Roseanne (TV series)

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Also not a fan of David here. But what has DJ done wrong? I don't recall enough scenes to have an opinion about him.

DJ didn’t really ever bother me either. Perhaps David annoyed them to the point that they started hating every character. I can definitely see him having that effect on a viewer.

lost-in-time

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Also not a fan of David here. But what has DJ done wrong? I don't recall enough scenes to have an opinion about him.
DJs being written as a massive jerk to David in every episode. He beat him up in the last episode I saw! The basement leaked in another episode and David had to sleep in DJs room and DJ was treating him like dirt. It just isn’t funny IMO, especially as Mark treats David like dirt too.
David might be annoying but at least he’s not a bully like DJ has become. (I’m probably thinking way too much about it mind :D).

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
DJs being written as a massive jerk to David in every episode. He beat him up in the last episode I saw! The basement leaked in another episode and David had to sleep in DJs room and DJ was treating him like dirt. It just isn’t funny IMO, especially as Mark treats David like dirt too.
David might be annoying but at least he’s not a bully like DJ has become. (I’m probably thinking way too much about it mind :D).

I had totally forgotten about most of this. I guess DJ was so used to being the only junior male of the house for so long that having Mark and David around really didn’t sit too well with him.

Now that I think about it David really did receive the brunt of everyone’s hostility. Darlene wasn’t exactly very nice to him either. Even his own mother couldn’t stand him. Roseanne only liked him after finding out how abusive his own mom could be.