One Shot Thread... :)

K

Karin Schill

Hi Everyone,

While we're waiting for the archieves to be retrived I figured it would be a good idea to start a new one shot thread so we could share short stories with each other in the meantime. :)

I'll even give it a go, and this is a first for me, as I have as far as I can remember never shared any of my Dallas writing publically before. I have only enjoyed reading all the other talented writers stories. So well I'd like to dedicate this to all my friends on here whose stories I've enjoyed over the years. :)

Enough said. Here is what I've written:

Sue Ellen closed the door to her room and glanced across the hall towards JR’s room. She hesitated for a moment as she was not so sure it was a good idea to enter the lion’s den. Yet she could sense that JR was up to something and she was curious to find out what. So she decided to have a little talk with him before breakfast. Sue Ellen sighed before she knocked on the door. But there was no reply. Maybe he’s already gone down to breakfast. Sue Ellen reflected, as she knew she should walk away. Yet there was something that made her feel drawn to his room. So she opened the door and walked into the room. She called out for him, “JR?”

But there was no reply. All that could be heard was the shower running and Sue Ellen knew that she shouldn’t be here. Yet there was something eerily familiar about the room that pulled her in. Taking a look around her she figured out why that was, because the room looked almost exactly the same as it did when she moved out of there 7 years ago. It was the same brown striped wallpaper, the same chest of drawers and closet. It’s even the same bed, Sue Ellen could feel a chill run down her spine, as she came to that realization. It surprised her, since she would have figured that Cally would have redecorated the room when she was married to JR. Yet she apparently never did as the room still looked the same as when she lived there. All that was missing was her personal possessions.

Sue Ellen was amazed by this and feeling a sense of belonging, she closed the door behind her and walked further inside the room. She took a look in the mirror, her reflection had changed a bit since the last time she was there. But she was still a beautiful woman. She then opened one of his drawers and without really knowing what she was looking for she started going through his things. She found one of his ties that she picked up and started to fiddle around with, as she stood there, taking in her surroundings.

Standing there inside of their old room, the memories washed over her and it made Sue Ellen feel vulnerable. Because out of all the rooms in the house, JR’s bedroom was the one place that made her feel most uncomfortable, as it was within these four walls that most of the battles of her marriage had been fought out. The harsh words, the tears, the anguish and her insecurities, it all came back to her. How he shattered all my hopes and dreams. But she also remembered their laughter, the passion of their love making and the intimacy of being his confidant, the only one who shared his secrets. The only one who really understood him. Sue Ellen could feel a tidal wave of emotions crash over her. It was more than she could handle. So she turned around to leave.

But before she could make it to the door, her gaze fell upon something that made her stop dead in her tracks. Because there on his nightstand was a photo that she recognized too well. Sue Ellen was not sure she could trust what her eyes were telling her. So she walked over to the nightstand to take a closer look and surely enough, her eyes were not deceiving her, because right there on his bedside table was their wedding photo. It was standing next to a photo of John Ross and without thinking Sue Ellen picked up the wedding photo and let her fingers run over it. Looking at their smiling faces, she was so transfixed with the photo and lost in memories that she didn’t notice the door to the bathroom opening behind her.

JR walked into the room. He was pleasantly surprised to notice that he had company, yet he didn’t show it as he said, “Sue Ellen, what are you doing in here?”

His voice startled her, as she could feel her cheeks getting red. Yet she did her best to hold her composure. “JR, I was just…” Sue Ellen stopped mid-sentence, as she turned around to face him. Noticing that he was dressed in a robe and that his hair was still wet from the shower, she licked her lips nervously, as she was involuntarily attracted to him. How the hell did I put myself in this position? Sue Ellen cursed mentally. And more importantly how do I get out of this without falling into his bed?

“You were just what darling?” JR asked, before adding sarcastically. “Because don’t tell me that you got lost on your way down to the breakfast table…”

“No I just wanted to talk to you…”

“Oh?” JR raised an eyebrow, as he took a step closer to her. “Are you sure that’s all you want to do?”

“Of course I’m sure, why do you even ask me that?”

“Oh I don’t know, maybe because you’re in my bedroom, looking at our wedding photo…” JR pointed out to her.

Sue Ellen felt like she’d burnt herself, as she hurried to put the photo back where it belonged. “I’m surprised you still have it!”

“Well of course I still have it. I mean you were my wife…”

“I know, but you were married to Cally after me…”

“Yes and we both know the only reason I married that country girl was because you tricked me into it.”

“Well she was still your wife, so I’m surprised she didn’t change the room…”

“I didn’t want her to,” JR admitted. “She’s never had your touch for interior decoration and I’d rather have a room that feels like home than one full of bad taste. I liked what you did to the place when it was ours.”

Sue Ellen shifted uncomfortably before accepting the compliment, “Well thank you, I guess.”

K

Karin Schill

Noticing the effect he had on her JR seized the opportunity to sweet talk her some more as he went on, “Besides as far as I am concerned you’re the only wife I’ve ever had…” JR told her sincerely, as his hand reached out to cup her face, making her look at him.

Looking into his blue eyes Sue Ellen could feel her heart melt. Yet everything in her mind tried to resist what her heart was telling her, “JR please, don’t go there…”

“What’s the matter darling?” JR asked, as he let his hands slip down to rest on her shoulders. “Can’t you handle hearing the truth?”

“JR, you know that I am married to Don now. So it’s really not appropriate for you and me to be having this conversation…”

“Well that might be, but even though we’re divorced there’s still something between us. You can’t deny that, since I know you feel it too. Otherwise you wouldn’t be here right now…”

She knew he was right. Yet she’d rather be miserable with Don than admit it. So gathering up all the strength she could find inside Sue Ellen finally broke free from his arms, “I’m sorry JR, but you’re wrong. I just came here to talk about John Ross,” Sue Ellen lied.

“Okay so what about John Ross?”

“Um…I…” Sue Ellen walked past him, creating some distance between them as she was heading for the door. She could feel his eyes upon her, watching every move she made. Yet she didn’t stop until she was standing safely at the door. First then she turned around to face him. “I just wanted to tell you that I think you should spend some more time with him. You know he’s been dying to go with you to the office.”

“I know but he’s grounded.”

“True but as his parents we can un-ground him any day we want to. So why don’t you bring him with you to the office today?”

JR shifted uncomfortably before he sighed, “Well I can’t today. I’m working late.”

“Well isn’t that typical. I thought you said you had changed,” Sue Ellen said with a mixture of hurt and sarcasm in her voice. “But deep down you’re still the same old JR always putting your business before family and…”

“Oh come on sugar, don’t be so hard on me!” JR interrupted her. “You know my work is important to me and if I don’t work hard, there won’t be anything left of daddy’s legacy to hand over to John Ross when the time comes…”

“I know but do you really have to work nights?”

“Well some business requires me to work late, you know that?”

“Oh yeah I know too well what kind of business you mean…” Sue Ellen said bitterly. “I’m sure you’re working really hard in the bedroom…”

“I’m not,” JR denied it. “But even if I was, that would be none of your business, we’re divorced remember?”

“I remember.”

“Good, now if you’ll excuse me I need to get dressed for work. So unless you’d want to stay and help me…”

“I don’t,” Sue Ellen hurried to deny it.

“Well if that’s so what are you doing with my tie?”

Sue Ellen blushed, as she’d totally forgotten that she hadn’t put that back. “Oh this?” Sue Ellen smiled sheepishly. “It’s not what it looks like, it was just laying there on your floor and I happened to pick it up…”
“Nice try Sue Ellen, but I don’t buy it,” JR told her. “Because I know you,” he smiled before adding, “Why is it so hard for you to admit that you’ve missed me?”

“Maybe because I haven’t,” Sue Ellen countered, as she threw his tie on the bed.

She could tell by the way JR looked at her that he didn’t believe her. “Oh come on, don’t…”

She didn’t even let him finish the sentence as this so wasn’t a conversation she wanted to have and therefore she hurried to cut it short before he could attack another one of her weak spots, “Anyway if you’ll excuse me I’m really hungry and breakfast is getting cold. So I’ll see you later.”

“Okay I’ll see you later,” JR echoed, as he watched Sue Ellen hurry out of his bedroom. Still watching her go he didn’t feel sad, because she had sought him out in his bedroom this morning and that had to mean something. I know she misses me, whether she’s ready to admit it or not. JR whistled happily to himself, as he picked up the tie from the bed and started to change clothes. Because he just knew that it was only a matter of time before she’d be back.

That's all. I hope you've enjoyed reading this. :)

Take care,
Love:
Karin.

Mrs Bobby James Ewing

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Karin, I love your new JR and Sue Ellen one shot. :) It was so sweet and so romantic. :) You write them both so well. :)

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
So nice to see you writing for my favourite couple. That was amazing, really enjoyed it :)

Jessie

Telly Talk Superstar
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Awesome one shot Karin you should post more because you write for them so well. ❤️

K

Karin Schill

Thank you Sanda, Miss Texas 1967, Honkytonkangel, Sarah, Crazy about SE & JR and Jessie for the feedback on my JR/SE scene. I'm glad that you enjoyed it. :)

Also since some of you asked so nice here's another scene. :)

It was lunch hour in Dallas when JR, Sue Ellen and John Ross walked in through the door at Madison’s restaurant. The guests at the tables in the restaurant were surprised to see them. As they walked towards their reserved table Sue Ellen said to JR, “Well it seems to be working, people are talking about us.”

“I hope you’re right,” JR replied. “But I still don’t get why you had to pick this ladies place to eat. I mean what’s wrong with the oil baron’s?”

“Nothing but since we’re dining there on Friday I figured the more places we are seen at the better,” Sue Ellen smiled. “Besides this restaurant is a favorite with the Daughters of the Alamo crowd, so I think us putting in an appearance here is just what’s needed to start the tongues waggling.”

JR looked around and noticing all the ladies that were pretending not to look at them as they talked in hushed voices he knew that Sue Ellen was right. They then sat down at their table and ordered some lunch.

After they’ve placed their orders John Ross said, “Nice restaurant mom, there sure are a lot of pretty ladies here.”

“Oh so you’ve noticed that haven’t you?” Sue Ellen smiled.

“Yeah I’d have to be blind not to,” John Ross grinned and checked out a younger blond girl having lunch with her mother.

“What about you JR, are you also looking at the ladies?” Sue Ellen asked.

“Why do you ask, are you getting jealous?” JR asked.

“Of course not,” Sue Ellen replied a bit too fast. “I mean as far as I am concerned you can pick up anyone you want as long as you do it when I am not here.”

“Well if that’s the way you really feel then…”

“Oh no, don’t you two start again,” John Ross interrupted them. “Remember you promised me to be on your best behavior?” The way John Ross said that lightened up the mood as both JR and Sue Ellen smiled.

“Seems like our son is keeping us on the right track,” JR smiled.

“He is,” Sue Ellen replied.

“Well I try,” John Ross smiled, when the waitress returned with their drinks.

“So John Ross, are you looking forward to going into the office with me after lunch?”

“I sure am dad,” John Ross grinned. “I can’t wait to see your new office building.”

“Well it’s our old office building actually but still,” JR smiled.

“I can tell you he is very excited, he hasn’t talked about anything else all way here,” Sue Ellen confirmed.

“I am glad to hear that John Ross, because some day the company will be yours and Christopher’s to run and I think it’s about time that you start learning the business.”

“Really do you mean that?”

“Yeah, you’re the right age now,” JR smiled.

“That’s awesome did you hear that mama?”

“Yeah I think it’s good,” Sue Ellen nodded. “As long as you don’t teach John Ross the dirty business tricks you’ve got,” she then added for JR’s benefit.

“What dirty business tricks?” John Ross asked.

“The ones your mama has picked up. I tell you John Ross I’ve taught her every dirty trick she knows,” JR grinned challengingly at Sue Ellen. She just shifted uncomfortably at that.

John Ross looked confused, “You’re joking right?”

“Of course he’s joking,” Sue Ellen hurried to insist, even if she knew he was in fact telling the truth. She had learnt at the feet of the master. By being married to JR she had learnt how to run her business, how to get rid of Mandy Winger, how to steal control over Weststar from JR and how to keep him in check with holding the movie over his head. However since John Ross didn’t need to know about any of that she changed the topic. “So JR what are you planning to teach John Ross this afternoon?”

“Oh not much, I’m just gonna give him the grand tour of the office. You’re welcome to join us if you’d like?”

“Thanks but I think I’ll pass this time,” Sue Ellen replied. “I need to buy a new dress so I have something to wear on Friday night.”

“Oh so you’ve got a hot date or something?” JR asked flirtatiously.

“Or something,” Sue Ellen replied, as she took a sip on her club soda.

John Ross smiled at that before he said, “You know I have been thinking and don’t you think it’s about time that I’ll start practicing driving?”

“You haven’t done that yet?” JR asked.

“No,” John Ross shook his head. “The age limit for that is 17 in England. But the law doesn’t apply here in Texas so…”

“I see,” JR smiled. “You want us to teach you how to drive this summer?”

“Yes,” John Ross nodded. “I mean if I’m gonna go to school here in Dallas this fall I need to learn how to drive or I’ll be the only one without wheels.”

“Well I’ll be happy to teach you how to drive,” JR grinned.

“Great, then you and Mama can take turns teaching me,” John Ross grinned.

“Sure until your Mama’s going back to England,” JR agreed.

“But dad hasn’t she told you, Mama’s not going back to England,” John Ross grinned.

“Oh is that a fact?” JR grinned. “So when was all this decided?”

“Nothing’s been decided yet,” Sue Ellen squashed JR’s hopes. “I just told John Ross this morning that I was thinking about moving back to Texas.”

“Well that’s the best news I’ve had all day,” JR grinned. “I think that deserves a toast.”

“Not so fast, I still need to talk to Don before I make a final decision. So I wouldn’t cork up the champagne just yet if I were you,” Sue Ellen said sarcastically.

“Well whatever you say darling,” JR replied. “Still I’ve got my boy back at Southfork and I’m sorry if I am being inconsiderate of your feelings, but I still think that alone is worth a toast,” JR smiled, as he put his arm on John Ross’ shoulder and gave it a little pat. John Ross smiled happily at the attention and Sue Ellen couldn’t help but feel her heart melt when she saw father and son together. For a moment she wished that things could always be like this, because being out with her family she felt a sense of unity that she never felt when she was with Don. Because even if she loved Don deep down in her heart she knew that she was only with him because JR threw them away…

Miss Texas 1967

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I didn't get a notification :(

Nice update :)

Is this taking place at a specific point in the show's timeline?

K

Karin Schill

Thank you for the feedback Crazy about SE & JR and Miss Texas 1967. :)

Is this taking place at a specific point in the show's timeline?

Actually yes. The scenes takes place in 1995.
The reason for it is because these scenes are not really a one-shot story but belong to a much bigger story that I have been co-writing together with my sister Jenny since 1994. We originally wrote it by hand in Swedish. In between 1994 to 2014 we wrote 100 episodes and it was a joint effort. I would love to share the whole story with you all in another thread. But I need my sister's permission for that and I doubt she'd agree. :(

The two scenes I posted here however belongs to the new scenes that I have written by myself, after we started updating our story back in 2013 and adding new scenes and making changes while typing the story into the computer and translating it to English. We still write most of it together but occasionally we do separate scenes for the characters too. I tend to write mostly for JR/SE and Bobby/Pam while she writes more for Lucy/Mitch and Charlie/Brian.

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
Karin, I´d tell you I´m pleasantly surprised by your writing skills, but I´d be lying: anything you do, you do it so well! (not paraphrasing the Bryan Adams song). You make wonderful videos, you are a good fanfic writer, you even directed a movie!
:girl:​

You have captured the essence of the characters beautifully in your stories, so rich in detail. You even got the physical mannierisms of Linda Gray as Sue Ellen, I just could see her in my mind with the tie in her hands, and all the rest...That´s a true gift! You are so observant that it seems as if you had "directed" the scenes in your mind, the way you describe them. I love that, it´s what I ask for when I read a novel or a fanfic. And the way they express themselves is true to the characters too, without becoming a parody (which is a risk that some of us take sometimes, when you write for a lot of characters at the same time...). So this means I give you an "oustanding" with special honors...

upload_2016-10-12_17-25-8.jpeg

Actually, I´m not fond of reading Dallas-related fanfics because I don´t want to take somebody else´s ideas when I myself write them (subconscient is so tricky!). Besides, to be honest I end up thinking they are so much better than mine! But I did read a few when I started to suf on the net in the beginning of the Millennium (!).

I can remember "Dallas Reborn", "Return to Dallas", and others, aside from the "Knots Landing" one that was posted here until the "big crash"...

We want more from the best!! :fantastic:

K

Karin Schill

Thank you so much for your very detailed feedback Toni and all the nice things you said about me. It's much appreciated. :)
Still there are a lot of talented writers on this board. You would know that if you'd ever read their stories. But yes I do understand your reasons for not reading them. When I was younger the first Dallas fanfic I read was "The Return to Southfork". I loved that story. Yet I don't think it ever influenced my own story as it was set a few years earlier when John Ross and Christopher were still teenagers which makes it different from the get go compared to RTS that took off after "War of the Ewings" when the boys were already grown ups and out of college.

Oh, please, talk to your sister!!! Tell her that everyone here is loving this story!!! :(

Thank you. You'll be happy to hear that I have talked to my sister and we've finally come to an agreement. She's reluctantly agreed to let me post the story here as long as it's not reposted anywhere. It will be exclusive to this board. So this means that our story will start being posted here shortly in a new thread. :)

So I won't post any more in this thread unless I've written an actual one-shot.

But if any of you have an old one shot story saved somewhere please do share it with us in this thread. :)

That's all for now,

Take care,
Love:
Karin.

Crazy about SE and JR

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Thank you so much for your very detailed feedback Toni and all the nice things you said about me. It's much appreciated. :)
Still there are a lot of talented writers on this board. You would know that if you'd ever read their stories. But yes I do understand your reasons for not reading them. When I was younger the first Dallas fanfic I read was "The Return to Southfork". I loved that story. Yet I don't think it ever influenced my own story as it was set a few years earlier when John Ross and Christopher were still teenagers which makes it different from the get go compared to RTS that took off after "War of the Ewings" when the boys were already grown ups and out of college.

Thank you. You'll be happy to hear that I have talked to my sister and we've finally come to an agreement. She's reluctantly agreed to let me post the story here as long as it's not reposted anywhere. It will be exclusive to this board. So this means that our story will start being posted here shortly in a new thread. :)

So I won't post any more in this thread unless I've written an actual one-shot.

But if any of you have an old one shot story saved somewhere please do share it with us in this thread. :)

That's all for now,

Take care,
Love:
Karin.
Oh, that's awesome!!! I'm so happy!!! Can't wait to read it!!! Thanks to you both :spinning:

zephiey

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Title: iPod Challenge (Repost)
Author: zephiey
Rating: FRM (just to be safe)
Category: Challenge
Disclaimer: Dallas and its characters are the property of CBS, Larry Katzman and Warner Bros Studios. No infringement intended from this work of fiction.
Summary: Put your iPod on shuffle and write ten drabbles in answer to each song.

1.) Come Early Morning –Waylon Jennings

“And I've been tempted, tried and troubled/ Come early morning I'll be home and satisfied…”

J.R. looked out the window of the Ewing jet as it flew through the night sky. He had spent three weeks flying around the world, inspecting various Ewing holdings.

Three weeks of meetings, conferences and dinner parties, all of which left him bored and intent on returning home as soon as possible. Even the numerous beautiful women who paraded through the parties did nothing for him. Women, who just a year ago would tempt him, now bored him. He shook his head, chuckling at the changes in his life. There was only one woman who tempted John Ross Ewing, Junior now and that woman was his wife, Sue Ellen.

She was vivacious, spirited, feisty, scintillating, desirable and incredibly sexy. She was everything he desired and wanted. And when he arrived home in the early morning, she would make his homecoming satisfying.

2.) Rodeo- Garth Brooks

“You know the woman wants her cowboy/ Like he wants his rodeo…”

Sue Ellen watched silently as Dusty packed his bag. She knew it was just a matter of time before the pull overcame him and he would leave. She had seen it in his eyes. He was addicted to the excitement, the need to hear the roar of the crowd, and she knew nothing she said or did could compete with the pull of his true love.

She had foolishly thought she would be enough for him.

That he was different from J.R.

She had been wrong.

Both men were the same.

While J.R. chased the next big deal and conquest, more often than not succeeding in capturing it, before returning to her, Dusty chose to chase something more elusive. He chased a dream that would consume him. He chased the dream of the rodeo and Sue Ellen knew it would keep him from her for the rest of his life.

3.) Witchy Woman – Eagles

“She can rock you in the night-time/’til your skin turns red…”

J.R. sipped his bourbon and watched Sue Ellen as she moved around the room. Every movement she made was graceful, elegant and he was memorized.

He knew he wasn’t the only one.

He saw the raw desire and lust on every man’s face as she passed by and he knew with just a crook of her finger she could have any man here as a lover, a fact that scared him to his soul. He knew one mistake would cost him her and he was too deep under her spell to be able to handle losing her.

4.) Meet You At The Moon- Imelda May

“I don’t know if you know but when we miss each other so/ look up I’ll meet you at the moon…”

J.R. stared at the moon as it illuminated Southfork in its ghostly light.

He wondered if she missed him.

Or was she enjoying her new life in London?

Did she wonder what he was doing, as he did with her?

Did she look at his picture, as he did hers?

Did she pick up the phone to call him only to place it back on its cradle, as he did?

Did she stare at the stars and wonder about him?

Did she know he would meet her at the moon?

5.) Don’t Cry Daddy- Elvis Presley

“Together we'll find a brand new mommy/ Daddy, daddy, please laugh again/ Daddy ride us on your back again/ Oh, daddy, please don't cry…”

Bobby traced her face in the picture as tears filled his eyes. He would give anything to have her back- anything to hold her once more, to feel her body next to his, to breathe in her scent and hear her voice.

The sounds of running feet alerted him to his son’s arrival and he quickly placed the photo back up on the mantle and wiped the tears from his eyes. He didn’t need Chris to see him cry again.

6.) I Get Off- Halestorm

“So much left unspoken between the two of us/ It's so much more exciting to look when you can touch…”

Sue Ellen undressed slowly. She could feel his gaze. She could sense his lust and desire as she removed each article of clothing. She hadn’t expected to enjoy him watching her. She revelled in the power she held over this man.

Completely naked, her skin covered in goosebumps; she climbed into the bed, lying back against the pillows. Slowly she began to caress herself, nervously trailing her hands over her body, touching herself in places he touched, sighing softly at the sensations her caresses were evoking. Becoming surer, her fingers drew moans, sighs and gasps, filling the room with sounds of her desire drawing him to her like a moth to a flame.

Hours passed as the two lovers sated themselves. Completely spent, Sue Ellen curled into J.R.’s body before drifting to sleep, smiling in satisfaction.

7.) Knock 123- Imelda May

“I see you move across the room/ I can't keep still, you're my thrill/ Can't you see, you belong to me…”

Sly knocked three times on J.R.’s office door before entering. Walking across the floor, she smiled at the look of appreciation that crossed J.R’s face. It made her feel good that this powerful man found her as attractive as she did him. And while she knew, they would never explore the powerful attraction they held for each other it didn’t matter.

She was his and he was hers.

Their loyalty was absolute, their secrets safe.

In this business, loyalty was more powerful than love.

8.) Let’s Get it On- Marvin Gaye

font-family:"Times New Roman","serif"" lang="EN-GB">There's nothing wrong with me/ Loving you, baby no no/ And giving yourself to me can never be wrong/ If the love is true…”

Ellie moved into Clayton’s arms. She missed the feel of a man’s arms around her, of a man’s body close to hers.

Her hands shook as she caressed Clayton’s chest. Ellie gasped at the feel of his strong warm hands on the skin of her back. Clayton captured her lips in a passionate kiss before he lifted her up into his arms carrying her to bed. A soft sigh escaped her lips as he laid her down his body coming to rest on her, his arousal nestled between their bodies. As they began to make slow gentle love Ellie thanked heaven above for her second chance at love.

9.) This Cowboy’s Hat- Chris Ledoux

“Now partner, this ole hat is better left alone/ She used to be my daddy's, but last year he passed on…”

J.R. picked up the hat and looked at it. It was old and worn. It had seen better days. The hatband was faded and there was a small hole in the side of the hat from a hatpin that had rested there. The brim flopped low and curled forward, testament to the time it spent out in the weather.

J.R. traced the brim lovingly before he raised it up and placed the hat squarely on his head. He looked in the mirror.

The hat fit perfect.

J.R. tipped the hat low over his eyes and with a nod to himself turned, heading out to the Bar-b-que, his father’s legacy alive and well.

10.) I Don’t Feel Like Loving You Today- Gretchen Wilson

“Even though we make it hard sometimes. / I’ll wind up forgiving you and probably loving you/
For the rest of my life…”

“Just give me some time to come to terms with this…please J.R. just give me some time,” pleaded Sue Ellen.

“Why? Why do you need time?” demanded J.R. He didn’t understand why she would need time. She had said she would come back, that she forgave him, and that she loved him. Now she was saying she needed time! J.R. grabbed her arm, jerking her around. “Why?” he demanded again.

“Because I just do J.R.!” yelled Sue Ellen, yanking her arm out of his grasp.

“That’s not a good enough reason,” growled J.R., his temper rising.

“It has to be,” Sue Ellen said desperately.

“It’s not,” J.R. bellowed. “Now tell me the real reason you don’t want to come home with me today,” he demanded, grabbing her once again.

“Because I don’t feel like loving you today,” Sue Ellen whispered tearfully.

The End

zephiey

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Title: 50 Word Challenge (Repost)
Rating: FRM (just to be safe)
Category: Challenge
Disclaimer: Dallas and its characters are the property of CBS, Larry Katzman and Warner Bros Studios. No infringement intended from this work of fiction.
Summary: Fifty words + a few sentences = creativity. Some of these are related and some are stand-alone. You will be able to tell which is which.

Placate- Words. He was good with words. He used them in so many ways- to argue, to placate, to comfort, and to seduce. John Ross Ewing, Junior fit the description of a silver-tongued devil to a tee.

Kiss- Sue Ellen nibbled softly on J.R.’s upper lip then his lower lip before she bit his lower lip gently and pulled away. Not giving him any time to recover she covered his mouth with a hot, wet kiss that left little doubt of her plans for the afternoon and well into the evening.

Soft- J.R. trailed his finger slowly over the soft skin of his son’s cheek. It still amazed him that this little boy, this small beautiful miracle was his.

Pain- J.R. flinched in mock pain as he watched Sue Ellen slap Cliff Barnes. He had been on the receiving end of her slaps a few times and knew without a doubt Barnes would be sporting a bruise tomorrow. It served the weasel right. Even he knew not to tell a pregnant woman she looked fat.

Affair- Sue Ellen decided she was going to have an affair. Being the logical person she was she made a list of prospective lovers. Beside each man’s name, she listed the pros and cons of him as a lover. When more cons than pros showed up she crossed the name off the list until she was left with only one. The choice was astonishing and surprising; her choice of lover was one J.R. Ewing. She was going to have an affair with her husband.

Rain- J.R. grabbed Sue Ellen’s hand and pulled her out into the rain, laughing at the look she gave him before pulling her into his arms and kissing her. He loved the rain, but he loved it more when it mixed with his wife.

Chocolate- One thing Bobby could count on was J.R.’s sweet tooth. He always had some sort of candy or chocolate tucked away. Now if Bobby could just figure out where he stashed it he could satisfy his sweet craving. Bobby walked back over to the desk to search it again.

Happiness- Kristin watched her perfect sister and her loving husband. She hated them! Hated them both! She didn’t care what it took or what it cost she would find a way to ruin their happiness, she swore she would.

Telephone- Ellie slowly replaced the telephone receiver, unable to believe what Punk had told her. He said Jock was dead but he couldn’t be. He couldn’t be! She would feel it in her soul…feel it in her heart…she would know if he was dead. Wouldn’t she?

Ears- “Little ears,” warned Sue Ellen. J.R. looked over at his son. He was playing with his cars on the floor of the den, but also listening to what his parents were discussing. Nodding his head, J.R. leaned in close to Sue Ellen whispering their itinerary for their Disney vacation.

Name- He was called by many names. Son…brother…husband…oil baron...tycoon….but his favourite name was the one he was called at the end of the day. His favourite name was Daddy.

Sensual- Mandy Winger was packaged nicely. She was beautiful, stunningly sexy and her touch was soft and sensual. She was everything a woman should be. J.R., like every other man in the room should be enamoured and intrigued but he wasn’t. He was more interested in the auburn haired woman in his arms. He was more interested in his wife.

Death- John Ross Ewing III finished his eulogy and stepped away from the podium. He walked down the three steps and stood before the open casket of his father before turning away and walking back to his seat. He sat back down and immediately took his mother’s hand in his left one and his wife’s hand in his right. He watched his oldest son, John Ross Ewing IV walk up to being his eulogy. As he sat there listening to his son speak of his grandfather, John Ross suddenly realized that even in death, John Ross Ewing, Junior was bigger than life.

Sex- The message read ’12:30, Hyatt Regency’ She climbed into her Mercedes, and backed out of her parking space at Valentine’s. She was on her way to meet her husband for a good lunch and great sex, but not necessarily in that order.

Touch- Sue Ellen shivered as she remembered his touch in the gym. It was firm, sensual, erotic and hot.

Weakness- It was her weakness and her addiction.

Tears - Sue Ellen could feel the tears forming as she realized the ramifications of her actions today in the gym.

Blood- He was in her blood again. God help her, she didn’t know if she could survive him.

Speed- Speed was Pam’s addiction. It had always been her addiction.

Wind- She loved the feel of the wind in her hair.

Freedom- The freedom of the open road.

Life- This was what life was all about. This was what she enjoyed.

Jealousy- Jealousy was something J.R. Ewing rarely admitted to but watching Sue Ellen with Jerry Kenderson, he admitted he was a bit jealous. If someone asked him why he was jealous of the good doctor, his answer would be simple. Kenderson made Sue Ellen smile.

Hands- Jock’s hands had always fascinated Miss Ellie. They were so large and strong but could be gentle and tender, a bit like the man himself.

Taste- J.R. grimaced at the taste of the medicine. It even hurt to swallow.

“That bad Daddy?” asked John Ross. J.R nodded his head yes, lying back on his pillows.

“Mama said the doctor will be here in about an hour. Will you be okay ‘til then?” John Ross asked worriedly. At J.R.’s nod of yes John Ross continued. “Okay, I’ll see ya after school Daddy, love ya.” J.R. mouthed he loved him too before closing his eyes and drifting back to sleep.

Devotion- J.R.’s lips moved in silent devotion as he sat at the bedside of his wife of forty years. He hadn’t moved from her side since her admission, three days ago unconscious and non-responsive. The doctor’s had said she was in a coma and that she would most likely slip away peacefully without ever regaining consciousness. But he knew better. He knew his Sue Ellen, the woman he loved would wake once more, and she had promised him a final ‘I love you’.

Forever- The days seemed to fly by but the nights lasted forever or so it seemed to J.R. It was three months since he had buried his Sue Ellen. After almost five days in the hospital she had woke much to the amazement of the doctors. They had been in a frenzy wanting to run numerous tests to discover the why and what of her condition. A single look from her had J.R. ordering everyone out. Once everyone left he leaned close to her, her hand in his and his cheek next to hers.

Sickness- He listened quietly as she softly whispered to him, her sickness robbing her voice of its normal vibrancy. When she finally finished speaking, he sat back and simply held her hand as she rested. Thirty minutes later John Ross arrived and once again, Sue Ellen began to speak but this time to her son as he laid his head next to hers.

Melody- The melody of her words flowed over John Ross as he listened to his mother. His tears soaked the pillow beneath him as she whispered her love to her only child. When she finished speaking, she softly kissed his forehead and closed her eyes exhausted.

Home- It was hours later when every member of the Ewing clan finally made it home to Southfork. Solemnly they paraded into the house, each one tired and heartbroken. They had lost the woman who for the past forty years had filled Southfork with love and laughter. They had lost their matriarch and no one was sure what would happen now.

Confusion- J.R. took his regular chair, not in the least surprised when his youngest great-grandchild climbed into his lap and lay her head on his shoulder. “Pappy, is Gran in heaven now?” Caitlyn asked softly.

“Yes, sweetheart, Gran is in heaven now,” answered J.R. softly.

“Pappy?” said Caitlyn.

“Yes, sweetheart?”

“If Gran is in heaven, who's gonna to keep you out of trouble?” ask Caitlyn in confusion. “Gran always said you would get into trouble is she wasn’t here.”

Fear- J.R. began to laugh at his great-granddaughter’s question. His laughter began softly at first then increased in volume until he was laughing heartily. He tried to stop but the looks on his family’s faces, everything from sheer disbelief to outright fear that his grief had robbed him of his mind fed his laughter until finally; gasping for breath he managed to regain some control.

Smile- Pulling his handkerchief from his inside jacket pocket J.R. wiped the tears from his eyes. Squeezing Caitlyn tightly he looked at her and said, “Well, darlin’ your Gran was right. I’m bound to get into some kind of trouble without her here to keep me in line.” J.R. glanced over at John Ross and grinned, “Your Granddad over there is probably scared to death about that. Do you know someone who might be able to help keep me out of trouble?” he asked.

“Yep,” replied Caitlyn, the smile on her face warming his heart.

Bond- “Oh who might that be?” asked J.R.

“Me,” replied Caitlyn. “Gran always said she and I had a bond so I figure I’m the best one for the job.”

Thunder- The laughter that greeted Caitlyn’s statement was as loud as thunder and everyone knew even though Sue Ellen Ewing was gone her legacy and love would live on.

Market- The outdoor market was crowded. Even with her list, Sue Ellen knew it was going to take her longer than usual to do her shopping. She had discovered her love of market shopping when she lived in London. She had spent hours in the various open-air markets even getting up at 4 AM to go to the New Covent Garden Market. Since moving back to Dallas, she continued her love of market shopping enjoying the unique variety available to her.

Technology- A quick peek at her cell phone told her it was already 9 AM and she knew it would take her at least another two hours to finish her shopping at the Dallas Farmer’s Market. As she passed by a stand featuring various melons a perverse idea popped into her head. Moving two melons into a risqué position, she snapped a quick picture of them before opting to send a picture mail. The text of the picture mail read ‘wanna come play with my melons?’ and she hit send. “Gotta love technology,’ she giggled.

Gifted- J.R.’s phone rang alerting him he had a picture mail. Wondering who would be sending him a picture mail at 9 AM on a Thursday morning he retrieved the message, laughing as he read the text and looked at the picture. “That woman is nuts,” he said to himself as he typed out his reply. It read, ‘Love melons…should I come help pick them out? You know how gifted I am at choosing just the right ones…’

Innocence- Nothing could convince her of his innocence. She had seen him with her own eyes. How could he stand there and tell her nothing happened? Did he think she was stupid or naïve? No matter what Bobby said, no matter how much he protested Pam knew he had slept with Jenna Wade. Now Pam had to figure out what she was going to do.

Completed- The agreement was finally completed. After ten days of negotiations, of nitpicking over every little thing the union had finally agreed to a new labour agreement. Now all J.R. and Bobby Ewing wanted to do was pack their bags and get the hell out of Dodge or in this case Mobile, Alabama.

Clouds-
Neither man lost any time in packing. They checked out and boarded the Ewing jet in record time. Neither spoke as they waited for takeoff. They were too exhausted for pleasantries. It would take them a bit more than an hour to fly home. Not enough time to do anything but stare at the clouds outside.

Air- Once in the air, and levelled off, J.R. walked back to the small shower located in the rear of the jet. He hadn’t taken the time to shower before leaving the hotel. He didn’t want to waste time in doing so and had decided to wait until they were airborne before cleaning up.

Heaven- Stripping quickly he stepped into the small shower enclosure and sighed in relief. The water felt like heaven and he quickly scrubbed the remains of Mobile from his skin. He washed quickly knowing Bobby probably wanted to freshen up before they landed in Dallas. Finished, J.R. stepped out of the shower, wrapped a towel around his waist and stepped out and across the hall to the small washroom.

Hell- Shaved, brushed and dressed J.R. made his way back to the front of the plane. “Shower’s free,” said J.R. to Bobby. “Might want to wash off the trip from hell before we get home,” he added.

“Good idea,” said Bobby standing and making his way to the back to shower.

Sun- They landed as the sun was setting. Climbing into the limo the two brothers sat back to enjoy the quiet ride home to Southfork.

Moon- Forty-five minutes later, they stepped out of the limo to a rising half moon and home. J.R. retrieved his garment bag, slung it over his shoulder and walked into the house, Bobby following right behind him.

Waves- Both men walked up the stairs to their respective rooms, their exhaustion coming off them in waves. Reaching his bedroom door J.R. opened it walking through and dropping his garment bag on the bed.

Hair- “How did it go?” Sue Ellen asked softly walking over to J.R. J.R. gathered her into a hug, burying his face in her hair. “It went,” he murmured holding her tightly, breathing in the scent of her perfume mixed with her shampoo. “God, I’m tired,” he said.

Ocean- Sue Ellen pulled back and looked into J.R.s’ eyes. They were as dark blue as the ocean depths and she could read the exhaustion in them. Reaching up she gently undid his tie. “Come on, let’s get you to bed. I’ll bring up dinner for both of us,” she said. “Then after you’ve eaten you, John Ross and I can watch a movie in bed. How does that sound?” she asked.

Perfect- “Sounds perfect,” replied J.R.

The End

zephiey

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Title: Heaven and Hell (Repost)
Rating: FRE
Disclaimer: Dallas and its characters are the property of CBS, Larry Katzman and Warner Bros Studios. No infringement is intended from this work of fiction.
Summary: Hell needs Heaven’s help.

Heaven and Hell

"Well, this is a surprise," Michael said, standing to greet his unexpected visitor.

"Whatever," grumbled Lucifer as he sat down in the chair Michael indicated. Michael resumed his seat behind his desk, sat back and waited.

"You need to do something about him," Lucifer said after several minutes of silence. Michael's eyebrows rose in surprise.

"Excuse me....isn't he part of your domain now?" asked Michael.

"Yes, he is but...you have to help me! Everything I've done to him...everywhere I've put him... he either endures it or finds a way out. Dammit Mike! I've run out of ideas," Lucifer declared reluctantly. Michael was surprised at Lucifer's declaration. In all the millenniums he had been dealing with his counterpart he had never heard him sound so exasperated and...if he had to name it...tired.

"Tell me what is going on?" Michael said. As Lucifer spoke Michael's eyebrows rose until he was sure they now resided somewhere on the back of his head.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Do you think this will work?" Lucifer whispered to Michael as they watched the man-demon pace back and forth in the garden.

"Hell, I don't know Luc. But it can't hurt," Michael whispered in return. "I've about run out of ideas. You didn't tell me he was THAT bad!" exclaimed Michael as they waited.

Lucifer bit back the retort on his lips. Did Mike actually think when Hell asked for Heaven's help it wasn't THAT bad? THAT didn't even cover how universally bad it was!

"What's taking her so long?" Lucifer asked, getting impatient with waiting. He hated waiting!

"She'll be here," answered Michael. Placing a calming hand Lucifer's arm.

Michael saw the shimmering light just beginning to coalesce near the large oak tree. "There she is," Michael said.

Lucifer looked over at the coalescing light and hissed as it formed. "Damm!"

"You didn't know what she looked like?" asked Michael. She was beyond beautiful. He has seen millions of souls in his existence. Each one was beautiful but hers was beyond description. She was perhaps the most stunning creation he had ever witnessed.

"Nyuh huh..," Lucifer answered, in awe as he watched her race to his demon. She was beautiful, this angel Sue Ellen and he now understood JR, his demon's actions. The two arch-beings watched the two embrace and kiss for a brief time, their names filling the air with love and promise before disappearing and reappearing back in Michael's office.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"So we're in agreement?" Michael asked.

"Yes," replied Lucifer. "The grove is theirs. None of mine shall trespass."

"Nor any of His," said Michael.

"Good...good," said Lucifer. "Now that that small problem is taken care of what do you say to some lunch?" asked Lucifer.

"Where did you have in mind?"

"Well, there is this little place on the outskirts of Rome that serves a prosciutto pasta dish that would make an angel weep."

"That good, huh?" said Michael

"Would I lie to you?" replied Lucifer.

Michael didn't answer just raised an eyebrow in response before exchanging his heavenly attire for a nice Armani suit.

The End

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
@zephiey these are just outstanding. Thank you so much. I especially loved the JR and Sue Ellen ones but also really enjoyed the others with Sly, Miss Ellie, Pam and Bobby. I'm so intrigued by the Lucifer and Michael one - who are they?