Season 9 after a different Swansong

stevew

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Swan song:

Sue Ellen gets drunk at the Ewing victory party and totally breaks down. JR has her locked up in an institution. J.R. reassures Mandy that the problem with Sue Ellen will be resolved. He then tells her it’s over and he’s done with Mandy, intending to be a lone, and making one finally play to remove Bobby from EO.

Donna tells Ray about her pregnancy.

Bobby is confused about who he should marry but then Bobby proposes to Pam, and she accepts.

Mitch and Lucy run off to get married but then she leaves him at the airport
Cliff considers an annulment of his marriage to Jamie. The SEC Cliff’s offices.

Miss Ellie and Clayton leave for a last minute trip to “get away.”

As Bobby leaves Pam's house, a car drives straight towards her; Bobby pushes Pam out of the way and the car hits him; the car crashes and the driver is revealed to be Katherine Wentworth.

The offices of Ewing Oil are raided and JR is arrested.

Season 9

Opening scene, Dallas Hospital, Pamela leaves Bobby’s room with Bobby in a comma. Miss Ellie arrives shaken. Clayton explains that Cliff and JR have been arrested and they plan to arrest Katherine if she survives the hospital stay - all unrelated charges. They mention Sue Ellen in an institution. Miss Ellie breaks down.

Pam discusses Ewing Oil with Donna, who agrees to take over the company for John Ross and Christopher as well as the Wentworth Companies that Cliff has all but buried. Donna says she’ll pick up the pieces but there won’t be much left. Also Katherine is contesting her mother’s will.

9 months later . . .

Bobby returns to South Fork. Pamela explains that Donna has been running the businesses. To save EO, JR was sentenced to 20 years, she’s put everything into trust, 25% each for John Ross, Christopher, Lucy and Donna’s daughter Ellie. Ewing Enterprises also now owns the Wentworth pieces the company bought and Katherine was found guilty. Furthermore EE bought the South Fork Cattle Company and Miss Ellie and Clayton set up the Ewing Farlow Foundation with the land and Miss Ellie signed the house over to Bobby. Also Cliff is in prison. Further more, they’re taking care of John Ross. Bobby is shocked and proud that Pam cleaned up everything.

Jack is there with Donna and Ray. Jack has been helping Donna with Ewing Oil. Jack introduces Amy Anderson, Punk and Mavis’s granddaughter, as his girlfriend.

A car pulls up and everyone is surprised to see Lucy, with David Stone, Marilee’s younger brother, they’re married. She also introduces the family to 28 year old Ryan Ewing, JR’s son.

Karin Schill

Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Interesting idea for a story. However I would probably make Amy Punk and Mavis daughter rather than granddaughter considering that Jack is the same generation as Bobby. That way you won't get such a big age gap between Jack and Amy.

Also I don't get why Lucy would leave Mitch instead of marrying him after just reuniting with him.

stevew

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Interesting idea for a story. However I would probably make Amy Punk and Mavis daughter rather than granddaughter considering that Jack is the same generation as Bobby. That way you won't get such a big age gap between Jack and Amy.

Also I don't get why Lucy would leave Mitch instead of marrying him after just reuniting with him.
I thought about both. My idea is to focus on what was needed with a younger generation and Bobby and Pam as head of the family. And Lucy and Mitch wouldn’t provide the drama needed so I’d have to come up with a plausible reason. I’d probably need to closely watch the episodes leading up to such. I’m sure Larry would be unhappy but wow would they save a ton of money they could focus on hiring some new breakout actors.