Telly Talk Superstar
- Reaction score
- Member Since
- I dunno
Starring...Brianna, Jill, Valeria and Naomi once appeared as the "Nasty Bitches" in the 1990s. Together, the four of them not only turned the world of hip-hop upside down, but also achieved legendary status through their music. The four women are now in their forties, unworldly and largely estranged. By reuniting the four, there is now a chance to return to old fame and vigor. But will the former megastars, also known as Professor Sex, Butter Pecan, Da Thrill and Xplicit Lyrics, manage to achieve this ambitious goal?
- Brandy as Naomi "Xplicit Lyrics": The highly skilled musical engine of the Nasty Bitches. A true artist with boundless musical talent. Naomi was sure she'd go on to mainstream success after the group's demise. She hasn't, singing and playing her guitar in crappy dive bars where all people want is her old persona. When the group gets back together, Naomi is reunited with the only man she ever loved, and the rival bandmate who stole that man from her. Naomi wants nothing more but to build a relationship with the daughter she was never really there for.
- Naturi Naughton as Jill "Da Thrill": Jill is a founding member of the Nasty Bitches. The group she formed with her high school friends. Da Thrill lived fast, had rugged rhymes and a troubling drug habit. Today, Jill couldn't be more put together. She's a devout Catholic living a quiet life in Montana with her husband. But everything isn't as idyllic as it seems. Jill is haunted by past secrets.
- Eve as Brianna "Professor Sex": Brianna used to rap about money, sex and her all-around glamorous lifestyle. Today, Brianna is a proud wife and mother of five. Brianna loves her life. The Nasty Bitches are a distant, distant memory. When an opportunity arises for the group to reunite, Brianna will grapple with whether or not she still has the swagger and confidence that made her an icon decades ago.
- Nadine Velazquez as Valeria "Butter Pecan": Valeria is a Puerto Rican rapper and also a member of the Nasty Bitches. She wasn't an original member. She was added by the groups’ manager, Eric Jones. Valeria quickly became the face of the group, ruffling the other members’ feathers along the way. Valeria is an ambitious and ruthless hustler with cunning charm born out of a difficult childhood. When we catch up with her twenty years later, she's the only member of the group still in the limelight. Valeria hosts The Shade — America's top-rated morning talk show. Valeria has no reason to reunite with the group when the opportunity arises. However, when her blind ambition trips her up, Valeria considers turning back to the only family she's ever had: the Nasty Bitches.
- Taylor Sele as Eric Jones: Manager of the group, Eric Jones, struck gold when the Nasty Bitches reached the pinnacle of hip-hop. A Queens hustler through and through, Eric is always looking for how to secure his next bag, and he's really good at it. A handsome playboy with a magnetic smile, Eric's dalliances with women were partly to blame for the Nasty Bitches’ break up. Today, Eric remains one of the top music managers in the business, representing hip-hop's current “it girl,” Lil Muffin. But Eric is in the throes of mid-life crisis as he takes stock of his life, past mistakes and the woman that got away. Driven by nostalgia, Eric sets the wheels in motion for the Nasty Bitches’ reunion.
- Pepi Sonuga as Lauren "Lil Muffin" Rice: A sweet young woman from Atlanta, she's better known as Lil Muffin, a brash, colorful emcee. Ever since her debut record, Candy Cane, dropped she's been on a nonstop rocket ship to superstardom. She is hip-hop's it girl with legions of fans, piles of cash, wild style and access to everything under the sun. Lauren doesn't have control of her career and her image, which is being masterminded by a cadre of men who care more about keeping the gravy train rolling than her well-being. The pressure of fame is taking its toll. Lauren unexpectedly finds the support she needs and the sisterhood she craves when she links up with the Nasty Bitches.
They've released a song from Nasty Bitches to promote the show - it's very 90s and takes you back: