Let’s Try That Again

stevew

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
If I had any influence on CC’s team I guess I would have had to with her ideas but I’d have hope I could have made her see reason:

Dallas as it was and as it should have been tweet:

Episode 1 of the original start to Dallas: J.R. feels threatened because Bobby's new bride, Pamela, is the daughter of Digger Barnes, Jock's longtime enemy.

Episode 1 of what we saw in 2012: At Southfork Ranch, the family gathers for the wedding of Christopher Ewing, adopted son of Bobby Ewing. Bobby discovers he has cancer and hides it from his family but Anne finds out after stumbling upon his medication. Elena's feelings for Christopher return. Both Christopher and John Ross begin working on different energy projects. Bobby looks to sell Southfork.

My Episode 1 in 2012:

John Ross and Elena drill for oil on Southfork. The trucks are marked, ‘Ewing Ramos Field Services.’

Bobby arrives with Christoper in a ‘SF Ranch’ marked Southfork truck, yelling about drilling on the land.

John Ross produces a court order turning over the mineral rights of Southfork to the heirs of Miss Ellie as they were not mentioned in her will. John Ross says, “Grandma gave you the land and the ranching business, left the house to my daddy, but she neglected to mention the mineral rights, which are a separate entity, you know that. Because all the rest of us were mentioned in her will, this paper turns those rights over to the nine of us, and this is a test well to prove what we all own!”

Note Mineral Rights Trust:
JR
John Ross
Bo (Cally’s son)
Gary
Lucy
Lucy’s sister
Lucy’s brother
Bobby
Christopher
9 people / 9 votes (note mention James is a Beaumont and Lucas and Margret are Krebs’)

They enter the kitchen of the house (structurally the same as the original) arguing, yelling. JR and Ann enter from the dinning room, wanting to know what’s going on.

When Bobby tells him, JR explains it’s a test well and Bobby can’t stop it. “Maybe you can stop it from operation, but not a test.”

Ann shocks Bobby by siding with John Ross. Of course she loves the land but Bobby’s creating a fight. “It takes two to fight. You’re choosing to fight, Bobby.”

Elena from the start shows feelings for Christopher, exchanging glances.

Bobby says, “Listen boy, I’ll kick your ass over the county line before I let you set up drilling on Southfork.”

“I wish you’d try it. I’m not my daddy. You swing first and I’ll put you down old man.”

“John Ross!” JR admonishes. “What your temper.”

John Ross stomps out as Bo walks in, a tall, handsome, blonde boy in pajama pants and shirtless. “What’s going on?”

“Bo,” Ann says, “I’ll explain it to you. Let’s let your father and uncle settle this.” They follow John Ross.”

Bobby asks Christopher to leave them alone.

“Now Bob, Ann’s right. Takes two to fight. John Ross has got to prove his case. He has a right to do just that. And if five of nine members of this family agrees with him, you gotta let it go.”

“I’m not gonna let go drilling on Southfork.”

“You remember when momma left the cottage outback to Teresa and her sister, Carmen, and you told me I’d have to let it go. Now if I gotta let the hired help live next door like owners to keep the peace, least you can do us let the family vote.”

“It can’t be the money JR. Ewing Industries is all yours, you’re the largest single shareholder in West Star and Sue Ellen and I sold you Ewing Oil. What more you want?”

“I don’t want anything. This is what John Ross wants. He’s building his own company, just like Christopher.”

“Christopher’s not trying to dig up Southfork and pull this family apart.”

“No. But he can’t get his company off the ground now can he? It takes money to do that. Maybe that’s what’s here. John Ross can use the money to expand his business and Christopher to start his.”

“Not with Southfork they won’t.”

The next day John Ross runs into Rebecca, planning the wedding her parents are boycotting (stupid idea to hide her identity but it’s what they wanted). John Ross seems to know she has a secret mentioning when they were kids. There’s also an attraction there from the start.

In Jock’s study, JR says to Bum that he wants to know who this “Sutter girl” is, but Bum keeps running into road blocks.

John Ross enters from the outside and JR introduces Bum, his “Goto man.” JR says, “Maybe now you’re ready to learn the oil business.”

“I’ve spent the last fifteen years working oil fields in some of the worst hell hole you can imagine. I know the oil business.”

“No you know digging in the ground. You don’t know squat about business. This is Roger Penbrook, President and CEO of West Star. He’s a man to know.”

Roger says, “We know each other. Your sons done a lot of work for us up in the Badlands. He’s a chip off the old block JR. Your father and are are talking about logistics. We need to expand trucking. Wendell has it tied up around here. That’s the kinda thing you gotta think about it you’re gonna be in the oil business besides just finding the stuff.”

“And this is Amy Anderson. She’s on my team. Oxford and New York. She’s been working with Donna in D.C. lobbying. Now we’ve got her.”

“Nice to meet you. You’re not Punk and Mavis’s granddaughter are you?”

“Yes, I am.”

“Been a long time. You’re all grown up. You can’t really be old enough to have graduated from law school.”

“She was a bit a head in school.”

“Well welcome to Southfork.”

JR leads John Ross out of the house, hand on his shoulder guiding him into the sun. “I’ll show you the oil business, but I’ve got other business to attend to. I’m gonna get your momma back on Southfork before I die.”

“I don’t know about that daddy.”

“I do. Ain’t no one believes it, least of all her. But I love that woman.”

“I know you do.”

“Do ya? Loved her since the moment I meet her. Believe it or not I never trusted her. You gotta have trust in a marriage John Ross. You’re cousins jumpin’ in blind. You’d do well to consider Amy. Fine young girl. Look at your Uncle Bobby. He married Jordan Lee’s girl, a good family, even if I wasn’t all that found of him, a darn good family. Or you know my friend Carlos. He’s got a daughter. Haven’t seen her since she was just a toddler. I’ve got some business with Carlos. I’ll mention you.”

“I don’t need you fixing me up.”

“Hell if you don’t. Sniffing around Christopher’s leftovers. You don’t marry the help son.”

“Elena’s not the help.”

“Her family has been, long as I can remember.” JR grins from ear to ear as Sue Ellen walks up from her car toward the house. “You know the money Clayton and my momma left to start up the Ewing Farlow Foundation, your momma’s built it up into one of the country’s biggest endowments. She’s done more good for Texas than all the rest of us combined. Anybody has anything good to say about this family, it’s because of her.” As she approaches JR says, “Why darlin’ I was just tellin’ our boy he’ll never find a woman as good as you. And here you are.”

Sue Ellen just smiles at him.

stevew

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards

John Ross “JR” Ewing, II

John Ross Ewing III

Boaz “Bo” Harper Ewing

Robert “Bobby” James Ewing and
Ann Jordan Lee Wendell Ewing

Christopher Ewing

upload_2018-11-19_21-28-43.jpeg

Lady Sue Ellen Shepard Ewing Lockwood

with

upload_2018-11-19_21-32-6.jpeg

Elena Ramos

upload_2018-11-19_21-33-16.jpeg

Pamela Rebecca Barnes

and

upload_2018-11-19_21-34-6.jpeg

Jeremy “Harris” Wendell, II

stevew

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
That would require a few other changes:

JR’s Will:

The West Fork Ranch in California, which JR bought a month before, to Gary

The Wade Ranch, which JR also bought a month before, to Bobby.

The South Fork Ranch, earlier he signed over just the land (J.R. would never have given his birth right to Bobby once he got it) to the Ewing-Farlow Foundation (to Bobby’s surprise and anger, the Foundation run by Sue Ellen and Bobby) to John Ross.

Jock’s lion medallion to Ray

He leaves Ewing Oil to John Ross, it’s a sell of a company he bought from Bobby and Sue Ellen years ago, though a couple of Jock’s original wells are still producing with a value of close to fifty million dollars.

The Southfork House and it’s contents in trust to Sue Ellen and to John Ross upon her passing, with Bo,like Bobby, being allowed to live in it for the rest of his life.

He leaves a trust fund of fifty million dollars to Bo.

The rest of his personal items, cash on hand, and investments, including Ewing Industries to Sue Ellen.

Away from the table JR has secretly left letters to Bobby, Sue Ellen and John Ross with instructions.

JR’s Masterpiece:

Cliff in a prison, moved to a mental hospital, in Mexico, by Carlos per JR to protect the family because he’s mentally ill.

Sue Ellen (not with Bobby) used Ewing Industries to buy Ewing Global - part of JR’s plot to take everything. She forces the buy out of everyone to own everything on her own. John Ross reveals he was suppose to buy Ewing Global, according to JR, not Sue Ellen.

Harris Wendell in prison (to stay) and Emma was to sell Wendell Shipping to John Ross. She backs out only to get in over her head with her dad’s drug partners. When John Ross saves her, she and her grandmother agrees to sell the company to him, per an agreement with JR. It includes control in all the old Cartel independents as well as Lone Star Bank (former Cattleman’s Bank) and Rylands black box. Judith an ally of John Rosses headed to the US Senate. He creates a mercenary company, Branch Water, merging it, Ewing Ramos Field Services (which he bought Elena out of earlier), Cyberbite and Wendell Shipping into Ewing Oil.

This is a true masterpiece leaving Christopher out and John Ross all he promised, Southfork and Ewing Oil and leaving Sue Ellen the matriarch and with Ewing Industries.

And Christopher ready to fight dirty.

JR’s daughter: an unknown family he raises with Mandy Winger all this time. Instead of her existence helping John Ross Christopher brings her to Dallas. Like Bo she has a fifty million dollar trust fund. He brings her to Dallas to upset Sue Ellen who he’s going after as her company owns his drilling technology. Bobby feels he’s becoming to much like JR. He also tries to win back Pamela (and push Elena onto John Ross if she stays) to disrupt his life. Eventually he finds another child of JR’s and Bobby is angry with him.

Last edited:

stevew

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
upload_2018-11-21_22-27-18.jpeg

Ellie Ewing

Mateo Ramos
(Drew’s twin brother and John Ross’s “Bum”)

Carlos DelSol, III
(they needed to do more with the DelSol’s)

Last edited: