• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Ronald Reagan As An Actor

ClassyCo

Telly Talk Superstar
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I think the only movie I've seen of his was DARK VICTORY, but that movie belongs to Bette Davis. He made movies from 1937 to 1964.

Anyone like Reagan was an actor?

1627486327612.png

Crimson

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
As an actor, Reagan wasn't very notable. He was a precursor to the 1950s B-movie actors: genially pleasant, blandly handsome, and capable of playing everything in an adequate kind of way. In fairness, I suppose, I haven't seen his two most famous roles; KNUT ROCKNE and KINGS ROW; perhaps he gave better performances in those.

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
honestly i haven't that much of him as an actor what i have seen i wasn't impressed but than i haven't seen again not that many of them and Dark Victory (1939) is the only one i can think of that i have seen.

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
As an actor, I can’t say I’ve seen a lot of his movies to be honest. I think what I remember about him more than anything is when he says “Where’s the rest of me?” in King’s Row after waking up and realizing his legs have been amputated. That scene never fails making me chuckle.

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I've seen a few of his films. Unquestionably, his best film was Kings Row (1942) but even in that his co-stars were better in the film than he was.

J. R.'s Piece

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I was recently watching him in The Hasty Heart with Richard Todd, Patricia Neal and Anthony Nicholls. Where Todd’s character is a terminally ill soldier.

Last edited: