8 = 3
9 = 5
10 = 3
11 = 5
12 = 2
13 = 3
14 = 3

BTTCDS = 2

It's an average, of course. Every season has episodes that I'd rate 5/5.
Good that Willie Oleson gave season 11 a 5. A lot of fans did not like it. It is underated.

Caproni

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I think KNOTS was at its peak from seasons four to six. I liked to tail end of the third season, especially all the drama and anticipation surrounding the Val/Gary/Abby love triangle. The episode where Val finds Gary and Abby together and she leaves the cul-de-sac in that red dress is KNOTS at some of its finest.

To me KNOTS really gets going in high gear in season four. Ciji is introduced, Karen is gradually getting over Sid, Mack comes in, and there's the whole Chip story line. I think the 'Ciji story', as Michael Filerman called it, worked really well for KNOTS. It's one of the more noteworthy story-arcs of the show's fourteen-season duration. When I first asked my parents about KNOTS (considering I'm too young to have watched it originally), they both instantly remembered the Ciji plot and how Lisa Hartman left the show and was brought back (ironically neither of them remembered how she was brought back or who she played).

Season five was a solid season, and I liked how Greg was brought on. I never doubted that he wasn't going to stay for the long run. The sixth season was KNOTS at its pinnacle. The whole drama around Val and Gary's twins being stolen is KNOTS at its finest. I cannot express enough how I enjoyed that season. The way they have Val deal with multiple personality disorder as a result of the trauma was classic. The entire scene of Val 'reinventing' herself in front of a motel mirror as a waitress called Verna Ellers was superb. That's probably the best KNOTS ever was in my opinion.

The start of season seven -- immediately after Val's babies are returned -- the show started limping. It just felt 'different' and I really cannot pinpoint what that 'difference' was. It just didn't gel the same, even though there was still good stuff that came after that shift.​

Knots Landing Fan Forever

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Favourite Movie
Sound of Music
1: 4
2: 3
3: 2
4: 5
5: 5
6: 5
7: 4
8: 3
9: 4
10: 3
11: 2
12: 3
13: 2
14: 3
1: 4
2: 3
3: 2
4: 5
5: 5
6: 5
7: 4
8: 3
9: 4
10: 3
11: 2
12: 3
13: 2
14: 3
Do not agree with Billy Nolan about season 3. It was excellent. And season 11 is underrated. And the last 7 episodes of season 13 were great.

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Hero
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
As much as I loved Knots Landing, I hated Dallas and Falcon Crest. Does anyone agree?
Well, based on my nickname I definitely can’t agree with the Dallas part of that statement LOL.

The truth is I never saw one episode of Knots during its entire run. It wasn’t until recent years that I starting becoming a fan of the show. And now I wish I had watched it when it was on. It was a great show as well.

Daniel Avery

Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Titanic 2: The Revenge
Though I recall very little of it, I remember looking forward to Falcon Crest every week. I have a feeling if I were to see it in reruns somewhere, all those memories would start flooding back. I was lucky enough to see KL in reruns several times so the series is much more ingrained in my memory.

cijimccashin

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Good to see cijimcashin give high ratings to season 8 which most fans did not like and season 12 one of the post- Abby seasons.
Yes both are very slept on seasons.

As much as I loved Knots Landing, I hated Dallas and Falcon Crest. Does anyone agree?
I loved the first half of dallas but it becomes very sleepy after dream season, and i still haven't got into falcon crest. I been struggling to get through season 2 for years.

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Hero
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I loved the first half of dallas but it becomes very sleepy after dream season,
I actually agree with this. Season 10 DVD, the post dream season, is really hit or miss for me. There are things I really like about that season but then it gets a little boring at times as well. And after that it gets much worse the final four years.