Should Pam have been one-quarter Mexican?

Snarky Oracle

Telly Talk Oracle
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
It would give the pasty-white Ewings one additional reason to be aloof to her, and Victoria's features would work.

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Legend
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I never really thought about this. Looking back on it I would say it probably wasn’t necessary though. I think the naturally built in family feud was enough and it worked well.

tommie

Telly Talk Superstar
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Apparently VP is the youngest person to ever exist in the multiverse. She has a painting of herself that shows an increasing old woman every year. VP's maid discovered it and VP hit her with a phone.
Ha, ha. You talk as if she survived.

Now there's only one person left to deal with. Right @Snarky Oracle ?

Angela's Cauldron

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Pam should have been 50% Latino. Texas has a large Latino population (roughly 50%) but you couldn't tell that from the almost exclusively white cast. Pam would have been the most obvious prominent character to have been cast with a Latina actress.

Grant's Tomb

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Pam should have been 50% Latino. Texas has a large Latino population (roughly 50%) but you couldn't tell that from the almost exclusively white cast. Pam would have been the most obvious prominent character to have been cast with a Latina actress.
Would Digger or Rebecca have been Latino? I think it should be Digger for the reason I posted above (the Southworth's disapproving of the relationship with Ellie). Rebecca could have been a lily-white girl from the wrong side of the tracks who marries well after leaving Digger. This does raise an issue with the ethnicity of Hutch McKinney, I suppose the most logical solution is for Hutch to be Latino, too.

Angela's Cauldron

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Would Digger or Rebecca have been Latino? I think it should be Digger for the reason I posted above (the Southworth's disapproving of the relationship with Ellie). Rebecca could have been a lily-white girl from the wrong side of the tracks who marries well after leaving Digger. This does raise an issue with the ethnicity of Hutch McKinney, I suppose the most logical solution is for Hutch to be Latino, too.
I like the idea of the entire Barnes family being Latino.

Via The Void

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I don't like this idea at all sorry.

Victoria played the role as a Caucasian female.

A bit feisty and as an outsider. I don't like the idea of her being one quarter Mexican otherwise when she left Dallas she would have bought Uncle Ben's instead of introducing her skin care range!! ;)

In reality of course, Ben's Original formerly Uncle Ben's is owned by the Stivers family!! :D

chilli con carne Ben's Original1.png

Last edited:

pete lashmar

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
If you spell Pam backwards you get MAP...Pam IS the world's oldest, greatest secret to find the lost treasures of Whocanfuukanburgen.