• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Other Forums?

Hawkman

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Vanishing Point
I post on IMDF among others, uses same software as this forum. More for chat about cult tv, but plenty of topics to choose from . Not for soap fans though. It has seen better days, but might be worth a look.

Pamela_E

administrator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I think the proof of the pudding is in the eating. Decrying other forums, or saying how wonderful this one is, appears to be a bit odd given the fact that there is hardly any activity on this forum except for comments about a couple of US soaps that finished over 30 years ago.

I only really post on the Lounge forum and I have tried my best to bring a bit of humour to proceedings but hardly anyone ever replies or wants to join in. There is nothing wrong with that as it is the choice of each person what they post - however, if you want to get a flavour of the vibrancy of the Lounge forum, have a look at the first page of threads. It contains :

What did you have for lunch today

Tea and coffee - do you take sugar

What did you have for dinner today

But maybe what you see as a negative is the positive other people see. I assume you are in the UK, and this forum is like a UK soap. It will never see the glory years again of its early days, but you can leave for 15 years and pop back and still see familiar faces. That's what makes it rather unique. If you left and came back in 10 years there would still be people that remembered you. I think that's kind of nice.

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I wouldn't say that tellytalk is just "some comments on old US soaps".
There are lots of elaborate and interesting discussions about cult shows, detectives, UK drama past and present, British sitcoms, contemporary American drama, Australian soap, etc etc.
Not to mention the movie and music forums.

The Lounge is for "whatever pops into your head" but it's never been the meatiest part of the forum (except for the meat in the What Did You Have For Dinner thread).
The number of regular posters is not what it used to be - but were the discussions of old soapchat really that much better, simply because there were more members involved? (and some great TV series didn't even exist back then).

"Hardly any activity"...compared to what? This isn't youtube, every new topic comes from the forum members. So, yeah, it won't have 10 billion views every day.

Mo Mouse

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
But maybe what you see as a negative is the positive other people see. I assume you are in the UK, and this forum is like a UK soap. It will never see the glory years again of its early days, but you can leave for 15 years and pop back and still see familiar faces. That's what makes it rather unique. If you left and came back in 10 years there would still be people that remembered you. I think that's kind of nice.
Yes, absolutely. Like I said, I only really post on the Lounge stuff so I'm not dismissing the forum as a whole and there are some lovely people on here. No doubt about that.

Luke_Krebbs_Ewing

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy
I'm on the Gallifrey Base forum.

It's a Doctor Who forum. I'm Via_The_Void on there as well. :)