Rewatching Central Park West

Carrie Fairchild

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
To add, I'm sure CPW also aired in weeknight primetime and was repeated on Saturday afternoon on Sky from seeing schedules (could be wrong).
According to this promo, it aired Mondays at 8pm. I didn't know about the weekend rerun but it makes sense that Sky were trying to give it a lot of exposure considering how big 90210 and MP were for them around that time. I do however remember a few of those short-lived 90's soaps (Pacific Palisades, CPW, Malibu Shores) getting a late night rerun on Saturday nights in the late 90's / early 00's.

AndyB2008

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Titanic
According to this promo, it aired Mondays at 8pm. I didn't know about the weekend rerun but it makes sense that Sky were trying to give it a lot of exposure considering how big 90210 and MP were for them around that time. I do however remember a few of those short-lived 90's soaps (Pacific Palisades, CPW, Malibu Shores) getting a late night rerun on Saturday nights in the late 90's / early 00's.

Thanks for that.

I'm surprised Channel 5 never picked up Malibu Shores for a repeat, given 2 of the stars were in their most successful show, and they were repeating a few Spelling shows at the time.

They repeated the revival of Burke's Law, first shown on ITV, due to the fact the son of Gene Barry's character just happened to play Eddie Connors on Sunset Beach.

Carrie Fairchild

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I'm surprised Channel 5 never picked up Malibu Shores for a repeat
I believe 90210, Melrose Place and 2000 Malibu Road (which they aired in miniseries format) were the only 90's primetime soaps they showed. Malibu Shores wasn't aired on any UK terrestrial channel, so it would've been ripe for a Saturday morning/afternoon repeat where Five aired other soaps.

AndyB2008

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Titanic
I believe 90210, Melrose Place and 2000 Malibu Road (which they aired in miniseries format) were the only 90's primetime soaps they showed. Malibu Shores wasn't aired on any UK terrestrial channel, so it would've been ripe for a Saturday morning/afternoon repeat where Five aired other soaps.
Agreed.

Yep, they did show 2000 Malibu Road in 2 hour blocks in the afternoon film slot for 3 days to show all 6 episodes.

Malibu Shores would have been better than the dreadful USA High that they did buy in.

A sort of Saved by The Bell (as it was from Peter Engel) set in Paris (but was taped in Los Angeles). Famous for Kristen Miller as Ashley Elliot, sporting an awful British accent, although Kristen was born in LA. There was also Jamie Lee Curtis's brother in law, Nicholas Guest, in it, and Josh Holland, the son of director Tom Holland.

Last edited: