Nick Toscanni was supposed to come back for Krystle in season 7's cliffhanger

Jimmy Todd

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Pray For Rain by Massive Attack.

Joel Abrigore was the next obvious choice. There was also the possibility of resurrecting Daniel Reece and giving him a new face.

Maybe Matthew, Nick, Joel and Daniel could have ALL showed up in the cliffhanger and claim for Krystle.:coffeelaugh:
After Matthew enters the room and says,, "I've come back for you, Krystle" Nick should have entered and said, "I've come back for you, Blake." Then Kirby should have entered and said, "I've come back for Alexis. What do you mean, she's not here! Nothing ever goes right for me!"

The2ndLostSonOfAlexis

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Titanic
They only character that really deserved a resurrection was Cecil Colby. Vengeful yet classy and in the same league as Blake. Maybe even higher. And together with Alexis it would have made for some great stories with Cecil/Alexis vs. Blake/Krystle.
I still think It was a stupid idea to kill him right at the beginning of S3. He should have stayed at least until mid-S3 or the end of S3

Snarky Oracle

Telly Talk Oracle
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
Whichever character was revived for 'The Seige' story arc, he should have pointed out how much Krystle had changed in the intervening years, because Linda's acting style had gone from measured and poetic to neurotic and almost mentally ill (foreshadowing that A-V malformation revelation from S9). So instead of Steven killing him, Matthew/Toscanni should have said, after just a few scenes with Krystle, "Hey, this chick has dun gone whack!!" as he rushes for the mansion door, never to show his face in Colorado again.

Grant Jennings

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The henchmen arrive and order the Carrington's and their servants into the library. They step aside as their employer enters from the hall. The camera pans across the stunned faces of the Carringtons.

Blake:
in a state of disbelief
Michael?!

Michael:
That's Prince Michael to you!

Krystle:
What are you doing here?

Michael:
I've come for the woman I love.

Blake, Krystle and the others look to one another in confusion.

Michael:
Amanda, I've come for Amanda!

The camera pans across the confused faces of the Carringtons and the servants before focusing on Blake and Krystle.

Krystle:
You remember, Blake. Amanda, she's your other daughter, the one that isn't Fallon.

Blake:
Pauses for a moment while he thinks to himself.
Oh, Amanda! I forgot about her.

Michael looks to Blake, losing his patience.
Blake shrugs.
Freeze-frame.

colbyco

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Great to see this stuff ... I wasn´t a fan of both (Matthew & Toscanni) but for me it makes more sense for Matthew to show up.

If I could choose I would have given Oxenberg a second chance together with her big love played by some eye candy like Rob Lowe.
Amanda (drug addicted) had a plan to get some money from her family but when the love of her life took over it became a nightmare.
Amanda waits outside the mansion till her love and his drunken armed friends come back with money but the terror just starts...

ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
On the one hand Nick may have been better, Matthew wasn’t a villain during his season one run.

The cliffhanger was badly done though, what would have been better is this

KRYSTLE: Oh my god…..it’s you!

BLAKE: But that’s impossible, you died years ago! What do you want?

THE MYSTERY MAN: Points to Krystle and then freezframe on her shocked face

As another poster aptly said, Seasons 7 & 8 were the seasons in which they tried their best to reset the show back to the first three/four seasons prior to Moldavia, season 7 was a blatant redo of seasons 1 and 2 whole season 8 basically rehashed the abandoned elements of the original season 6 storylines prior to the revamp, even the Matthew cliffhanger was a cheaper Moldavian massacre both involved Terrorists take people hostage after a wedding.

Zara

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Since I am a huge Nick T. fan, I would have loved that idea. :)
I always liked Krystle's and Nick's chemistry, and come on, everything that makes Blake eavesdrop is good drama.
Nick more had the villain look Matthew lacked. And Nick coming back had made the show darker, which soaps need from time to time away from pure family inbreed drama. Somehow Nick's animosity towards Blake was bigger and deeper than Mathew's.

So sad they didn't pursued it and talked JF into coming back.
I still dream of Nick & Fallon together as a better kind of power couple than boring Jeff. JF was a better actor too. I love season 2 much because of Nick and the whole story he created with B&K.

RIP Michael Nader. My passion for Dynasty is never far away when a true member of the D-universe is gone.
Re-watching the show right now and as soon as I read about his death.

Last edited:

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
Maybe i should watch s2 again, because i didn't in a while. But as far as i remember, Nick never had any loving feelings towards Krystle. Maybe some kind of friendship or he felt sorry for her that she was with evil Blake, but love? I don't think so. So why would he come back for her? I really think Matthew makes more sense in that matter, as he really loved Krystle.
And if they couldn't get Hopkins back, they should have called Hamilton in, as Joel would be my 2nd choice here, with his psychopathic fascination for Krystle. He could have brought that Danielle Steele book she had up there, so they could finish reading it together ... remembering those good old days up in the attic. Kind of romantic, isn't it? :Clol:
And by the end of episode 2, a vengeful Rita stormes in to shoot him and gets arrested. :D

Last edited:

Zara

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
To me it was obvious Nick had strong feelings for Krystle. Why else show him kissing Fallon but thinking and wishing it was Krystle instead? That wound't been necessary if only using her for getting back at Blake or was a shallow avenger.
I think he found it more perfect when he fell in love with Krystle meaning he would steal her for real from Blake, getting double joy from it. Krystle more saw Nick as a backup and support for her feelings against the losing-baby-Alexis-and-Blake-in-Rome situation. In time I think she would have fallen for him, if Blake continued his hot and cold game. Too bad Nick wasn't allowed by TPTB to stay in Denver. A character I really liked on the show! More so than Matthew.

Last edited:

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
To me it was obvious Nick had strong feelings for Krystle.
And yet he just left her alone in the worst possible situation at the end and even told her a horrible lie before driving away. True love that is. :lol:
That man had no feelings for anyone left inside other than hatred and revenge, even though he KNEW he was wrong at that point and that Blake wasn't responsible for his brothers death. But he left Blake up there to possibly die and lied to Krystle in her face about it anyway.

Last edited:

Snarky Oracle

Telly Talk Oracle
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
And yet he just left her alone in the worst possible situation at the end and even told her a horrible lie before driving away. True love that is. :lol:
That man had no feelings for anyone left inside other than hatred and revenge, even though he KNEW he was wrong at that point and that Blake wasn't responsible for his brothers death. But he left Blake up there to possibly die and lied to Krystle in her face about it anyway.
Didn't Rashid's brother re-convince Nick that Gianni died because of Blake??

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Ah, yes, that's correct. I really need to rewatch that again sometime. :lol:
But i remember i felt the arguments were quite cheap. And Nick was a psychologist, so..

Last edited:

Tony

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Didn't Rashid's brother re-convince Nick that Gianni died because of Blake??

Yes that was one of the flaws in an otherwise well constructed Season 2.

Nick's vengeance would have been more satisfying if he had carried his vendetta through to the series finale, rather than the detour of surgeon, and then revealing to Blake his vengeance a few episodes before the series finale, only to be persuaded by Rashid's brother in the final episode that actually Blake was responsible for his brother Jonny's death. The brother appearance was also a familiar and cheap Spelling trick - presumably because John Saxon as Rashid wasn't available for a reappearance which would have been more satisfying.