Telly Talk's Favourite TV Characters

THE SPIN-OFF

New deleted scene

the-lost-son

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
There is new deleted (character-driven!) scene by Dallas fanzine (which I didn't find posted here) :

I know these deleted scenes (especially Sue Ellen's and JR 's dance at the Ewing B-B-Q have been discussed frequently over the last, +7years.

Some of our administors seem to be very well-informed before and during the production of new Dallas.
Is there any guessing if (let alone when) more scenes or the written scripts of season 4 can be published. The creative rights are probably an issue. Is there maybe a expiry date (10years) when things like that can be published without paying royalties.

Just wondering if there is any information out there because this deleted scene above is new to me. So there must be a source somewhere.

Last edited:

tommie

Telly Talk Superstar
LV

Reaction score
Awards
It's actually three scenes - Sue Ellen / John Ross, Bobby / Christopher, Pamela / Sue Ellen.

But what a nice treat! It's been a while since I watched the show so I don't think any of them made it into the final cut. I can see why they were cut out though if they needed time, but if I were to save one of them it's the Pamela / Sue Ellen scene as it sets up why she behaved like she did when she went to see Cliff.

ETA: I just noticed in the comment section someone saying that Bobby later gave JRs letter to John Ross? Ooops. I guess that's an explanation for them cutting *that* scene.

Last edited:

Justine

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I've seen the two scenes with Sue Ellen before - I probably didn't bother to watch the Bobby/Christopher scene.

It's such a shame the scene with John Ross and Sue Ellen wasn't included in the show. The writers were always too busy pairing him off with every female character on the show :rolleyes:

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I’ve never seen any of those scenes before but the one with Sue Ellen and John Ross definitely should’ve been included. Them talking like that with J.R.’s portrait on the wall between them is a great visual.

Rove

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Interesting how these deleted scenes are focused on the very characters we wished to see in the continuation rather than that silly nonsense with the Ramos family and Mexican drug lord chaos. As @DallasFanForever rightly points out the visuals alone speaks volumes. The scene between Bobby and Christopher ignites a sense of history when the camera pans away from the fireplace and Bobby says, "Well, here's an end to lies and deceptions."

It's a pointed reference to JR but I wonder if Bobby is also referencing his own daddy, Jock. It's a clever mix of words and visuals which allows the viewer to draw their own conclusions. But good ole JR isn't quite done yet...his seed spawned another child.

Last edited:

tommie

Telly Talk Superstar
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I’ve never seen any of those scenes before but the one with Sue Ellen and John Ross definitely should’ve been included. Them talking like that with J.R.’s portrait on the wall between them is a great visual.
I can see why it was cut though if they were stressing for time. It's a nice scene, but doesn't really add any new information and works mostly as a recap. I think cutting the Sue Ellen / Pamela Rebecca scene was a mistake though - I remember how many people complained that they didn't get Pamela Rebecca's attitude when she visited Cliff and that scene basically sets that up.