The establishment's deliberate perversion of the gay rights movement

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
This video already went viral -- a somewhat convincing trans man who weeps about how "lonely" being a man is compared to being a woman, something sher didn't realize until after transitioning. And while they make a plea for understanding, they still blame it all on white, straight cis-gender males because all the criticism of them is totally "valid" and also attributes women's ease in developing friendships to their innate openness, depth and maturity which, apparently, men just lack.

But now that sher is one -- a man -- some tolerance is in order.

(There are a couple of other shrieky people near the end -- I'm not sure what their beef is).

Last edited by a moderator:

Frank Underwood

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
This video already went viral -- a somewhat convincing trans man who weeps about how "lonely" being a man is compared to being a woman, something sher didn't realize until after transitioning. And while they make a plea for understanding, they still blame it all on white, straight cis-gender males because all the criticism of them is totally "valid" and also attributes women's ease in developing friendships to their innate openness, depth and maturity which, apparently, men just lack.

But now that sher is one -- a man -- some tolerance is in order.

(There are a couple of other shrieky people near the end -- I'm not sure what their beef is).

Elliot Page claimed to have developed a case of shingles on a movie set from working with "a cast full of cis men" prior to transitioning.

It's odd to me how trans people generally want to be seen as equal with their cis-gender counterparts, while also seemingly harboring resentment towards them.

And didn't the stereotype used to be that women all hate each other, while men are capable of having strong friendships? I can't keep up anymore.

Last edited:

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Elliot Page claimed to have developed a case of shingles on a movie set from working with "a cast full of cis men" prior to transitioning.

It's odd to me how trans people generally want to be seen as equal with their cis-gender counterparts, while also seemingly harboring resentment towards them.

And didn't the stereotype used to be that women all hate each other, while men are capable of having strong friendships with each other? I can't keep up anymore.

Well, at least, at the end of the day, you know you're a "phobe."

It's comforting, really.

Frank Underwood

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I can't stand those alphabet words. I won't nothing to do with that 'movement', my gayness is a solitary thing.
I believe most movements start with good intentions, but they usually end up evolving into hive-minded ideologies with an agenda. This often leads to monolithic thinking. For example, you can be gay, bisexual, or trans, but there are people within that community who will shun you if you don't think the same as they do on every issue. George Carlin once said he liked people individually, but not in groups. As he put it, they always form agendas once they start to "clot up." Some people treat sexuality and gender identity like they're defining characteristics of a person, rather than just one of many traits.

Last edited:

RandallAdams

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I believe most movements start with good intentions, but they usually end up evolving into hive-minded ideologies with an agenda. This often leads to monolithic thinking. For example, you can be gay, bisexual, or trans, but there are people within that community who will shun you if you don't think the same as they do on every issue. George Carlin once said he liked people individually, but not in groups. As he put it, they always form agendas once they start to "clot up." Some people treat sexuality and gender identity like they're defining characteristics of a person, rather than just one of many traits.

Those people are obsessive about their sexual or racial identities because they basically have nothing going on outside of that. It's gotten to the point now where they want to feel terminally victimised in order to feel anything at all. Vacuous and narcissistic. Everything in their lives is concerned only with the self and external validation of whatever grandiose self-image they've concocted.

Last edited:

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I believe most movements start with good intentions, but they usually end up evolving into hive-minded ideologies with an agenda.
Those people are obsessive about their sexual or racial identities because they basically have nothing going on outside of that. It's gotten to the point now where they want to feel terminally victimised in order to feel anything at all. Vacuous and narcissistic. Everything in their lives is concerned only with the self and external validation of whatever grandiose self-image they've concocted.

I think it's important not to forget why various movements begin in the first place. Often it's in response to the bigotry and hostility experienced by a group in the wider society. That was the catalyst that lead to the creation of many LGBT+ and anti-black racism groups.

When people are attacked they seek safety, strength and support from people they perceive to be like them. By being forced to retreat to those groups, their opinions can become more polarised or more "obsessive" . I don't think that's the fault of those groups but the bigotry that make those groups necessary.

Frank Underwood

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I think it's important not to forget why various movements begin in the first place. Often it's in response to the bigotry and hostility experienced by a group in the wider society. That was the catalyst that lead to the creation of many LGBT+ and anti-black racism groups.
Of course. As I said, these movements are often well intentioned in the beginning.

When people are attacked they seek safety, strength and support from people they perceive to be like them. By being forced to retreat to those groups, their opinions can become more polarised or more "obsessive" . I don't think that's the fault of those groups but the bigotry that make those groups necessary.
I think that's a fair point. However, the byproduct is still cliquish and exclusionary behavior, which pretty much goes unaddressed.

IMO, it's not right that people are only considered "worthy" of being part of a community (or an ally) if they think and vote a certain way.

Last edited:

Frank Underwood

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Anybody else notice a barrage of articles and videos in your news feed telling you that some group or institution is sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, etc.?

I've noticed it a lot over the last few years. It's an obvious tactic designed to cause division, which is why I always roll my eyes at it. This spoof of it is pretty funny, though.

Comedian Ryan Long’s SAVAGE Vice News Parody!