Telly Talk's Favourite Thread Of All Time: Round Three votes and winner (threads from 2018)

Mel O'Drama

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
It's time for Round Three of voting to find our favourite threads of all time, based on a concept by @Angela Channing. This time we're focussing on threads which began in 2018.

EVERYONE CAN VOTE for one of the choices in the poll. You don't need to have participated in any of the threads, and you're not committing to anything other than a click to make your vote, but your reasons for voting or any comments about the nominated threads below would be welcomed.

You can vote for just one choice, and all threads have links so you can check them out, as well as the reasons members gave for nominating these threads.

Voting will run for two weeks, until 25th June, (10am GMT) after which our 2018 winner will be crowned. The winner(s) will return later in our Champion Of Champions vote to decide our ultimate Telly Talk thread of all time.

Soap Chat Big Brother 2018
Thread starter: @Ome
Nominated by: @Angela Channing
The thread that started Soap Chat Big Brother because participating and following that game was so much fun.

In the Spotlight with...
Nominated by: @Long Lashes
This was a great idea and gave everyone the opportunity to participate and list 20 favourite songs which other members then rated. It was interesting to listen to other members choices and also to see how they rated my own.

What titles are in your Netflix/Amazon etc list?
Thread starter: @Willie Oleson
Nominated by: @Ome
A great place to check out what other members are currently or planning on watching. I'd love to see it back in action again; maybe this nomination might spur members to continue sharing their plans.

Filming Locations (Knots Landing)
Thread starter: @micmic
Nominated by: @Mel O'Drama
it's been a very enlightening thread and has had me on Google Earth for many an hour, walking the virtual streets. Thanks to @TJP's illustrated contributions it turned into an encyclopaedic beast of a thread, worth visiting for anyone who's watched Knots or is interested in locations in general.

The Colbys writer Paul Huson has agreed to an interview with me
Thread starter: @Alexis
Nominated by: @Willie Oleson
Reason: I think this is self-explanatory

The "I learned something today" thread
Thread starter: @Richard Channing
Nominated by: @Angela Channing
Long before it became a thing on Tik Tok, this thread was a place where forum members could post interesting facts on a diverse range of subjects that only just became known to them

Plots that never surfaced on the show
Thread starter: @cardiff1984
Nominated by: @Willie Oleson
Actually it's a top 10 rather than a Dream Season thread, and it's the first top 10 without a top 5. I think that's quite...unique.

Best selling Christmas hits in the UK
Nominated by: @Long Lashes
I enjoyed these Christmas countdowns because not only did they bring back memories, they also added to the special Christmas atmosphere on here . I wish I could remember all the music chart lists which @Ome complied on the old site pre-crash, a lot of time and work went into those fact filled threads.

Vote in good health. And remember... you can still nominate your other favourite threads for future rounds (threads which began January 2019-December 2021) here.

bmasters9

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I said Spotlight because I got to tell people a good bit more about me.

Mel O'Drama

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Voting has closed.

It was a close one this time, and @Ome has prevailed against some fierce competition to win Round Three's Thread Of The Year. And a great choice, since it's one that involves getting to know other members really well.

Congratulations, Ome. Your award and points are flying their way to you as I type.

Round Four will begin in a week or so, and will focus on threads started by members in 2019. You can nominate your favourites, including threads from 2020 and 2021 by following this link. All nominations will automatically go into the voting round, so it's well worth it.

Long Lashes

Telly Talk Enforcer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Congratulations to all the thread starters nominated in this round and especially to the winner @Ome!

Round Four will begin in a week or so, and will focus on threads started by members in 2019.
Thanks Mel for doing all this. Will there be an ultimate round at the end between all the thread winners?

Mel O'Drama

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Congratulations to all the thread starters nominated in this round and especially to the winner @Ome!

Oh yes. I forgot to say congratulations to everyone, and huge thanks to those who took the time to nominate a thread.

And congratulations to you, too, LL, since this round's winner was one that you nominated.

Thanks Mel for doing all this.

My pleasure. I'm enjoying seeing which threads are put forward.

Unfortunately, our next round looks very thin on the ground in terms of nominations. Only two of the threads nominated so far are from 2019. I'm debating doing a double-bill with 2020 which only has four nominations. But, who knows, perhaps we'll get a last minute rush of new nominations!! ;)

Will there be an ultimate round at the end between all the thread winners?

Oh yes, absolutely. One of our winners is going to end up with a second award.