Shot Through the Heart

CeeCee72

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended.

This fic is an alternate timeline and features a totally different resolution to the "Who Shot JR?" plot.

The timeline breaks at episode four of season four of season"Dallas."

Shot Through the Heart

Part Fifty-nine:

Bobby hung up the phone and sighed heavily. He'd just spoken to the elusive Vanessa Beaumont.

Harv had been right about her it seemed. She had no interest in talking to JR or having her son introduced to the Ewings. She was very upset that Jock had tracked her down and intruded into the safe, quiet life she'd built for herself and her son.

"What now?" Pam asked him.

"Nothing," Bobby shrugged. "She's not going to be a problem for the family."

"Maybe not, but what about JR and Sue Ellen?"

"What about them?"

"Bobby, you know JR will want to know his son."

"Probably," Bobby shrugged, "but that part of it is none of our business."

Pam nodded, but she was worried. She knew JR having another son and bringing him into their lives would be horrible for Sue Ellen - especially since she had to deal with it all while being pregnant.

"I'm exhausted," Bobby told her. "I'm going to try to sleep for a bit. Come get me if Mama gets up."

"Okay, Bobby," Pam kissed him on the cheek and watched in silence as he headed toward the stairs.

She knew her husband too well not to realize he was struggling to keep his grief and guilt under control. She wanted so desperately to help him, to comfort him, but he wasn't ready.

Before he's left for California, Bobby had told her that he thought it would be best if Jock died. The weight of those words was going to be a difficult burden for him to bear.

"Tell me about her."

JR opened his eyes and looked over at his wife.

She seemed to be feeling better. The medication had taken care of her nausea and she'd actually managed to eat something.

He didn't bother to pretend he didn't know exactly who she was talking about. "It was a long time ago, Sue Ellen. I met here when I was stationed in Europe. She and I dated a while. I got transferred back to the states and that was that."

"How long did you date her?"

"A few months," JR shrugged. "It was so long ago. It's hard to remember exactly."

"I suppose she's beautiful."

"I haven't seen her in years, Sue Ellen. But yes, she was beautiful back then."

"Did you love her?"

JR grimaced and stood up, moving to gaze out of the window. "I thought so. I even thought about bringing her back to Dallas and marrying her."

Sue Ellen let out a shaky sob. "I see."

JR turned around and leveled his gaze on her face. "But I didn't, Sue Ellen. We had a huge fight right before I got my transfer orders. She broke things off and I let her."

"What was the fight about?"

"I cheated," JR said softly. "She found out. Look, Sue Ellen.."

He moved back to her bed and sat down beside her. "I haven't thought about Vanessa Beaumont for years and years. Not once since the night I judged the Miss Texas beauty contest and met the woman of my dreams. I had real feelings for Vanessa, but I let her walk away. That should tell you everything you need to know about whether or not I loved her."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean I never let you walk away, Sue Ellen. Not even when I thought you tried to kill me. You're the woman I love. You're the only woman I'll ever love. And if you ever try to leave me, I'll chase you down to the edge of the earth, bring you back kicking and screaming, and love you out of your mind until you agree to stay with me."

Sue Ellen shivered at his words. She knew he meant them. "I won't ever leave you, JR."

He bent down and placed a soft, gentle kiss on her lips. "Good."

Sue Ellen gave him a small smile and took a deep breath. "What about the boy?"

JR growled under his breath and stood up again. "I honestly don't know, Sue Ellen. I need to get my daddy buried. I need to get you home and healthy. I need to see the will and find out what hell daddy put in there. I just can't…"

"Good evening," the doctor breezed into the room and made a beeline for Sue Ellen's bed. "Ready to get out of here?"

JR sat down in a chair and listened as the doctor gave Sue Ellen her discharge Instructions. He knew they weren't done talking about Vanessa and her son, but he didn't know what else to say. He didn't even know how he felt.

But he knew he needed to be careful with his wife. Things were so good between them. He intended to do whatever he had to do to make sure things stayed that way.

Punk sucked in a deep breath and shook his head. "That's going to tear those boys apart."

"Yes," Harv agreed. "I shouldn't be telling you any of this, you know."

Punk nodded his understanding. "I won't rat you out."

"They can fight the will. I'll testify that he wasn't in his right mind."

"That's take a long time. Ewing Oil might not survive a long court battle."

"Agree," Harv sighed. "And Jock knew that."

"For a man not in his right mind, he sure seemed to have thought over all the angles."

"Yes," Harv said again. "JR is the key. I gave you advanced warning because you might be the one person who can influence him. You were his father's closest friend and one of the most successful independent oilmen in Dallas. You know and care for the family. Maybe…"

"Look," Punk held up his hand, "I'll do what I can. But JR Ewing isn't likely to be influenced by me or anyone else. When he sees that will, he'll be out for blood, and we both know it."

Harv didn't reply, but he knew Punk was right.

Jock had been trying to drive a wedge between his sons while he was alive, but had failed. But in death, he might very well succeed.

"Welcome home," Lucy stepped forward and hugged her aunt. "You scared me to death!"

"Sorry," Sue Ellen blushed. "I'm fine. Promise."

"She just needs some rest," JR said, taking off his hat. "Is Mama awake yet?"

"Yes," Pam told him. "She hasn't come out of her room yet."

JR nodded and kissed Sue Ellen on the cheek. "Why don't you let Pam help you upstairs, honey? I'll be up after I speak with Mama."

"Alright, JR," she nodded.

He watched as Pam led his wife up the stairs. They hadn't talked at all on the way home from the hospital. He knew Sue Ellen was obsessing about James Beaumont, but he had too many other things demanding his attention to deal with that at the moment.

"JR? Can I talk to you for a minute before you go see Grandma?"

JR looked at his niece and shrugged. "Make it quick," he told her, moving from the foyer into the living room and fixing himself a drink.

"Mavis wants you to speak at Grandpa's funeral."

JR made a sour face and downed his drink in one gulp. "How did you get stuck being the one to tell me? Draw the short straw?"

"No," Lucy chuckled. "I volunteered. Everyone else thought you'd throw a fit but I…"

"You what?"

"I figured you'd understand that Grandma needed us all to put on a show in public."

JR put his empty glass on the bar and looked her in the eyes. "I'll give a eulogy," he said evenly. "But I won't be putting on a show. Daddy was a bastard. But he was still my daddy. I loved him. And there was good in him. He deserves a proper send off."

Lucy moved to him and hugged him tightly.

JR hugged her back briefly, then stepped away from her. "I guess I better go talk to Mama now."

"Good luck, JR."

JR nodded and headed towards the stair. "Thanks. God knows I'm going to need it."

"JR with Mama?"

"Yeah," Gary confirmed, sinking down into the patio chair beside his younger brother. "He just went up there. Lucy talked to him about giving a eulogy. He said he'd do it."

"I knew he would," Bobby said. "JR will do whatever needs to be done."

"How are you holding up, Bobby?"

"To be honest, I'm not sure it's hit me yet. Hard to imagine I'll never see him again. And I…"

"What?"

"When I found out about the stroke, I said we'd all be better off if he died."

"There's truth in that," Gary told him. "Besides, considering what the doctors said about what he'd be like if he lived, it's better for him that he died."

"I guess," Bobby said doubtfully.

"It's not your fault that he died, Bobby. No matter what you said. Jock is the one who didn't take his blood thinners. If anyone's to blame, it's him.*

Bobby didn't answer. He knew Gary was right, but he still couldn't shake his guilt over what he'd said about his father.

And he was worried. JR was holding up well, but Bobby knew his brother well enough to know Jock's will was weighing heavily on his mind. JR had been working with his brothers to take down a common enemy - their father. Now that the enemy was dead, Bobby wondered if JR would decide to turn against them all to get total control of the one thing he'd always wanted - Ewing Oil.

Honkytonkangel

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
"I mean I never let you walk away, Sue Ellen. Not even when I thought you tried to kill me. You're the woman I love. You're the only woman I'll ever love. And if you ever try to leave me, I'll chase you down to the edge of the earth, bring you back kicking and screaming, and love you out of your mind until you agree to stay with me."

Sue Ellen shivered at his words. She knew he meant them. "I won't ever leave you, JR."

He bent down and placed a soft, gentle kiss on her lips. "Good."

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

"For a man not in his right mind, he sure seemed to have thought over all the angles."

It's bullshit, that arsehole knew exactly what he was doing.

JR put his empty glass on the bar and looked her in the eyes. "I'll give a eulogy," he said evenly. "But I won't be putting on a show. Daddy was a bastard. But he was still my daddy. I loved him. And there was good

That's my boy. But he's wrong too. Jock doesn't deserve a damn thing.

"Yes," Harv said again. "JR is the key. I gave you advanced warning because you might be the one person who can influence him. You were his father's closest friend and one of the most successful independent oilmen in Dallas. You know and care for the family. Maybe…"

"Look," Punk held up his hand, "I'll do what I can. But JR Ewing isn't likely to be influenced by me or anyone else. When he sees that will, he'll be out for blood, and we both know it."

Harv didn't reply, but he knew Punk was right.

Jock had been trying to drive a wedge between his sons while he was alive, but had failed. But in death, he might very well succeed.

I really hope not. I hope JR and Bobby are strong enough to remember what's really important.

CeeCee72

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended.

This fic is an alternate timeline and features a totally different resolution to the "Who Shot JR?" plot.

Shot Through the Heart

Part Sixty:

JR leaned against his mother's closed bedroom door and studied her carefully. He'ds been standing there a while, but so far she hadn't even bothered to acknowledge his presence.

She finally looked over at him and narrowed his eyes. "Are you going to stand over there in the corner like a frightened little boy all day, or come over here and talk to me?"

JR pushed away from the door and walked over to sit in the chair beside her. "I won't ask how you're holding up. I know you're devastated."

"Strangely enough, I'm much calmer than I was earlier," Ellie told him.

"Then why are you still hiding up here in your room refusing to see anyone?"

Ellie raised her face to meet his gaze. "Because I wanted to see you first and I knew eventually you'd come up here and force me to talk."

JR chuckled lightly and relaxed back into the chair. "Well?"

"I need you to know I was going to take him back, JR. I made him tell me everything. I knew every nasty, disgusting thing he was doing to you and your brothers. But I was going to take him back anyway."

"I know," JR shrugged. "It was hard for me to understand at first, but Sue Ellen made me see…"

"See what?"

"How much you loved him. How much he needed you. Besides, I'm pretty sure you put some conditions on your reconciliation to protect the rest of us."

"Yes," she confessed softly. "I made him swear to leave you all alone. To let you go and live your lives happily with your families."

"Did you know he wasn't taking his blood thinners?"

"No," she sighed. "But I'm not surprised. He was starting to believe the doctors were hurting him more than they were helping him."

"Did you know he updated his will a few weeks ago?"

Ellie's eyes widened in shock. "Yes. He told me. But… how did YOU know that, JR?"

"I have someone in Harv's office. I don't know what's in it, but I know it's been revised."

"JR…"

"How bad is it, Mama?"

Ellie bowed her head and slumped down in the chair. "Bad. That's why I wanted to talk to you first."

"Alright. Tell me."

"I will," she brought her eyes back up to his. "But I need to know, JR…"

"What?"

"Your brothers...they'll all take their cues from you, even if they don't realize it. I know you're angry with me. You have every right to be…"

"Stop," he held up his hand and cut her off. "You're my mother. Sometimes I don't understand why you do the things you do, and I get mad as hell about it. But I love you. And I know you love me. You love us all."

Ellie brought her hands up to cover her face and sobbed heavily. JR moved forward and pulled her into his arms, stroking her hair and whispering to her softly. "It's okay, Mama. Everything is going to be okay."

"Can I get you anything?"

Sue Ellen looked up at her sister-in-law and smiled. "No thank you, Pam. I'm fine."

"Is JR still in with Miss Ellie?"

"Yes," Sue Ellen nodded. "He's been in there a very long while."

Pam moved to sit beside Sue Ellen on the bed and reached out to take her hand. "Are you alright?"

"Yes. I… I know we have to deal with JR's lost love and son, but we can't. Not until Jock is buried and the will is read. JR is carrying the entire weight of this family on his shoulders. He needs my support, not my demanding insecurity."

"You don't have any reason to be insecure," Pam smiled at her. "JR loves you with all his heart. Whatever happens, he won't let that woman and her son come between you."

"I… yes," Sue Ellen relaxed under the covers. "I know in my heart you're right. How is Bobby doing?"

"I don't think it's hit him yet," Pam sighed.

"Are you scared, Pam? About the will?"

"No. Why would I be?"

"Jock was a cruel man. I don't think he would leave this world without setting up one more nasty surprise for his sons."

"Maybe. But I'm still not worried. JR and Bobby have come so far. They've mended their relationship completely. They won't let Jock's will destroy what they've built.

"Oh, Pam. I hope you're right. I pray to God you're right."

"They've been up there a long time."

Gary glanced over at his daughter and shrugged. "They have a lot to talk about."

"You seem to be getting along well with JR. That makes me so happy."

"JR's mellowed," Gary told her. "But…"

"But what?"

"Jock Ewing knew better than anyone else how to push JR's buttons. I have no doubt that he did everything he could in his will to drive JR to turn against the rest of us."

"JR will be fine," Lucy said, her voice full of conviction.

"We'll see, Lucy," Gary said doubtfully. "We'll see."

JR walked into his and Sue Ellen's bedroom, went to the bed, sat down beside her, and bent his head to kiss her cheek. "How are you feeling?"

"Just fine, JR," she reached up and stroked his cheek. "What about you?"

JR shrugged and stood up. "I haven't really thought about how I feel. I'm focused on doing what needs to be done."

"And do you know what needs to be done?"

"No. Not really. Just as I suspected, Daddy left a ton of nasty surprises in his will. A competition for me and Bobby. Winner take all."

"What kind of competition?"

"Profits. We both run half the company for a year. Whoever makes the most money gets the whole company and the other gets nothing."

"Can you refuse to do it?"

"Yes," JR said softly. "But if we do, the whole company goes to another heir."

"Who? Gary? Ray?"

"No," JR narrowed his gaze on her face to study her reaction to his words. "James Beaumont."

"What?!" Sue Ellen cried out. "But… Oh, JR…"

"I need you to be strong now, Sue Ellen," he went back over and sat beside her again. "I can't figure a way out of this on my own. I need your help, honey. Can you do that? Can you put aside your fear and worry about that boy and help me?"

Sue Ellen swallowed hard and closed her eyes, silently praying for strength. "Yes," she finally breathed out. "Yes, JR. I can help you. Jock Ewing doesn't get to win. Not this time."

"That's my girl," he leaned down and kissed her forehead. "That's my girl."

Vanessa gave up trying to sleep and climbed out of her bed.

Jock Ewing was dead, but he still wouldn't go away.

She'd been informed by Harv Smithfield that her son was named in Jock's will and would need to be represented at the will reading if possible. Vanessa had contacted an attorney in Dallas and hired him to represent her son's interests.

Wouldn't it be ironic justice if after all these years, all the hurt and pain, if JR Ewing lost everything he cared about to a son he never knew about or wanted?

Everyone said time heals all wounds, but Vanessa was living proof that wasn't true. Her heart was just as broken today as it had been all those years ago.

Maybe now, finally, she would be able to make JR pay for what he'd done to her.

That would suit Vanessa just fine.

"Do you know what they're talking about?" Valene asked, looking Sue Ellen in the eye.

Sue Ellen shifted uncomfortably and dropped her gaze to the table in front of her.

She and JR had talked about the will and their options. He'd called Harv Smithfield and verified a few details, then called all his brothers and Miss Ellie into a meeting in Jock's study.

"Yes," she finally answered. "They're talking about Jock's will."

"Does JR know what's in it?" Lucy asked.

"Yes," Sue Ellen answered honestly. "So does Miss Ellie."

"And?" Val demanded, her voice exasperated.

"And...look, they'll talk to us all soon, I'm sure. But we…"

"What Sue Ellen?" Donna prodded her.

"I just...this is going to be very difficult and painful for the men. Jock intended for it to be. They're going to need us all for support and guidance. I want us all to promise each other right now, when it gets rough, when they fight, when this threatens to tear our family apart… We will stand strong, together, and hold our family together. What's good for one of us is good for us all."

"How can we promise anything when we don't even know what's going on?" Valene demanded.

"Because," Pam said softly,reaching out to cover Sue Ellen's hand with hers. "Sue Ellen asked us to. I trust her, Valene."

"Thank you, Pam," Sue Ellen smiled at her.

"I trust you too, Aunt Sue Ellen," Lucy piped up. "Family first. Right?"

"That's right," Sue Ellen nodded.

"All for one and one for all," Donna sighed.

"Mama?" Lucy looked over at Val when the other woman remained silent.

"I...Oh, fine," she threw her hands up in the air. "I promise."

"Thank you, Val," Sue Ellen smiled again. "Our men can get through this. As long as they have us, everything will be just fine."

"I can't believe he did this!" Bobby raged.

"Calm down, Bob," JR ordered him. "This shouldn't be a surprise."

"Agree," Gary muttered. "This is completely within our father's character."

"JR, you said you talked to Harv," Ray spoke up,"He have any advice about breaking will based on Jock's mental state?"

"Yes. He said we could do it. But it would take more than a year. Ewing Oil wouldn't survive without leadership that long."

"JR's idea is a good one," Gary said. "It should work."

"It will only work if everyone keeps their word," Bobby narrowed his eyes on JR's face. "Some people around here don't have the best track record with being sincere."

"I can't deny that, Bobby," JR said lowly. "But you know things are different now. I want Ewing Oil, yes. But not if it costs me my family."

"You're asking me to trust you with my entire future, JR," Bobby growled.

"Yes. I am," JR replied evenly.

"This is the only way," Ellie spoke for the first time. "A real competition with the winner taking Ewing Oil lock, stock, and barrel will destroy us all."

"What about the Beaumont boy?" Ray asked.

"He only becomes a problem if Bobby and I refuse to abide by the terms of the will," JR answered.

"I don't like it," Gary sighed, "but we have no choice. I say we go with JR."

"Yeah," Ray agreed. "I can't think of any other solution."

"Bobby?" JR pressed him when his youngest brother remained silent.

Bobby glared at him for a few moments before turning his eyes to his mother. "What about you, Mama? Where do you stand?"

Ellie squared her shoulders and sat up straight. "I stand with JR."

Bobby shook his head and cut his eyes back to JR. "No tricks. No games."

"I swear it, Bobby," JR vowed solemnly.

"Alright then. I guess I'm with you too then."

"Good," Ellie stood. "We should all try to get some sleep..Tomorrow is going to be a very long day."

Bobby stood alone in a corner and watched his mother and his brothers file out of the room.

He couldn't believe he'd just handed the keys to his future over to JR.

He hoped with all his heart he wouldn't live to regret it.

"Now, honey," JR laughed as he climbed under the covers with his wife, "you can't be mad at Bobby for having doubts. Not given my history."

"He should know you only want what's best for our family!" She snapped angrily.

"He's got years of distrust built up, Sue Ellen. We need to cut him some slack."

He reached over, pulled her into his arms, and laid his hand on her belly. "Have you felt her move again?"

"Don't try to change the subject, and… wait. Her? What makes you think it's a girl?"

"Don't know," JR kissed her shoulder softly. "Just do."

"JR…"

"Please honey," JR's voice was soft and pleading. "It's been such a hard day. I don't want to talk about Daddy or Bobby or Ewing Oil or any other damn thing. Just let me be with you and love you, okay?"

"We have to talk about it all," Sue Ellen told him. "And the Beaumonts too."

"Yes," JR agreed. "But not this exact moment. Please, Sue Ellen."

Sue Ellen reached up and cupped his face in her hands. "Alright, JR," she gave in. "At this exact moment, I won't ask you for anything but to love me."

"You think JR can keep his promises?"

Ellie put down her tea and sighed into the phone. "I don't know, Punk. But this is the only way I can see to save my family. Did you do what I asked?"

"Yes, Ellie. I wish you'd reconsider."

"I can't. Whether or not JR keeps his word, the existence of James Beaumont is a bomb waiting to explode. I have to do something."

"JR won't like this, Ellie."

"Yes. I know," Ellie said worriedly. "But it's what has to be done. JR doesn't have the strength to do it. That means it's up to me. JR will just have to deal with it - whether he likes it or not "

CeeCee72

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
This one is wrapping up. Probably 5-6 more parts.

I honestly think I went to long with it anyway. I sorta lost focus and feel like I rambled a bit. I have an ending and resolution to all loose threads in my head.

I started a new one already, based on the dream season not being a dream. Posting this first part this morning.

Thank you all again for reading and for all the comments and feedback!

Honkytonkangel

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Uh oh what has Miss Ellie done?. I liked her talk with JR and her owning that she was gonna take the bastard back, and that JR and his brothers had a right to be angry.
Cool to see the brothers (mostly) coming together, I just hope they can keep standing together.
Loved Sue Ellen's reaction to the will, and convincing the girls that they all had to stand together to support their husbands, she's awesome, and they can be totally badass together. I love their relationship now.
Also loved her indignation about Bobby not completely trusting JR
. I think she was right, but Bobby has always had everything handed to him by Jock, and so JR is the one who always HAD to fight.

CeeCee72

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards

Shot Through the Heart

Part Sixty-one:

"Gary?"

Gary finished straightening his tie and looked up at his wife. "Yeah?"

"I understand why JR worked out a deal with Bobby for Ewing Oil. I don't understand why he included you and Ray."

Gary shrugged and slipped on his jacket. "With me, I'm pretty sure it's all about Lucy and her future. Ray is harder to figure out, but I guess JR has his reasons."

"Honestly, I'm surprised you're all so willing to trust him. He's proven to us all over and over what a snake he can be."

"I know," Gary sighed. "But, he's different now. I can't explain it, but I feel it. Deep down I can tell he's changed."

"But Gary…"

"Look, Val, I know it's hard to understand. But JR was who he was because of our father. He is who he is because of Sue Ellen. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt."

"Alright, Gary," she nodded. "I hope this doesn't come back to bite us all in the behind."

"Me too," Gary said solemnly. "Me too."

Harv Smithfield looked over the contract carefully. He'd drawn it up exactly as JR had instructed. He had to admit it was brilliant. He wished he'd thought of it himself.

Jock's will was very specific. If JR and Bobby refused to abide by the terms, Ewing Oil would be liquidated and the proceeds would pass to James Beaumont. If the Ewingd tried to overturn the will, Jock had gone to great pains to be sure the court battle would be long and complicated.

But JR had found a loophole.

If Bobby and JR agreed to the competition, the winner would end up with sole ownership of the company.

And there was nothing to stop the winner from doing whatever he wanted to with Ewing Oil once the competition was done.

Harv was shocked that JR was so willing to agree to play fair. He was even more shocked that he's agreed to divide the company even if he won.

"Well, well, JR," Harv muttered to himself. "Maybe you're not your father's son after all."

Vanessa glanced at her watch and grimaced. The Ewings would be reading the will soon. She couldn't wait to hear what nasty surprise Jock had left for JR concerning James.

Whatever it was, she hoped it hurt JR. She hoped it hurt him very badly.

"Good morning," Pam greeted her friend as she sat down at the breakfast table. "How are you feeling?"

"Alright," Sue Ellen answered. "Some morning sickness, but not too bad. The nausea medication is working."

"Good. How's JR this morning?"

"Impatient. Ready to get this over with."

"Me too," Pam sighed. "I have the papers from Cliff for the lawyer. He'll be filing for custody of Kristen's child today."

Sue Ellen put her fork down and her eyes widened. "Oh, my God, Pam. You're not going to believe this, but I haven't even thought about Kristen… or my mother in days."

"I believe it just fine," Pam smiled reassuringly. "With everything else going on, it's natural."

"I suppose we need to get those loose ends wrapped up. I'll talk to JR after the will is read."

"Thank you," Pam nodded."I pray that after Jock is buried and your sister is totally neutralized everything around here will get back to normal."

"That prayer won't be answered. At least not for me," Sue Ellen mumbled miserably. "I still have the Beaumonts hanging over my head."

"Vanessa Beaumont and her son can't hurt you, Sue Ellen," Pam told her.

"I hope you're right," Sue Ellen sighed. "But I wouldn't bet the ranch on it."

JR stared into the mirror and studied his reflection.

Could he go through with it? Could he really do it?

He'd fought so hard for so long. He'd used every single dirty trick in the book. He'd lied and schemed and worked his ass off.

All for control of Ewing Oil.

His father's will had given him the perfect opportunity to get what he'd always wanted. JR knew he'd have no problem squashing Bobby like a bug in the competition.

He could walk away with it all.

He and Sue Ellen had worked out a way to split the company and save the family.

But is this what he really wanted? Was peace at Southfork worth walking away from everything he'd spent his life trying to achieve?

"JR? Are you ready to go?"

JR turned around and couldn't help but smile when he saw his wife. "I am," he told her softly. "You look so pretty this morning. You're glowing."

"I don't feel pretty," she laughed. "I feel queasy. But thank you, JR."

He walked over to her and placed a soft kiss on her forehead. "You sure you're up to all this?"

"Yes," she leaned against him and put her head on his shoulder. "You?"

"Yes," he said without hesitation. "I am."

"I love you so much."

JR brought his arms around her and held her tightly.

This was going to be the hardest thing he'd ever done, but so help him God, he'd do it. For her. He'd do it for her.

He'd figure out a way to live with it later.

Harv stood behind the table and watched the Ewings file into his conference room. He sat down once everyone else was seated and nodded his head at them. "Good morning, everyone. For the record, we're here this morning to read the last will and testament of John Ross Ewing. Present are Mrs. Ellie Southworth Ewing, Mr. John Ross Ewing the Second, Mr. Robert James Ewing, Mr. Garrison Arthur Ewing, Mr. Raymond Krebbs, Mrs. Sue Ellen Ewing, Mrs. Valene Ewing, Mrs. Pamela Ewing, Miss Lucy Ewing, Mr. Marvin "Punk" Anderson, and Mr. Jackson Lealand who is an attorney representing James Beaumont. Let's begin."

"We're going to be here a while," Bobby kissed Pam on the forehead "Why don't you ladies go to lunch? We'll meet you back at Southfork later."

Harv had finished reading the will. The details were brutal. He'd left all his assets to Ellie, except for Ewing Oil. For that, he'd sat up an intricate completion fraught with landmines for Bobby and JR, with Punk Anderson serving as judge. Now the men had to review the agreement JR had asked him to put together and decide whether or not they each agreed.

"Alright, Bobby," Pam smiled at him. "We'll see you back at the ranch."

"You ladies go on," Ellie told them. "I'm going to stay here in case the boys need me."

Pam nodded and walked toward the door where the other women were waiting on her.

Once they were gone, Ellie turned her attention to Punk. "Is everything set?"

"Yes. He's waiting for you in Harv's office. Be careful Ellie. Please."

"Don't worry, Punk. I'll be careful. And I'll get the Beaumonts handled once and for all."

Harv pulled off his glasses and laid them on the table in front of him. "Does everyone understand? JR and Bobby compete for ownership just as Jock laid out in his will. One year from today, Punk Anderson will review the books and declare a winner and sole owner of Ewing Oil. The winner will retain 45 percent of the shares of Ewing Oil and be named President of the company. The loser gets 35 percent and the title of Vice-president. Ray Krebbs and Gary Ewing each get 10 percent. Everyone clear?"

"Yes," all the men answered and nodded.

"Alright, each of you sign and we'll seal the agreement until after the competition is over and a winner is named."

"Wait," Bobby held out his hand and looked at JR. "JR…"

"What?" JR snapped.

"You know, even if you win - even if you get 45 percent and the presidency, you won't be in control. The three of us will have enough shares to overrule you."

"I know that Bobby," he growled. "I can count to a hundred."

"I know you can," Bobby shot back. "That's why it's so hard for me to believe you're serious about any of this."

"I'm dead serious about it, Bob," JR's eyes narrowed to dangerous slits. "It was my damn idea."

"I know," Bobby sighed. "But JR… for your whole life, all you've ever wanted was Ewing Oil. This is your shot. Why give it up now?"

"I don't intend to explain myself to you," JR's voice was dangerously low. "Or to any of you," he said, looking around the room. "This is what I want."

"Fine, JR," Bobby said flatly. "But be sure you mean it. Don't sign your name on that promise if you don't intend to keep it."

JR stood up, walked over to Harv, took the paper, and signed it. He put his hat on and walked out of the conference room without another word to anyone.

"Well, guess that's his answer," Harv sighed. "Come on, boys. The rest of you need to sign too."

"My client has no problem submitting her son to a blood test to prove paternity," Lealand informed Ellie. "But she won't accept your offer."

"Why not?" Ellie asked. "You heard the will. Her son gets nothing so long as JR and Bobby complete the terms, which they will."

"This isn't about money," Lealand told her. "Miss Beaumont refused to sell out to Jock Ewing and she won't sell out to you either."

"Then what does she want?" Ellie asked.

"All she ever wanted was to be left alone. Your husband made that impossible. The whole world knows about her son now. So, she wants what's his."

"I see. And what exactly does she consider to be his?"

"JR Ewing has two sons, and a child in the way. She believes her son is entitled to a public acknowledgment as a Ewing and one third of JR's personal wealth."

"That's outlandish!"

"Perhaps," Lealand said, standing up. "But if you really want her to go away, that's what it will take. You have three days to decide. Talk to your son and see what he says. I have a feeling that he'll agree that one third of his personal wealth is a small price to pay to get Vanessa and her son out of his life and away from his lovely - and fragile wife. Have a good day, Mrs. Ewing."

Ellie shook with pure fury as she watched the lawyer leave the room. His client may think she was holding all the high cards, but she was wrong.

Ewings were tough.

And Vanessa Beaumont was barking up the wrong tree.

"Sue Ellen?"

Sue Ellen looked up at Donna and smiled. Donna had driven into town and met the rest of the Ewing women for lunch. "Yes?"

"You're awfully quiet."

Sue Ellen dropped her eyes to her salad and shrugged. "Just thinking I guess. Pam reminded me this morning that we still had to deal with my mother and my sister. I have to talk to JR about it. I just hate to put another weight on his shoulders."

"Why do you have to talk to JR about it?" Val asked her.

"I have to make sure they're both gone for good. JR is the only one I know who can make that happen."

"Well, that's not true, Sue Ellen," Donna told her. "You and Pam are both plenty strong enough to take care of those two. Especially if you have backup."

"Backup?" Sue Ellen repeated.

"Sure," Valene agreed. "Remember what we all promised each other last night? All for one and one for all?"

"Yes...but I…" Sue Ellen hesitated.

"What do you have in mind?" Pam asked the other women.

"I'm not sure," Donna grinned. "But if you and Sue Ellen tell us exactly what you want to accomplish, I'm sure the five of us can figure it out. No need to bother JR with it. Or Bobby either."

"She's right," Lucy spoke up. "We totally got this."

"We do?" Sue Ellen said doubtfully.

"We absolutely do," Val laughed. "If we're together, there's nothing we can't handle!"

Vanessa slammed the phone down and cursed in outrage. Money? Ellie Ewing thought she could buy her son, just like Jock had.

The entire family was evil. No wonder JR was such a vile human being.

Well, Ellie Ewing could take her offer and shove it.

JR Ewing had destroyed her life.

And he was going to pay.

Finally, after all these years, the bill was due.

And she was going to make sure it was paid in full.

"Hey."

JR turned around and saw Gary coming into the living room. "Hey."

"Look, you can't be too angry with Bobby for…"

"I'm not," JR held up his hand to cut Gary off. "I get it. He has years of good reasons not to believe I'm sincere."

"Yeah," Gary agreed. "But I do."

"You do what?"

"Believe you're sincere."

"How can you be so sure?"

"Don't know," Gary shrugged. "Just am."

JR chuckled lightly and fixed himself another drink. "I won't lie. It's hard. I almost backed out this morning."

"But you didn't," Gary smiled at him. "And you won't."

"Who would have ever thought it would be you who trusted me?"

"Right?" Gary laughed. "And I won't lie either, JR. It gives me comfort to know Jock is rolling over in his coffin seeing me and you getting along so well."

JR burst out, laughing along with his brother. "You know what, Gary? I bet the bastard is spinning."

They laughed together loudly, causing Bobby and Ray to walk into the room to see what was going on

"What's so funny?" Bobby asked.

"We are," JR caught his breath and slapped Gary on the back lightly. "We are."

"You ready for this?" Pam asked, putting her hand on Sue Ellen's arm.

"Yes," Sue Ellen sighed. "It has to be done."

"We can wait," Pam told her. "It doesn't have to be done right now."

"Yes. It does," Sue Ellen shook her head. "I need this to be over, Pam."

Pam nodded and watched as Sue Ellen picked up the phone. She sat quietly as Sue Ellen said her name and asked to speak to Keifer.

"Mr. Kiefer?" Sue Ellen sat up straight on the edge of the bed. "This is Sue Ellen Ewing. I need a meeting with you. Scotty Demerest needs to be there too. No. JR won't be there. Just me and my sister-in-law, Pam. No. It needs to be as soon as possible. All I'll say is that I have a solution to both my mother's and my sister's legal problems. Yes. Alright. See you then."

Sue Ellen hung up the phone and sank down onto the bed. "It's set. Tomorrow at ten."

"Good. Now all we need is for Donna to take care of her end."

"Yes. Then it will be over."

"Finally," Pam agreed. "Thank God."

"Come on, Jake!" Donna snapped at the DA. "You have nothing to lose and everything to gain!"

"I have an open and shut case against Kristen Sheppard," he reminded her.

"A mentally ill woman who won't be convicted because she's crazy?" Donna laughed. "Please."

"I can't let her go! The Ewings made a mockery of this office during Sue Ellen Ewing's trial and they need to be held accountable for that!"

"This office made a mockery of itself," Donna snapped. "The Ewings didn't cause your predecessor to sleep with Kristen Sheppard and manipulate evidence. Besides," Donna's voice dipped low, "if you don't do me this favor, I'll make sure the Dallas DA's office is crushed by a scandal the likes of which you can't even imagine."

"You're bluffing," Jake snarled. "You go public and Sam Culver's reputation will be ruined."

"Yes," Donna shrugged. "But so what? Sam is dead. Sue Ellen and Pam Ewing are both still alive. They're my family now and they need me. I won't let the memory of a dead man stop me from doing all I can to help them."

"I can't believe you're serious about this."

"Believe it," Donna said evenly. "I've never been more serious about anything in my life."

"Fine," the DA gave in. "I'll have the papers drawn up. But you owe me one."

"No," Donna laughed. "But now you owe me one less."

"What are you talking about, JR?" Ray laughed. "You just sat there at the table! Me and Bobby did all the fighting. You never even threw a punch!"

"I had on a new shirt!" JR protested. "No need to get it stained with blood!"

Everyone around the table roared with laughter.

Except Sue Ellen.

She cast a nervous glance toward the living room and stood up. "Excuse me for just a minute."

JR reached out and touched her arm to stop her. "Maybe she just wants to be alone, honey."

"Maybe," Sue Ellen smiled sadly, "but she shouldn't be."

JR pulled his hand back and nodded at his wife, who left the dining room and moved into the living room.

"Miss Ellie?" She spoke to her mother-in-law, who was sitting all alone on the couch. "We miss you at the table."

Ellie took a sip of her drink and shook her head. "No one misses me," she sighed. "Let them talk and laugh about the good times they had with their father. My presence would only dampen their mood."

"I miss you, Miss Ellie."

Ellie put her drink down and smiled at Sue Ellen. "You're too sweet. But when you find out what I've done, you may not have such warm feelings for me."

"Oh, Miss Ellie, I know you were going to reconcile with Jock..I don't hold that against you.I completely understand."

Ellie studied her daughter-in-law carefully. "Yes. I know you, of all people, truly do understand. JR told me you explained it to him."

"I tried," Sue Ellen sank down onto the couch beside her mother-in-law. "Please don't feel that anyone is angry with you. We all love you very much."

"I know. But I...Sue Ellen, I did something very Jock like today."

"What do you mean?"

"I interfered in a problem between you and JR and only ended up making it worse."

"What problem?"

"The James Beaumont problem. I called Vanessa and offered to pay her to go away."

"I see," Sue Ellen sucked in a deep breath. "And how did she react?"

"Badly. She's insisting that JR acknowledge paternity and that James is entitled to a third of JR's wealth."

Sue Ellen was silent for a while, turning her head to stare out the window. "I imagine she's very upset right now," she finally said. "She's managed to keep the fact that she had a son with JR a secret for so long. Then, out of the blue investigators show up at her door and she ends up all over the newspapers. I can see why she's reacting badly."

"How is JR handling it? He hasn't mentioned it to the family."

"He's pushed it out of his mind. He has so much to deal with, it seems like he's just decided not to deal with this at all right now."

"Well, I'm afraid I've made that impossible for him now. Her lawyer will be demanding his attention very soon."

Sue Ellen nodded and shrugged. "You were only trying to help, Miss Ellie. Come back to dinner. We'll deal with Vanessa when we have to."

"Thank you, Sue Ellen."

"For what?"

"Being you."

Sue Ellen walked out of the bathroom and sat down at her vanity. "How's it going?"

"Slow," JR grumbled. "The funeral is day after tomorrow and I can't get this damned eulogy written to save my life. As much as I want Daddy to have a proper send off, it's harder than I thought to write anything nice about him right now."

"You're going to have to put your anger aside. Think about the good times, like you guys were talking about tonight at dinner."

"I'm trying, Sue Ellen," he told her. "And so far failing miserably."

Sue Ellen stood up, walked over to him, and took his hands in hers. "Put it away for a while and go back to it later."

He yanked on her hands gently and pulled her down into his lap on their bed. "Thanks for taking care of Mama tonight. I wanted to go to her. I just couldn't force myself…"

Sue Ellen reached up and cupped his face in her hands. "JR, you're under so much stress. You don't have to be superman. I'm your wife. I'll do whatever I can to help you."

"I know you will, honey," he said softly.

Sue Ellen searched his eyes. They were tired and sad. She'd intended to tell him about Kristen and her mother and about Ellie's call to Vanessa, but decided he couldn't handle anything else right now. She vowed silently to handle things herself. He needed to be allowed to concentrate on his own grief. "There's something I can help you do right now, you know."

"Oh yeah?" JR's eyes darkened at the husky tone of her voice. "What's that?"

She reached down to pull her nightgown over her hips and positioned herself on top of him. "Relieve your stress."

JR groaned as she guided him inside of her. He closed his eyes and let her have her way with him.

She was right. This was exactly what he needed. And she was the only person in the world who could give it to him.

Honkytonkangel

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
"Well, that's not true, Sue Ellen," Donna told her. "You and Pam are both plenty strong enough to take care of those two. Especially if you have backup."

"Backup?" Sue Ellen repeated.

"Sure," Valene agreed. "Remember what we all promised each other last night? All for one and one for all?"

"Yes...but I…" Sue Ellen hesitated.

"What do you have in mind?" Pam asked the other women.

"I'm not sure," Donna grinned. "But if you and Sue Ellen tell us exactly what you want to accomplish, I'm sure the five of us can figure it out. No need to bother JR with it. Or Bobby either."

"She's right," Lucy spoke up. "We totally got this."

"We do?" Sue Ellen said doubtfully.

"We absolutely do," Val laughed. "If we're together, there's nothing we can't handle!"

YAY! Ewing/Krebbs womanpower. LOVE IT.

"Who would have ever thought it would be you who trusted me?"

"Right?" Gary laughed. "And I won't lie either, JR. It gives me comfort to know Jock is rolling over in his coffin seeing me and you getting along so well."

JR burst out, laughing along with his brother. "You know what, Gary? I bet the bastard is spinning."

They laughed together loudly, causing Bobby and Ray to walk into the room to see what was going on

"What's so funny?" Bobby asked.

"We are," JR caught his breath and slapped Gary on the back lightly. "We are."

This made me spit out my drink and then smile like an idiot.
"This office made a mockery of itself," Donna snapped. "The Ewings didn't cause your predecessor to sleep with Kristen Sheppard and manipulate evidence. Besides," Donna's voice dipped low, "if you don't do me this favor, I'll make sure the Dallas DA's office is crushed by a scandal the likes of which you can't even imagine."

"You're bluffing," Jake snarled. "You go public and Sam Culver's reputation will be ruined."

"Yes," Donna shrugged. "But so what? Sam is dead. Sue Ellen and Pam Ewing are both still alive. They're my family now and they need me. I won't let the memory of a dead man stop me from doing all I can to help them."

I totally wouldn't mess with Donna.

"Miss Ellie?" She spoke to her mother-in-law, who was sitting all alone on the couch. "We miss you at the table."

Ellie took a sip of her drink and shook her head. "No one misses me," she sighed. "Let them talk and laugh about the good times they had with their father. My presence would only dampen their mood."

"I miss you, Miss Ellie."

Ellie put her drink down and smiled at Sue Ellen. "You're too sweet. But when you find out what I've done, you may not have such warm feelings for me."

"Oh, Miss Ellie, I know you were going to reconcile with Jock..I don't hold that against you.I completely understand."

Ellie studied her daughter-in-law carefully. "Yes. I know you, of all people, truly do understand. JR told me you explained it to him."

"I tried," Sue Ellen sank down onto the couch beside her mother-in-law. "Please don't feel that anyone is angry with you. We all love you very much."

"I know. But I...Sue Ellen, I did something very Jock like today."

"What do you mean?"

"I interfered in a problem between you and JR and only ended up making it worse."

"What problem?"

"The James Beaumont problem. I called Vanessa and offered to pay her to go away."

Poor Miss Ellie. I do love that she wanted to help though. And I love that Sue Ellen understands that.

"Thank you, Sue Ellen."

"For what?"

"Being you."

Love this soooo much. Sue Ellen is sweet and badass and fabulous.

Vanessa is an immature, evil hag who also needs to be neutralised ..... or annihilated.

CeeCee72

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards

Shot Through the Heart

Part Sixty-two:

"So, we're all in agreement?"

JR and Bobby had gone into the office and Ray and Gary were out working on the ranch. The Ewing women, plus Donna were gathered around in the living room discussing their plans for the day.

"I don't know, Sue Ellen," Ellie said doubtfully. "JR may not like us doing all this behind his back."

"JR has too much on his mind to do these things - and they need to be done NOW," Sue Ellen insisted.

"Yes, but…"

"Sue Ellen is right," Pam cut off Ellie. "All the men are struggling with Jock's death and what it means for them. It's up to us to take care of Kristen and Vanessa."

"Agreed," Donna spoke up. "So Pam and I will meet with Kristen and Patricia and their lawyers. Sue Ellen and Miss Ellie will call Vanessa. Valene and Lucy will stay here at the ranch and help Mavis with the last minute funeral details."

"Sue Ellen," Miss Ellie carefully chose her words. "I just want you to be careful. You and JR are so close now. I don't want anything to ruin that."

"Nothing will," Sue Ellen assured her. "I promise."

"Alright," Ellie finally agreed. "We'll do things your way then."

"Good," Sue Ellen beamed. "This is all for the best. You'll see."

Ellie nodded and prayed that Sue Ellen was right. JR was a complicated man. No telling how he'd react to having all these decisions made without him.

Bobby pushed the papers he's been reading away from him and growled under his breath.

He and JR started their year long competition today. It was hard not to be worried about what schemes his brother was cooking up in the office next door.

Bobby wasn't stupid. He saw how close JR and Gary were getting. Ray too for that matter.

Bobby knew JR too well to believe that was all about brotherly love. More likely than not, it was about control of Gary and Ray's future shares of Ewing Oil.

JR seemed to be a changed man. But that was all about Sue Ellen. As long as she was happy, JR would have no problem screwing over anyone else - especially if control of Ewing Oil was at stake.

Bobby didn't trust him. And he wasn't going to sit back and be conned by his brother ever again.

"Bobby isn't acting right."

Gary looked up from the horse he was rubbing down and shrugged. "He's worried about the competition. He knows he's going to lose and he's expecting JR to pull some nasty tricks."

"He knows he's going to lose?" Ray repeated. "What do you mean?"

"I mean JR is a better Oilman than Bobby and Bobby knows it. So does JR for that matter."

"I think Bobby can hold his own. So long as JR keeps to his promise to play it all fair."

"Bobby can't beat JR no matter how fair the fight is," Gary replied. "JR doesn't need to cheat to win. That's why he won't."

"Bobby doesn't share your confidence."

"That's because it's easier to assume JR will cheat rather than admit he's the better man - at least in business."

"Think they're going to be able to keep the peace?"

"It will be tough, but I think Sue Ellen and Pam will help keep them on the straight and narrow."

"I hope you're right. This family has been through so much. We all need peace. Even JR."

"Especially JR," Gary corrected him.

"I'm heading home," JR poked his head into Bobby's office. "Sly has copies of all the paperwork from my work today if you want to review it."

"You...you want me to review your deals?"

"No," JR laughed. "But figured you might need to in order to ease your mind."

"JR…"

"Don't, Bobby," JR stopped him. "I know you don't trust me. And I don't blame you. But I'm not going to cheat you and if you need to check up on me feel free. Eventually you'll figure out that I intend to keep my promise."

"Your promise to me?"

"Yes," JR said softly. "But mostly my promise to her."

Bobby's eyes grew wide with sudden understanding. "You promised Sue Ellen you'd play it straight?"

"I did," JR put his hat on his head and nodded at his brother. "See you at Southfork later."

Bobby watched as JR walked away.

JR might be willing to cheat him, but Bobby believed in his would that he would never deliberately hurt his wife again.

"Maybe things will work out fine after all."

Sue Ellen closed her eyes and concentrated on keeping the vomit down.

Today has been incredibly stressful, but everything was done.

Kristen and Patricia had both readily accepted the deal Donna and Pam had presented to them. They both would stay out of jail so long as they kept to the agreement.

They'd stay in Dallas until after the baby was born, Kristen would sign over all rights to the child to Cliff, and then they would move to Europe together. If either of them ever came back to Dallas, both deals went away and they would be prosecuted for fraud and the attempted murder of Cliff Barnes.

Vanessa had been harder to handle. Turns out she had a good reason to be bitter. She'd been completely in love with JR. The day she'd found out she was pregnant with James she had been so excited. She'd gone to find him and tell him...only to find him in bed with a woman she had considered to be a good friend. She'd broken things off with him immediately, moved away, and hid her pregnancy. The birth had been traumatic and left her unable to have any more children.

She'd read about JR in the press many times over the years. His affairs. His schemes. She'd followed Sue Ellen's trial closely. She was convinced JR was the most horrible human being God had ever created.

Sue Ellen and Ellie had managed to calm her down enough to get her to listen to them. They described the JR Ewing that they knew. They explained he was a completely different person than the one she'd read about in the press. Sue Ellen had told her what a wonderful father he was to John Ross and how he was trying so very hard to be a better husband, son, and brother.

Vanessa had agreed to drop her demands and to wait until after Jock's funeral to work out what needed to be done for her son. Sue Ellen had thanked her profusely and promised that JR would do right by the boy.

"You alright, Miss Texas?"

Sue Ellen opened her eyes and saw her husband standing next to the bed, looking down at her.

"Just fine, JR. A little tired is all."

"I finished writing Daddy's eulogy at the office," he told her. "Want to read it for me?"

"Of course," she sat up and held her hand out.

"Later," he whispered softly. He climbed into the bed beside her and pulled her down into his arms. "Much later."

**"

"It was a beautiful service," Sue Ellen told her husband. "Your eulogy was perfect."

JR shrugged out of his jacket and hung it up in the closet. "I had an interesting conversation with Harv after the funeral," he told her.

"Really?"

"Yes. He congratulated me on taking care of your sister and mother without causing a scandal. Then he told me Vanessa Beaumont had agreed to my request to postpone the paternity test until after my father's affairs were handled."

"Really" Sue Ellen was suddenly nervous.

"Uh huh," JR narrowed his eyes at her, "the problem is I had no idea what he was talking about."

"Well…" she stammered. "I've been meaning to talk to you…"

"What did you do, Miss Texas?"

She stood up straight and narrowed her shoulders. "What needed to be done."

"And you decided to do it all behind my back? Keep it all a secret from me?"

"JR, you had too much to deal with already. I was only trying to help."

He grabbed her without warning, pulled her roughly against his body, and silenced her with a hot kiss.

"Don't you ever keep those kinds of secrets from me again," he warned her roughly.

"JR," she protested, "I was only trying to…"

"I know what you were trying to do," he interrupted her. "And I thank you for it."

"JR…"

"You're an amazing woman and I'm lucky to have you. But no more secrets, honey. Okay?"

"Okay, JR," she smiled and leaned into his body. "I promise."

"I love you, Sue Ellen."

"I love you back, JR."

*One year later*

"JR! Come on! We have to get moving!"

JR sighed and put his daughter back down into her crib. "Just kissing Ella goodbye," he told his wife. "Hold your horses."

"I want to be there when the plane lands. I don't want James to have to wait for us."

"We have plenty of time, Miss Texas," he laughed. "You're not getting nervous are you?"

"A little. I mean talking to him on the phone is a lot different than meeting him in person…"

"It will be fine, Sue Ellen. That boy already loves you."

The last year had passed in a blur. Bobby and JR had completed their contest for Ewing Oil. Bobby had managed to make it competitive, but JR had prevailed in the end. Everything had been fair and above board and Bobby had graciously accepted his defeat and accepted the position of Vice-president.

Kristen had delivered a healthy baby boy and left for Europe with her mother as she had agreed. Cliff was still recovering from the shooting and had signed over custody to Pam and Bobby who had named the child Christopher. Pam had managed to convince her mother to be a part of the boy's life and she was slowly building that relationship.

Miss Ellie had mourned Jock deeply, but finally started going out and enjoying life again. She and Clayton Farlow had started dating and although JR had initially been against the relationship, he was starting to grudgingly accept Clayton's presence in his mother's life.

Lucy had gotten engaged to Mitch and they planned to marry as soon as he graduated from medical school. Gary and Valene visited their daughter at Southfork often now and Gary and JR had become very close to one another.

Ray and Donna had married and we're building a home in Southfork. They were living in the main house until it was completed and Miss Ellie had grown to love and accept Ray as another son.

Sue Ellen had given birth to a beautiful baby girl that she and JR had named Ella Southworth Ewing. JR was completely smitten with his new daughter and spent every single night at home with his family.

A blood test had proven James Beaumont was indeed JR's son. JR had set up a generous trust fund for the boy and Vanessa had agreed to allow JR and Sue Ellen to speak with him frequently and build a relationship. Today James was flying in from Europe and they would be meeting him face to face for the very first time.

JR and Sue Ellen had built a very solid marriage based on love, trust, and mutual respect. Sue Ellen had suffered through a lot of insecurities during her pregnancy and with James being a part of their lives, but JR had patiently loved her until they all disappeared. He had been the perfect husband, father, and lover. She was happier and more secure than she ever believed was possible.

"What are you thinking about, Miss Texas?" JR's question broke through her thoughts.

"Just how happy I am," she smiled at him.

"Is that so?" he asked her, his voice low and teasing. "You just wait until I get you alone tonight. I'm going to make you so happy the whole house will know about it."

Sue Ellen burst out laughing and wrapped her arms around his waist. "I'm going to hold you to keeping that promise, JR."

"I will," he whispered before lowering his mouth to hers, "I'll keep every promise and make you happy for the rest of our lives."

He kissed her thoroughly, smiling against her lips when he thought about how far they'd come and how happy their future would be.

Who would have ever thought that her shooting him would have resulted in so much joy and such a bright future.

THE END

Honkytonkangel

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Noooooo I don't want it to be over. It's tooooo awesome.
I need/want more JR and Sue Ellen love. And John Ross and Ella cuteness.
Happy that Sue Ellen got her mother and sister sorted out (and that JR understood why she didn't tell him beforehand).
Happy that the James situation was also sorted out, though I never cared that much about him (and hated Vanessa)
Even though I wish Sue Ellen was the only to have JR's babies...it is sweet that he was accepted into their family.
Sue Ellen is a sweetheart.

Loved that the whole family came together and everyone got their happy ending.

Miss Texas 1967

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I was beginning to wonder why Vanessa and JR had such different perspectives on their relationship but you answered that.
Nice ending :)

K

Karin Schill

Thanks for the story @CeeCee72 :clap:
I was glad to see that JR kept his word and didn't cheat Bobby out of his inheritance but actually won the competition for Ewing Oil fair and square.
I feel like the story got a rather abrupt ending, as you set up new plots that were resolved quickly. Too bad we missed James meeting with JR/SE and his siblings.
I guess you are eager to move on to the next story. I will read that one next. :)

CeeCee72

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Thanks for the story @CeeCee72 :clap:
I was glad to see that JR kept his word and didn't cheat Bobby out of his inheritance but actually won the competition for Ewing Oil fair and square.
I feel like the story got a rather abrupt ending, as you set up new plots that were resolved quickly. Too bad we missed James meeting with JR/SE and his siblings.
I guess you are eager to move on to the next story. I will read that one next. :)
It was abrupt.

I really felt like I should have ended it after the trial. I was struggling to get through it.

It's hard sometimes knowing when you're done. For whatever reason, I just felt finished and had a hard time even wrapping it up at all.