

uvs160713-001.jpg

uvs160713-002.jpg

uvs160713-003.jpg

uvs160713-004.jpg

uvs160713-005.jpg

uvs160713-007.jpg

uvs160713-006.jpg

Aww! I really think JR & Sue Ellen should have stayed together after this!

That's all for now,
Love:
Karin.