• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Ringer

rlr718

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I searched through the site and found mentions of ringer in threads but no thread of its own.
This was a great but sadly only one season drama that I and others have mentioned before.
Starring Sarah Michelle Gellar as twins set in New York.
It seemed worthy of its own thread.
There were lots of twists and turn in this show that got better as the season went on.
I just found an interesting article on gellar as part of her promotion for wolf pack, her newest series.

Attachments

• DDE60806-8E00-494E-BE26-114CEFF19167.jpeg
    DDE60806-8E00-494E-BE26-114CEFF19167.jpeg
    225.2 KB · Views: 14

Carrie Fairchild

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I can’t believe Ringer was 12 years ago now! I remember enjoying it but that it was super twisty straight out of the gate, which made me wonder how it’d continue. Revenge was on at the same time and it kind of built up to the madness that it became whereas I remember thinking that Ringer was off the wall from the outset. Interesting to hear that it could’ve continued too. It was one of those shows that felt a little bit out of place on the CW schedule, as the cast were all a tiny bit older than the usual teens that populated the CW shows.

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I'll say that I'm a bit dubious about that bit that they would've continued the show if she hadn't been pregnant - it was pre-era CW when they started just renewing everything for streaming and the ratings fell hard in the second part (The Secret Circle had a similar trajectory that season and was also cancelled on the CW). It sounds more like something they'd all agree on to save the egos of everyone involved, but I doubt it would've been cancelled if it had been a hit. They would've just found a way to work around Sarah's pregnancy.

I enjoyed the show for what it was, but yeah - it sort of just jumped into batshit crazy from the start and really had no build to it. I would've liked to see a second season, but I'm not exactly heartbroken over it.

Last edited:
K

Karin Schill

I seem to recall that one of the twins was pregnant when the show ended. So I think they would probably have written in Sarah's pregnancy if the show had continued.

I think it was probably cancelled due to bad ratings. But who knows?:thinks:

rlr718

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I can’t believe Ringer was 12 years ago now! I remember enjoying it but that it was super twisty straight out of the gate, which made me wonder how it’d continue. Revenge was on at the same time and it kind of built up to the madness that it became whereas I remember thinking that Ringer was off the wall from the outset. Interesting to hear that it could’ve continued too. It was one of those shows that felt a little bit out of place on the CW schedule, as the cast were all a tiny bit older than the usual teens that populated the CW shows.
Ringer was very much a twisty show. That was one of the things really enjoyable about it. You’d think one thing and then bam you get yanked in the opposite direction.
i remember the comparisons to revenge which I honestly think at the time faired better because it was on ABC.
Ringer would have been interesting to see what they would have done or if it would have just fallen into complete soapiness (not that it wasn’t already).

rlr718

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I'll say that I'm a bit dubious about that bit that they would've continued the show if she hadn't been pregnant - it was pre-era CW when they started just renewing everything for streaming and the ratings fell hard in the second part (The Secret Circle had a similar trajectory that season and was also cancelled on the CW). It sounds more like something they'd all agree on to save the egos of everyone involved, but I doubt it would've been cancelled if it had been a hit. They would've just found a way to work around Sarah's pregnancy.

I enjoyed the show for what it was, but yeah - it sort of just jumped into batshit crazy from the start and really had no build to it. I would've liked to see a second season, but I'm not exactly heartbroken over it.
I guess they wouldn’t have been able to work another pregnancy in since the bad twin already was and had the baby.
if I remember correctly there was a long gap between the fall and winter spring which didn’t help and a lot of shows for a while we’re doing that. I had to look it up it was a 2 month gap.
5FDB679F-E231-48DE-979F-EBC4FC64EE2E.png

rlr718

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I seem to recall that one of the twins was pregnant when the show ended. So I think they would probably have written in Sarah's pregnancy if the show had continued.

I think it was probably cancelled due to bad ratings. But who knows?:thinks:
I think she had the baby in the last episode.

K

Karin Schill

Okay I don't really remember since it was so long ago since I watched it.

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
i remember it i read an interview she did not long ago on how she had thought the show was gonna be something different. and she had signed on for only one season than why even bother doing it? it wasn't a bad show my mom watched it and liked it too.

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
If I remember correctly, Ringer was originally developed for CBS, so I wonder would it have gotten on better had it aired there.
Yes, it was indeed. Since CBS was at the time the C in the CW, they moved it there, probably thinking that SMG's Buffy appeal could translate. I could see how she might have objected to go from having a show on a major network to an outlet like the CW was; maybe she was relieved once it was cancelled. With that said, I don't buy that it would've ended if it was a major hit. It just fizzled in the second part of the season ratingswise and maybe it was for the best.

cijimccashin

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I remember watching the show. I thought it was a good show with lots of potential. Such a shame it didn't continue.

Also, I remember Sarah doing press for the show saying she was happy about it going to the Cw (a network she actually watches) that could have just been lip service but she did say it. The show got canned for it's low ratings, The network did push hard promotion wise too!

Last edited:

rlr718

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
If I remember correctly, Ringer was originally developed for CBS, so I wonder would it have gotten on better had it aired there.
I wonder the same thing. It may have been to serialized for the general public and perhaps on cbs it might not have made their ratings threshold and might not have even lasted the entire season.