Texas Moves To Overturn Marriage Equality

Grant Jennings

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Having outlawed abortion in their state (and potentially overturning Roe v. Wade) Texas legislators are now attempting to overturn marriage equality. https://www.advocate.com/news/2021/...anti-marriage-equality-law--valid-james-white
Texas.jpg
A Texas school district has suspended several male students because their hair was too long (they believe short hair for men and boys reflects their "community standards"). https://www.axios.com/aclu-sues-tex...air-ddc415d1-6ee7-4326-a8db-9e4086d176ff.html

Last edited:

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
it;s amazing how stupid Texas is and i'm not talking about everyone in the state either no doubt there are people on here who live there and it's nothing really against the state it's the people who run it. they want women not to have any say about anything at all these guys and i have a hard time believing any of this has a woman involved but who knows maybe i'm wrong on that. these are old guys who haven't gotten any sex since Washington was in office cause that's how old they are they were around in the 1950's no doubt or they want it to be the 50's if they are young guys.

yet none of them were taught that women are our equals men aren't better than women nor are women better than men either. i have a lot of women friends and in fact i have more than i do have guy friends & i think it's just plain wrong that they are taking women's rights away from them weather it's abortion or an equal say if they are married to someone. i have no problem saying that guys can be idiots plenty of times and so can women at times too so to me this is them saying the husband is always in the right when he clearly isn't. if i offended anyone here i apologize i wasn't trying to but in this day and age it's hard to tell what offends someone these days

supermanfan

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
That is not right you love who you love and that is nothing to be ashamed of!

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I cam assure you, Texas is as gay as any other place -- maybe more so.... But what does that have to do with politics?

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
Really really don't like saying that 'Texas' is stupid - I know what you are trying to say but there are a lot of decent people there. It's the politicians that are making these decisions and perhaps on some level the people who are voting for them but it's a really wonderful, beautiful state with a lot of good about it.