Telly Talk Memorial : What's wrong with you today?

Witchard Changeling

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Feeling sick? Tired? Got a fever? Perhaps you have a rash or a new STI ? Have you been in an accident that wasn't your fault?

We already know what you had for dinner, what was the last film you watched and what random things you hate, but we don't have a thread yet to talk about any current ailments you might be facing, so here it is.

1619303180028.png

Witchard Changeling

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I'm suffering today with some self inflicted wounds. Last night before bed I was very tired and I thought I'll just take some of my vitamin B 12 drops before bed. But I grabbed the wrong bottle and instead squirted a pipette full of iodine under my tongue. It started burning immediately and my tongue turned black. After much swishing of salt water I finally got rid of it but was left very raw and tender under the tongue. Today it's been very painful to eat but it's gradually got better as the day has gone on. What an idiot....:rolleyes:

Weenie Halloson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Dear Dr. Richard Chamberlain, I mean Channing.

I'm suffering emotionally because I'm in love with a man but he happens to be married to my rich bitch sister.
What should I do, in all my innocence? I don't want to upset anyone but the love is so strong!

Posted by Anonymous

Snarky Oracle

Telly Talk Oracle
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
Okay, here goes:

I've had a rough three months, preceded by a year with sciatica (which now seems like a breeze in comparison). I let my blood sugar get out of control, as a result I fell twice (emergency vehicles had to be called three different times -- the last time after I writhed around the floor for five hours unable to get to a phone until I was finally able to crawl out the door and onto the porch to yell "help!" to my lovely British neighbors who, aware I was on the descent, called an ambulance .... five vehicles showed up, sirens blazing .... oh, the melodrama).

Turns out I'd fractured my hip (my parents both broke their hips, but they were in their 80s and it happened only months before they died --- but I'm only in my fifties! thirties!!!) My bladder was also dramatically distended due to a swollen prostate, I had to be catheterized which bled bright red for two days as was evidenced in my urine bag, and I was in the hospital for 5 days --- and the bill was still less than I would have paid in insurance premiums had I not dropped my coverage several years ago.

After my stay, I convalesced at my sister-in-law's house for almost a week, and then went home to a home I'd left in a wreck given my ordeal, unable to physically or mentally conjure the strength or will to straighten it all up. I've been rotting in isolation ever since, gradually regaining some strength, but I still have problems... Catheterized and un catheterized again, I'll likely be facing prostate surgery (if I'm lucky). I'll probably survive, but I'm not sure I'm all that crazy about the idea --- I'd hoped to enter my sixties as an energetic, vital person, but that now appears increasingly unlikely; at least not in the way I'd envisioned. And my body and my skin have aged more in the last 8 to 10 months than ever before... I guess that eventually happens, even when you're healthy, but what a bitch!!

And did you know they give insulin to Type 2s and not just Type 1s?? You're supposed to inject yourself in the tummy... I'm also delaying starting on the metformin because I can't handle the diarrhea.

TMI??

I'm still trying to find a way to blame all on JfL, but I haven't got it worked out yet.

"This star is fading fast...!"

Biggie

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Happy Gilmore
@Snarky's Ghost I just read your post twice as there's plenty of bad juju (not making light of what you are dealing with) going on with you. I'm Type 2 and didn't know that insulin is use for Type 2.

The Metformin is something I use and the side effect you mentioned is life altering. Now using motorway services facilities, supermarket stalls and the like are intense situation I know well.

Wishing you better days to come.

Snarky Oracle

Telly Talk Oracle
LV

Reaction score
Awards
@Snarky's Ghost I just read your post twice as there's plenty of bad juju (not making light of what you are dealing with) going on with you. I'm Type 2 and didn't know that insulin is use for Type 2.

The Metformin is something I use and the side effect you mentioned is life altering. Now using motorway services facilities, supermarket stalls and the like are intense situation I know well.

Wishing you better days to come.

Yes, I've pretty much graduated into Mess Status as I've entered the home stretch. I simply won't put up with those side effects if they manifest with me -- I just won't do it. I've eliminated basically all carbohydrates from my diet, and if that won't do the job, to heck with it. It's not like I'm 25 with a lot of life ahead of me, after all. I'll do the prostate surgery if I have to, but that and strict diet control is about it. (My work-outs have fallen off to zilch).

You get tired, and survival becomes less important the older you get.... especially when things seem to be fighting you on it. Not that I'm at death's door, mind you. We recently lost a lovely poster here who was really sick. I'm just moaning about old age crap which is partly self-induced.

Jack O'Lantern Jimmy

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Okay, here goes:

I've had a rough three months, preceded by a year with sciatica (which now seems like a breeze in comparison). I let my blood sugar get out of control, as a result I fell twice (emergency vehicles had to be called three different times -- the last time after I writhed around the floor for five hours unable to get to a phone until I was finally able to crawl out the door and onto the porch to yell "help!" to my lovely British neighbors who, aware I was on the descent, called an ambulance .... five vehicles showed up, sirens blazing .... oh, the melodrama).

Turns out I'd fractured my hip (my parents both broke their hips, but they were in their 80s and it happened only months before they died --- but I'm only in my fifties! thirties!!!) My bladder was also dramatically distended due to a swollen prostate, I had to be catheterized which bled bright red for two days as was evidenced in my urine bag, and I was in the hospital for 5 days --- and the bill was still less than I would have paid in insurance premiums had I not dropped my coverage several years ago.

After my stay, I convalesced at my sister-in-law's house for almost a week, and then went home to a home I'd left in a wreck given my ordeal, unable to physically or mentally conjure the strength or will to straighten it all up. I've been rotting in isolation ever since, gradually regaining some strength, but I still have problems... Catheterized and un catheterized again, I'll likely be facing prostate surgery (if I'm lucky). I'll probably survive, but I'm not sure I'm all that crazy about the idea --- I'd hoped to enter my sixties as an energetic, vital person, but that now appears increasingly unlikely; at least not in the way I'd envisioned. And my body and my skin have aged more in the last 8 to 10 months than ever before... I guess that eventually happens, even when you're healthy, but what a bitch!!

And did you know they give insulin to Type 2s and not just Type 1s?? You're supposed to inject yourself in the tummy... I'm also delaying starting on the metformin because I can't handle the diarrhea.

TMI??

I'm still trying to find a way to blame all on JfL, but I haven't got it worked out yet.

"This star is fading fast...!"
I'm sending you a cyber hug. This is so hard for you and I wish you the best.

Witchard Changeling

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Dear Dr. Richard Chamberlain, I mean Channing.

I'm suffering emotionally because I'm in love with a man but he happens to be married to my rich bitch sister.
What should I do, in all my innocence? I don't want to upset anyone but the love is so strong!

Posted by Anonymous

Hmmmm, yes I can see that's quite a predicament you're in. Does your sister have a staircase? Have you considered strategically placed marbles??

Daniel Gravely

Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
The Man In the Ironic Mask

Dear "Anonymous":
In most cases I would simply advise you that he's not worth it---that you will be better off forgetting him and starting a new life elsewhere. But in this case I advise you to shoot the bastard. He won't die, of course, and framing your drunkard sister for the crime won't work. But while the plan will ultimately be unsuccessful, shooting him will make you the most famous woman in the world for a few months. Your name will be on the lips of every TV viewer in the world. You might even end up as a subject of a Trivial Pursuit question.

Oh, and it might make you feel a bit better to know your 'rich bitch sister' will be made even more miserable by him than you ever dreamed of being. Why do you think she became such a lush?
---DA

Witchard Changeling

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I've eliminated basically all carbohydrates from my diet, and if that won't do the job,

Sorry to hear about your ongoing ordeal Snarky. You've really been through the ringer by the sounds of things.

So have you gone full Keto or you are just cutting out carbs?

Snarky Oracle

Telly Talk Oracle
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Sorry to hear about your ongoing ordeal Snarky. You've really been through the ringer by the sounds of things.

So have you gone full Keto or you are just cutting out carbs?

Oh, I'm just whining... I'm pretty much just cutting the carbs, bringing them down to very low levels.