One Tree Hill My Thoughts on "One Tree Hill"

ClassyCo

Telly Talk Superstar
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I have dove into talking about One Tree Hill in another thread, but I decided this morning that I really need somewhere devoted entirely to my rants about this show. I am totally addicted to this show and its characters, but certainly doesn't mean that I don't have some things that make me want to scream out loud in my bedroom because it effects me that hard.

First, I want to say that my comments here are definitely going to contain spoilers, so if you don't want any spoilers, then you might not want to read what I've got to say.

I think One Tree Hill is an excellent show. It manages to incorporate a heart and realism that many soap operas don't ever really capture. There was someone here in one of these threads that favorably compared One Tree Hill as a more modern take on the Knots Landing concept, and that's certainly a solid comparison. The two shows are rather similar, mostly because of their ensemble cast setup, which makes it easier for the stories to move forward, and incorporate newer characters and write out those whose actors want to move on to other things.

ClassyCo

Telly Talk Superstar
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I'm watching the final episode of season three today, and there's a lot of things that's happened that's made me irked in my mind about this show.

I don't have any specific order to put these in, so I'll just rant away.

First, I was actually shocked that they killed Keith. While I liked Keith and realized the purpose his character served in the show (a "good" balance to Dan's "evil"), but he was never a favorite of mine. Honestly, he always annoyed me a little bit. I know life, and Dan, had dealt him too many wrong hands, but he did always strike me as something of a loser. He was a good guy, and he loved Karen and Lucas, but he always slept with Deb, his brother's wife. That's a big one there. Anyways, I didn't expect for the writers to actually let him die in the school when Dan shot him. I just knew that when the next episode started, they were all going to be at Jim's funeral and Keith was going to be wrapped up in the hospital somewhere. That didn't happen. Evidently, Craig Sheffer (the guy that played Keith) either wanted out or the show decided that they could generate better stories out of him with him gone.

I kind of like Bevin and Skills together. The first thing that drew me to Bevin was, oddly enough, her name. I think the two are cute together, and I enjoy the time they have them together. They are an odd match, but it works and I like it.

Then there's Mouth. I feel so sorry for this guy. He's nice and he just wants to spend his life with a girl that's head-over-heels for him like he is for her. At the end of the second season, he was with Erica Marsh, the former student body president. I thought their relationship was so cute and I was really hoping that the writers didn't do something stupid and split them up. But then season three starts and Mouth tells us that Erica suddenly became popular and she bailed on him. I was really mad at her for doing my boy Mouth like that. In season three, this new girl Rachel shows up and through time she makes it appear like she has feelings for Mouth. Poor Mouth does what he always does, and he falls for the pretty girl and he actually thinks she's fallen for him, too. What's funny is I think that Rachel actually likes Mouth in her own way, but she's too superficial to admit it and make it public. Mouth shows up to tell Rachel how he feels, but he finds that she's having an affair with Cooper, Nathan's uncle. Poor guy.

Dan's doing what he does best: he's stirring up trouble for the people in his life. The first half of season three has him scrambling to find out who it was that lit the match and started the fire at his car dealership that nearly killed him. We learn relatively early on that it was Lucas that pulled him from the flames, and that just solidifies how good a guy Lucas is. Dan was never and will likely never be a real father to him, but he doesn't care about that, and he saves him anyway. That's definitely admirable. Dan scraps and tries to find out who it was that lit the match, and he ultimately comes to believe that is was Keith that was trying to kill him. In a tragic turn of events, Dan shoots Keith during a school shooting, and let's the blame fall on the confused teenager that was holding people hostage. Deb finally tells him that it was her that started the fire, and naturally that unleashes Dan to do his bidding, but with a new target.

The one thing that's bothered me here lately is the Peyton/Lucas/Brooke triangle. I was beyond psyched when Brooke and Lucas got back together and she got done fooling around with jerks like Felix in season two. Lucas and Brooke seem to make sense, and they look good together, but I knew... I knew... that they were going to eventually shove a wedge between them again. I was ticked when they had Peyton come between them earlier in the show, and I was dreading the day I watched the episode where they had her do it again. Well, I just watched it. Peyton tells Brooke that she has feelings for Lucas, and it starts again. Goodness, if I wasn't mad at Peyton. I wanted to slap her through the TV. I'm like, you say Brooke is your best friend and yet every single time you get the chance to screw her over... guess what? You do just that. I cannot believe this. I am so mad a Peyton right now. I don't even like her anymore. Any sympathy or anything I had for about loosing her mother (well, both of them technically) is completely gone. She's an ugly word, and I don't even want to look at her right now. All this pettiness about not wanting to hurt Brooke or Lucas, but yet she seems addicted to doing it. Get out of my face, Peyton, if you know what's good for you.

I'll get off my soapbox for now, but I'll come back from time to time to give you guys my rants. I need somewhere to get these thoughts out.

Don't feel shy to rant with me. I need it.

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I was watching Gloria Monty's failed attempt at a prime time serial The Hamptons yesterday and there was this young guy who I felt looked like an Al Corley wannabe playing the son (or the Romeo character to the rivaling family's Juliet), imagine my surprise as I realised that he later went on to play Keith Scott on One Tree Hill and looked nothing like Al Corley later in life:

Aging is ruff y'all.

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards

VHS - it was released in two parts in 1986 under the name "Long Island" in Europe.

Here's a rather failed attempt to rip the opening sequence - I'll rip the entire thing eventually once I work out how to do it properly:

Anyway, carry on with your One Tree Hill programming.

ClassyCo

Telly Talk Superstar
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I was watching Gloria Monty's failed attempt at a prime time serial The Hamptons yesterday and there was this young guy who I felt looked like an Al Corley wannabe playing the son (or the Romeo character to the rivaling family's Juliet), imagine my surprise as I realised that he later went on to play Keith Scott on One Tree Hill and looked nothing like Al Corley later in life:

Aging is ruff y'all.
Wow, he does look like Al Corley when he was younger. I wonder if that "look" was deliberate?

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I'll rip the entire thing eventually once I work out how to do it properly
That would be awesome.
Was THE HAMPTONS a mini-series, a cancelled prime-time soap or a mini-series that was supposed to have a soap sequel (like Bare Essence and Return To Eden)?
there was this young guy who I felt looked like an Al Corley wannabe
I wisha wannabe he woulda coulda shoulda played Steven II.

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
That would be awesome.
Was THE HAMPTONS a mini-series, a cancelled prime-time soap or a mini-series that was supposed to have a soap sequel (like Bare Essence and Return To Eden)?

A bit of all above? My understanding is that ABC had a contract with Gloria Monty, who was then the head honcho of General Hospital and credited for turning it into a ratings monster, to produce a prime time series and the result was The Hamptons - a very cheap affair filmed on video and aired in the summer in five episodes. Supposedly if it had been successful it would've been brought back, though most stories did close by the end of it. It was then shoddily re-cut into two parts for overseas sales as a two part "tv movie/miniseries", though you can clearly see when an episode is supposed to end and another begin as the recut wasn't exactly seamless.

It's pretty shoddy and honestly kind of low-energy - you can tell that this was done by people who were experienced in daytime but not prime time. The best characters are Bibi Besch's alcoholic wife, who I feel never quite hit her stride and John Reilly's sleazeball of a character. I'd grade it maybe a D, D+ at best. I feel if they had at least shot it properly on film (especially since they do a lot of location shooting which would've looked gorgeous) and worked on a decent soundtrack it might've crawled itself up to a C-. But overall it was just contract fulfillment on ABC's part.

ClassyCo

Telly Talk Superstar
LV

Reaction score
Awards
My rants concerning One Tree Hill post #2

Spoilers!

Okay, so I've just finished the third episode of season five. I flew through season four pretty quick.

I like the Karen's pregnant with Keith's daughter, although I still don't miss Keith. There's been a couple of episodes where he's popped up on the show, but I'm just like, "Bruh, you wanted off. So stay off." Maybe that's a little harsh, but I'd rather he just be gone. It's easier to deal with that kind of stuff instead of always bringing someone dead back up in dreams or to haunt someone. I find it funny that Keith, as a kid, is the one that haunted Dan the majority of the time, though. That's a little more eerie, but it's still kind of meh. I guess I get it because Dan shot Keith and now he's guilty, but not entirely my cup of tea.

I knew it was only a matter of time both life threw Haley and Nathan more curve balls. Season two had her running around New York with Chris Keller, and now Nathan's choices are causing some ridges. He's becoming more serious about basketball during his senior year, especially when he learns that many major schools are eye balling him for their teams. Haley feels left out, and she also thinks that he's got feelings for Rachel. That kind of comes out of nowhere, but it's a soap, so I guess I'll overlook it for now. Haley goes into labor near the end of season four, right when she's giving her speech at graduation. It's typical, but nevertheless effective and I love how the camera moves in slow mood as everyone comes to her rescue. It's cute.

And speaking of Rachel. I actually like that she got more screen time in season four and that she was even added to the opening. I like that she and Brooke became friends, but it kind of seems they were by default. I mean all the other girls were paired with guys, one of them being Peyton have STOLE Lucas from Brooke. I'm still ticked about that one, but Rachel was the only one left standing so she and Brooke became frenemies. Rachel does do some nice things for Brooke, though. I mean she stole that key to the tutoring center to help Brooke cheat in her calculus class and graduate high school. I still think that Rachel's got something for Mouth though, but she's too superficial to ever admit it. Now she's gone and Mouth's all alone again. Poor guy.

Deb's still struggling with the booze and pills. This is a typical plot for soaps, but it does play well with these characters. Deb and Dan's squabbles occasionally remind me of J.R. and Sue Ellen's fights over at Southfork. Deb goes back and forth from rehab, and she's even tricked into signing back in once by Karen. I thought Karen was slick with that move. She definitely cares about Deb, and she doesn't want her to hurt herself because of her addictions.

Wait, does Karen really care about Deb? Karen's budding romance with Dan, the guy her dumped her close to twenty years ago, throughout season four could definitely cloud one's judgment. There have been several times that Karen and even Dan admit that their love for one another was not entirely gone. There's one scene where Lucas asks Karen how she got over Dan all those years ago, and she replies, "I'll let you know when I do." It's something along those lines, but it certainly foreshadows that Karen still has a soft spot for Dan, even though he's Tree Hill's biggest jerk.

Of course, Dan's still dealing with the fact that he killed Keith under false pretenses. Deb tells him that it was she that tried to kill him in the dealership fire, but it's too late for fixes now, because Keith's already cold in the ground. Dan's understandably mad at himself, and he commits himself to finally being there for Lucas, and for being there for Karen and Keith's baby. At first, Karen's a little shaky about little Dan into her life, but gradually does after he does things that naturally woo her and conflict her about her feelings towards him. I know there's one time where she tells him that she will never feel the same about him as she did in high school, but her actions would certainly tell you otherwise. Their little fling or whatever it is hits the skids when Lucas finds out that Dan shot Keith. Of course, no one wants to believe Lucas, but he's got a witness: the girl Abby Brown saw Dan shoot Keith, and she eventually tells Lucas the truth. The only one that believes Lucas is Deb, but Dan eventually turns himself into the police for the murder of Keith.

Lucas and Peyton still have their romance going, too. But it's thrown some definite curve balls in season four. Peyton's half-brother, Derek, comes to town and she starts spending a lot of time with him. Lucas is suspicious of Derek, though, thinking that his intentions towards Peyton are more sexual than brotherly. Lucas turns out to be right. Derek isn't who he says he is and he turns out to be a stalker. Now he attacks Lucas and Peyton's real brother Derek (more about him later), and he's eventually put in prison, or so they think. Turns out "Derek" had it rigged where Peyton thought he was in prison and he comes back and ties she and Brooke up in Peyton's basement on the night of their senior prom. Juicy stuff. They get him arrested though and that psycho is put in jail. This was a good story and I definitely did not see it coming. I thought that "Derek" was actually going to be Peyton's brother, but I just thought he was going to have issues with not being obsessed with her. Never saw him going totally bananas though.

Speaking of Peyton's real brother Derek. He pops up out of nowhere the night psycho Derek attacks her and Lucas. He's a black guy, well, because his mother is black. He and Peyton share the same father, who apparently wasn't a father to Derek either. He's in the marines, and he's a nice guy. He teaches Peyton how to defend herself, but after a few episodes, he's gone. I doubt we'll see anymore of him. That's unfortunate though because I could easily see him falling for Brooke somewhere down the line. Maybe not.

The season four finale is kind of predictable. As I said before, Haley gives birth her and Nathan's son, Jamie, and Karen goes into her and Keith's daughter. Like we didn't see that one coming. It was good though. The gang gets together one more time at a party Rachel throws, and they all say their "goodbyes" at the river court. It's sentimental and I almost cry.

Fast forward four and a half years.

Season five gives us the show's first time jump. It's understandable too. I guess they didn't want to give us two more seasons of these characters fooling around in college or trying to make it in the big cities, so I excuse their decision.

I've read about the show jumping ahead, and I honestly thought that I'd be alright with it, but I'm having some issues currently adjusting to it.

Nathan's wheelchair bound after being kicked out the window of the bar and injuring his spine, and Haley's teaching at Tree Hill High School. They have an adorable little boy, but Nathan's bitter and Haley worries he's turning into Dan. She hires a nanny named Carrie, but Peyton and Brooke things she's a fool because the nanny is hot. We'll see on that one. Nathan's coming around though because he doesn't want to be like his dad. Good for him.

Brooke's struck gold with her Clothes Over Bro's fashion line, but her mother, Victoria, is giving her a headache about keeping up appearances. Brooke decides to go home to Tree Hill and open a store there.

Peyton has been struggling a little in Los Angeles. She's only the assistant to the assistant at a record label, and her boss is a jerk. Her undermines her, and she eventually decides to come home so she can start her own record label in a building she's renting from Karen beside Tric.

Mouth's wanting a job as a sports anchorman, but his boss lady is a butt. In the last episode they start making out and all seems well. I'm guessing he will be the start anchorman now. Maybe not. I hope they poor guy doesn't get hurt again.

Lucas and Skills are working as high school basketball coaches at Tree Hill High. It's been sometime since the team has won any games, and it's Lucas and Skills' job to turnaround the school's winning streak.

Season five is looking kind of drab to me so far. Sure, I like that the characters have aged, but the gap is missing. I'm thinking the first four years of this show might be the Golden Years so far, but I'm not writing it off yet. I'm sure there's good stuff laying ahead of me.

Mel O'Drama

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
There's been a couple of episodes where he's popped up on the show, but I'm just like, "Bruh, you wanted off. So stay off." Maybe that's a little harsh, but I'd rather he just be gone.

If it helps, I'm fairly sure that Craig Sheffer didn't ask to leave the series, but was told he was leaving by Schwahn who would have preferred him to stay but felt the death was necessary to create repercussions and conflict. All things considered, I felt his return appearances were sweet and appropriate.

ClassyCo

Telly Talk Superstar
LV

Reaction score
Awards
If it helps, I'm fairly sure that Craig Sheffer didn't ask to leave the series, but was told he was leaving by Schwahn who would have preferred him to stay but felt the death was necessary to create repercussions and conflict. All things considered, I felt his return appearances were sweet and appropriate.
The guest shots he has done are necessary. I can agree there. The way he appears to Lucas and Karen during their life-changing operations and hospital scares, is exactly how Keith would have communicated with them had his character still been alive on the show.

It does make me a little sad, though. Did they tell him he was leaving? He had no say in the matter?

Mel O'Drama

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
It does make me a little sad, though. Did they tell him he was leaving? He had no say in the matter?

It's a while since I watched the series (and I've only done it once through), but if memory of the bonus material serves, Mark Schwahn said he called Craig in to explain what he wanted to do, and Craig - while obviously disappointed to leave the series - could see that such a powerful story was for the greater good of the series.

His screen death remains one of my biggest TV shocks. I had no idea it was coming and I had a physical reaction to it. Whenever I've mentioned the series in passing to people who haven't viewed it, the one tip I always have is to avoid the temptation to Google anything about the series. It's that kind of show, I think.

ClassyCo

Telly Talk Superstar
LV

Reaction score
Awards
It's a while since I watched the series (and I've only done it once through), but if memory of the bonus material serves, Mark Schwahn said he called Craig in to explain what he wanted to do, and Craig - while obviously disappointed to leave the series - could see that such a powerful story was for the greater good of the series.

His screen death remains one of my biggest TV shocks. I had no idea it was coming and I had a physical reaction to it. Whenever I've mentioned the series in passing to people who haven't viewed it, the one tip I always have is to avoid the temptation to Google anything about the series. It's that kind of show, I think.
That's interesting. I knew I once googled why Craig Sheffer left the show, but I couldn't find anything concrete. I guess I didn't do enough digging to find it. I'm watching the series on Hulu, so I don't have the DVD bonus material to get any of those interviews from the cast and crew.

Keith's death certainly took me by surprise. I honestly wasn't expecting him to die. I figured the opening of the next episode was going to revolve around Jimmy's funeral, the one that shot up the school. When it didn't, I was sure they were going to have Lucas, Karen, or possibly even Dan waking up from a dream and Keith being in the hospital holding on to life. But I was wrong. It was Keith's funeral. And he was dead. I was completely blown away.

I certainly would discourage people searching anything to find out any of the twists. I knew some things, but nothing really beyond when some of the actors left. I didn't know any of the story lines.

Last edited:

Mel O'Drama

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I'm watching the series on Hulu, so I don't have the DVD bonus material to get any of those interviews from the cast and crew.

It's good to watch a series that way sometimes, I think. It has that purity of simply seeing the episodes in the way they were designed to be watched, without any bells and whistles.

Keith's death certainly took me by surprise. I honestly wasn't expecting him to die. I figured the opening of the next episode was going to revolve around Jimmy's funeral, the one that shot up the school. When it didn't, I was sure they were going to have Lucas, Karen, or possibly even Dan waking up from a dream and Keith being in the hospital holding on to life. But I was wrong. It was Keith's funeral. And he was dead. I was completely blown away.

For me, once that shot was fired I was in no doubt about the outcome. It's interesting that different viewers experience the same scene in different ways.

I certainly would discourage people searching anything to find out any of the twists. I knew some things, but nothing really beyond when some of the actors left. I didn't know any of the story lines.

When I watched, I had the added bonus that a few of us on the forum were watching at the same time. There were two or three of us watching for the first time, plus a few who were already familiar with the series. We were watching at different speeds, but managed to share the thread without spoilers. Just shared encouragement. It was a fun way to watch.

ClassyCo

Telly Talk Superstar
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Don't give up on me guys.

I've started Season Six.

Bare with me.

ClassyCo

Telly Talk Superstar
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Okay, I'm back at watching ONE TREE HILL after yet another viewing slump. I am currently watching the twelfth episode of season six as I write this. I'd say that the first four seasons were the show's glory years, based on what the fifth and sixth seasons have given me, but also because when I think of ONE TREE HILL I think of the core characters being high school students. Post-high school the show is basically like a young adult version of KNOTS LANDING, which is convenient for me because KNOTS LANDING is my favorite of the night-time dramas from the eighties.

ONE TREE HILL is addictive, even though that might be a little difficult for some of you to understand from me because of my consistent viewing slumps that sometimes last a couple of years. But, the thing is, when I get into the mood for ONE TREE HILL, that's literally all that I want to watch. I've worn out Hulu trying to get through these last few seasons. I'm going to feel so accomplished when I finally get it done.

But let's get into the show itself and I'll tell you my feelings on it.

I'll start with the positives first. I really how Brooke is evolving as the story lines take her new places. Her mother, Victoria, is still a total pain, even though I have to give Daphne Zuniga kudos for playing her to the hilt. Victoria is what Brooke would've become had she not allowed her heart of gold get the best of her and takeover her life. It's heartwarming to me to see Brooke's desire to be a mother. She was dealt a bad hand in the parents department, but she wants to be a good mother. She tries to foster a few different babies, but she eventually ends up with a fifteen-year-old orphan named Samantha "Sam" Walker, who is a student of Haley's. Brooke and Sam are really good for one anther. Brooke needed someone to mother, and Sam needed to be mothered. Now, Sam's a handful, but I like her and I cannot wait to see where the writers take her. I have a hunch, however, that she isn't going to last too long. She's either going to amend her relationship with her birth mother or something tragic is going to happen to her. Goodness, I hope it isn't something bad. I doubt I could take that.

That brings me to Nathan and Haley. They are so cute together. The more I see them together, the more I like them as a couple. Visually, they are attractive, but their chemistry is very good, too. Carrie, the psycho nanny, pops back in for a little bit in season six. She wants to kill Dan and she wants to kidnap Jamie. I'm like, can this seriously be happening? When Carrie lures Haley and Jamie out to her house by claiming to be Dan's hospice nurse, I was totally rooting for Haley to kick her butt. Even though Haley doesn't technically defeat her, it was cool as all get out to see Deb slap Carrie up side the head with her wine bottle. And then Dan pops up out of nowhere and shoots her in the chest, stomach, or somewhere. Naturally, she has a brief instance where you think she's alive, but they finish her off. Good riddance to that mess, though. Carrie was crazy and I'm glad that part of the story is over.

Meanwhile, Nathan's trying to find his way in the world after his injury. While I can understand that Nathan wants to continue his career in basketball, there's a part of me that wishes he would just grow up and move on. But I guess this wouldn't be ONE TREE HILL if the guys weren't driven by basketball, right? Anyway, Nathan gets caught up in a league called Slamball, which I was originally almost certain the producers had invented to serve the plot. Wikipedia told me otherwise, though. It is a real league. I guess Nathan's given up on the Slamball thing now, however, and he's trying to edge his way into the NBA. It's cool really, even though I do still occasionally get the idea that he's living in the past.

Do I really need to talk about Lucas and Peyton? I mean, you all know that I was totally ticked off that Lucas broke Brooke's heart AGAIN and bailed on her for Peyton. And only to leave Peyton for Lindsey, and then bail on Lindsey to get back with Peyton. It just makes me mad man because I really, really wanted Lucas to stay with Brooke. I thought they were so good together.

Aside from that, though, Lucas's book about the Ravens has been optioned to be made into a movie. Julian, Peyton's boyfriend while she was in Los Angeles, is going to produce it. Peyton's found out that her biological father is musician Mick Wolf, another no-name entertainer (to me anyway) that I figured the show had rigged up to make Peyton feel special. It really is sad that Peyton's parents bailed on her because they were too tied up in their own selfishness to take care of their daughter. But on the bright side she ended up with good parents that loved her and made her feel special. I've just started season six, episode thirteen now, and Peyton's just told Lucas that she's pregnant. Like, good grief, that's all we need. But I guess I should've saw it coming. I'm really am happy for them, even though I'm still mad that they broke Brooke's heart so many times. That's not cool, you know?

Let me just say how much I really like Mouth and Millie together. I'm really happy that they're doing good things for Mouth. He always seemed to get a bum deal before, but he's landed a really good girl in Millie, and I really hope it continues to work out well for him. He left Omaha and has come back to Tree Hill to work for the TV station that he did before. But who would the suits get as a Mouth's new assistant? None other than his ex-girlfriend Gigi. Of course, she's gone a little wild and she keeps throwing herself at Mouth. Naturally, Millie doesn't like how Gigi is being so flirty, and just recently Millie's found a skimpy picture of Gigi on Mouth's phone. Mouth didn't want the picture, but Millie doesn't care. The fact that he kept it was enough for her to storm out of his apartment. I just hope it all gets ironed out and Millie sees the truth in Mouth and comes back to him. They're so cute together, and I don't want that messed up.

Please continue to bare with me as I try to comb my way through these final seasons of ONE TREE HILL. It's still a good show, but it's different.​

ClassyCo

Telly Talk Superstar
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I'm rapidly approaching the end of season six.

I'm a little irked that they've broken up Skills and Deb. Even though the subplot seemed like a ploy of the writers/producers to keep Deb around more, I actually ended up liking their interracial May-December side fling. Even so, I knew it wasn't going to be a long-term relationship. Nathan being weirded out about his mother dating one of his high school basketball buddies was only going to go so far. What else could they do? If Deb wasn't going to remain a main character, something had to give.

So Lucas and Peyton are pregnant, but there's complications naturally. If everything doesn't go perfectly, Lucas runs the risk of loosing both Peyton and his baby during labor. It's classic melodrama to have an expecting mother to be tossed a curve ball concerning her pregnancy. Of course, Lucas and Peyton are dealing with the news in different ways. Peyton wants the baby, Lucas was originally hesitant. Now they're both on the same page, or at least kind of, and Peyton's making a time capsule for her baby to have of her in case she weren't to survive. It's a little tug-of-war story really, but it's actually moving forward well. I really want to see how their wedding goes and how cute their little rug rat is going to be when he or she gets here. Lucas and Peyton have grown back into my good graces, as long as I overlook what they did to Brooke.

Brooke is still my favorite, and increasingly so. I'm loving her darker hair, and I'm enjoying her mothering time with Sam. Where I'm at now, Sam's connected with her birth mother and Brooke is feeling a little shafted. As much as I'd personally like it for Sam and Brooke to be their own little family, I also realize Brooke needs to continue to grow and that her fostering Sam was only a process, not a permanent part of her life or her story line in the show. It's amazing how Sam living with Brooke has encouraged Brooke to the plate and make crucial decisions that could effect both her and Sam in the long run. Brooke passed up on an opportunity to go to Los Angeles with Julian to make sure Sam was looked after, but I know we haven't seen the last of Julian. Sam's just recently moved out, I guess, to spend some time with her birth mother. It won't be long and she will be history, I'm sure.

And speaking of Julian Baker. His relationship with Brooke seems kind of forced. While I like them together well enough, they didn't really have many crossings and then suddenly they're an item, but they're not, but yet they probably are. What? I mean he just appears in flashbacks as having a past with Peyton, but it all just seems random. It's not really fitting. But if I bypass all those plot holes in my mind, I can get into the jive pretty well with Julian having a thing for Brooke. Hopefully it all works out for them down the road.

Everything is actually moving on quite smoothly.

I'll come back for more when I finish the season.​

ClassyCo

Telly Talk Superstar
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Continue to bare with me. I haven't forgotten about my ONE TREE HILL rants. My sister-in-law has bought me the DVDs for my birthday and I hope to be finishing up the series soon.​