The Crime Aspect

stevew

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Yes it couldn't have felt like Dallas to them as it didn't feel like Dallas watching it. But it must have been nice to be working with each other again. I'm sure they just figured, it's a script and CC must know what she's doing. And while I think she might have in her own work, the fact that she didn't feel loyal to the original tells me she didn't. Maybe on a reboot she'd have been the right choice, but I felt it was painfully obvious on a continuation she was not. Maybe no one could have done the job. Thought I think David Jacobs, from what I read, would have. I still think he should be hired to consult if they choose to do another continuation or even a reboot. To me it would stand a chance of being better but it's also an issue of respect.

Luke_Krebbs_Ewing

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy
Yes it couldn't have felt like Dallas to them as it didn't feel like Dallas watching it. But it must have been nice to be working with each other again. I'm sure they just figured, it's a script and CC must know what she's doing. And while I think she might have in her own work, the fact that she didn't feel loyal to the original tells me she didn't. Maybe on a reboot she'd have been the right choice, but I felt it was painfully obvious on a continuation she was not. Maybe no one could have done the job. Thought I think David Jacobs, from what I read, would have. I still think he should be hired to consult if they choose to do another continuation or even a reboot. To me it would stand a chance of being better but it's also an issue of respect.

If any other continuation series or a complete new re-boot were to occur then they should definitely have David Jacobs involved as a matter of respect. After all Jacob's created Dallas and should be involved in any return of the show to television. :)