• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

The Ewing Legacy

stevew

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended.

This fic takes place approximately two years after "Conundrum" and the end of the original "Dallas" series. It completely disregards both the movie specials and the TNT revival.

The Ewing Legacy

Part Five:

"It's so wonderful to see them together again," Sue Ellen smiled, watching her son and her nephew play a video game.

She and John Ross had arrived in Switzerland earlier in the day. When Bobby and Christopher had flown in, they'd come straight to her hotel room so the boys could see each other.

"They miss each other a lot," Bobby sighed.

"We should make more effort to arrange visits for them."

"Yes. You know, part of me hoped that since you and Don are divorcing, you'd consider coming home. But now, with JR back out on the loose…"

"Have you seen him? Since he's been out?"

"Yes. I went by his condo yesterday. He slammed the door in my face."

"I suppose he's very bitter. He was away for a long time and none of us tried to help him."

"I tried. He told me to leave him alone. Besides Sue Ellen, he committed himself in those places voluntarily. No one forced him."

"You don't think he'll try to hurt himself again, do you?"

"I'm not even sure he was trying to hurt himself two years ago. JR is an experienced gun owner. If he wanted to shoot himself, hard to see how he got a mirror instead."

"Yes. I suppose so."

"Look, let's not ruin a perfectly pleasant visit talking about JR. Tell me all about this new movie you have coming out. Or about John Ross's school. Or about the foundation you're trying to set up. Talk to me about anything except JR Ewing."

"You got a deal," Sue Ellen smiled at him. "No more about JR from me!"

The co-conspirator hung up the payphone and darted across the street. Everything was going perfectly. JR had done his part and given the information on Barnes to Donna. And the whole Ewing family had descended in Switzerland like the black plague.

That had been so easy to arrange. Ray and Jenna were so gullible that they thought the whole thing was their idea. All it had taken was one tiny remark about Miss Ellie's birthday and how much she would like to see her family. Next thing you know, Ray and Jenna had a whole family reunion planned.

"You got my money?"

The co-conspirator jumped a little, then handed the man a thick envelope. "Here. You really shouldn't sneak up on people like that."

"I'm a private investigator. Being sneaky is my job."

"Everything set?"

"Yes. She goes to the same doctor once a week, every week. You can see the office from the cafe across the street."

"So all I have to do is keep everyone here until Monday and somehow get some of them to the cafe."

"That's right. You need anything else from me?"

"Not at the moment. But stay available, just in case."

The investigator nodded and stuck the envelope.in his pocket. "Long as you pay this well, I'll always be available."

JR chugged down his bourbon and grimaced.

His whole family was together. But no one had seen fit to give him an invitation to celebrate his mother's birthday.

And that was just fine by him. Soon enough, they would all have such huge problems that JR Ewing would be the least of their worries.

The plan to take down Cliff was already in motion. His partner was on the ground in Switzerland, laying groundwork that would unleash hell on the Ewings.

All JR had to do now was figure out how to squirm his way back into Sue Ellen's life.

It would be hard this time. It had been so long since he'd seen her and there was such much ugly bitterness between them now. She wasn't likely to welcome him back into her life without a fight.

He picked up the picture on his desk and smiled down at his ex-wife. "That's alright, Miss Texas. I always loved a good fight from you."

At first I thought, how could they keep this “co-conspirator” a secret on camera but I can see a shadow figure and a disguised voice, neither male or female. I think it could work and drag us along. So far, much better than the movie we saw, imo.

stevew

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended.

This fic takes place approximately two years after "Conundrum" and the end of the original "Dallas" series. It completely disregards both the movie specials and the TNT revival.

The Ewing Legacy

Part Six:

Sue Ellen sat on the living room sofa, drinking tea. She and John Ross had had a lovely reunion with Ray and Jenna and the rest of the family was arriving one by one. Soon everyone would be here and Clayton would be bringing Miss Ellie home to the sweetest surprise of her life.

James hadn't arrived yet. And Sue Ellen would be lying to herself if she said she wasn't nervous about how she was going to react.

James was a sore spot for her. Not because he was JR's son. The fact was Sue Ellen was smart enough to always suspect JR had bastards out there. No, it was because JR had pushed John Ross aside for James. And…

And JR had traipsed all over Dallas telling anyone who would listen that Vanessa Beaumont had been the love of his life. When she'd heard about that, Sue Ellen's heart had been shattered. She didn't understand why she even cared. But she did.

She cared very deeply.

"I saw JR yesterday."

"What?" Bobby's eyes widened and he turned to look at his ex-sister-in-law.

"He came prancing into my office with a folder full of evidence that Cliff Barnes was working with Asian oil suppliers to keep the price of crude artificially low."

"What? Why would Cliff do that?"

"I don't know. Seems like it would hurt Ewing Oil. But if it's true,Bobby, he's violated at least a dozen laws. And we're talking felonies."

"And JR just gave you this?"

"He did."

"He's making a move to get Ewing Oil back."

"That's what Andrew and I think too. How do you feel about that?"

"Not sure," Bobby shrugged. "But you know it's never sat right with me that Cliff has my daddy's company. And I saw his suitcase. I'm just glad his trip was to DC and not to here."

"JR would never show up here, would he?"

"Nothing is beneath JR Ewing, Donna," Bobby growled. "Absolutely nothing. You'd do well to remember that. We all would."

"Thank you all for being here," Ellie brushed a tear of joy away from her face. "It means more than I could ever tell you. This is one of the happiest days of my life."

"Here, here!" Clayton raised his glass. "A toast to the Ewings. And a toast to the beautiful birthday girl!"

"Here, here!" The family said back in unison, raising their glasses and drinking.

"Come on, Grandma!" Christopher rushed forward. "Let's open your presents!"

"Okay, okay," she laughed, letting the boy drag her to the sofa.

Sue Ellen smiled and took a seat across the room, full of joy watching her son and her nephew helping Miss Ellie open her gifts.

"May I join you?"

Sue Ellen stiffened when she looked up and saw James standing over her. "I suppose," she shrugged.

"Look, I know this is awkward. But this is my family too. And John Ross is my brother."

"I'm very well aware of that."

"I don't want any trouble between us, Mrs. Lockwood. I only came because Ray insisted Miss Ellie would want me here."

"You can call me Sue Ellen," she sighed. "And there won't be any trouble."

"Good. Because I'd like to be a part of my brother's life."

"I...I don't know if that's possible. It's not about you, James. You can't help who you are. But your mother…"

"Wishes she'd never heard of JR Ewing."

"Really?" Sue Ellen rolled her eyes. "Hard to believe she isn't interested in a relationship with her one true love."

"Well, it was pretty painful for her when she figured out the truth about JR."

"What truth? That he's a snake?"

"That. Yes. But mostly that JR Ewing has only really loved one woman in his entire life. And that woman sure as hell isn't my mother."

Sue Ellen was too stunned to reply. She sat staring at him, her eyes wide.

"And I'll tell you something else. JR has three sons. But only one he really cares about. And it sure as hell isn't me."

James reached out and lightly touched her hand. "My mother is no threat to you. And I'm no threat to your son."

He got up and walked away, leaving a dumbfounded Sue Ellen to stare blankly after him.

JR closed the folder and rubbed his temples.

He couldn't see any easy way back into her life.

She had built a nice little life for herself. Her movie studio was very profitable. She had plenty of money. Plenty of friends and connections too. She was even trying to start a foundation for providing educational opportunities for impoverished children.

She didn't need him.

And he was damn sure she didn't want him.

"How do I get back in, Miss Texas?" He muttered to himself. "You have to have a weakness. And I damn sure intend to find out what that weakness is."

I wasn’t a fan of James’s but a small role like this is warranted.

stevew

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
It’s going well. I really like the secret idea and it lets you keep stringing people along. So many questions and that’s good, every good!

K

Karin Schill

I am glad JR tried to make contact with Sue Ellen. Typical that he got Lucy on the phone and she refused to let Sue Ellen talk to him to start with.
The ending when JR/SE finally had a talk on the phone and Sue Ellen told him she was glad he was out of the nuthouse was good.

Now I'm curious as to what JR's next move will be...

CeeCee72

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
At first I thought, how could they keep this “co-conspirator” a secret on camera but I can see a shadow figure and a disguised voice, neither male or female. I think it could work and drag us along. So far, much better than the movie we saw, imo.
That's an excellent point about how it could be filmed! Honestly not sure it could be unless like you said they used well placed shadows and voice disguise.

CeeCee72

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards

The Ewing Legacy

Part Twelve:

Lucy put the phone down and silently counted down to ten.

Talking to her mother was always stressful, but today's conversation had been more tense than usual.

Val had called to ask her to please come to California. Being around the whole family had been difficult for Gary, and Val was concerned about his dark mood. Gary hadn't had a drink in years, but Val was suddenly seeing all the warning signs.

But it wasn't Lucy's problem.

After her last divorce from Mitch, she'd tried hard to patch things up with her parents. But it had been a disastrous exercise in futility. They had their own lives, and two small children to raise. Lucy felt unwelcome and unwanted and had left California, determined never to put herself through that kind of emotional turmoil again.

She loved her parents, but they had made it clear she had no real place in their life and she wasn't going to drop everything to run back and baby her father into doing the right thing.

"Not my circus, not my monkeys."

"Miss Ellie? Clayton was looking for you."

Ellie looked up and smiled at her step son. "I just needed some fresh air."

Ray nodded and moved to sit beside her on the back porch. "It's peaceful out here. I've always loved this view."

"You and Jenna have a lovely place. I so appreciate you two welcoming us into your home the way you have."

"You know you're always welcome here, Miss Ellie."

"Yes. Yes I do."

"Miss Ellie, forgive me for prying, but you seem a little sad."

"Do I? I guess maybe I am a little sad, Ray. Having everyone here for my birthday was wonderful, but for the first time I had to confront how far apart we've all grown. Bobby and Donna seemed uncomfortable, which I suppose is only natural, given the history between them and you and Jenna. Gary seemed almost hostile. Sue Ellen looked lost. Lucy was sullen. I didn't even have a chance to speak to James very much. His whole family seemed awkward. And JR wasn't even here."

"Well, I won't deny we have a lot of problems. But we're family. We'll always be there for each other when it counts."

"Will we?" She smiled sadly. "I wonder, Ray. I really do."

"Come on, Miss Ellie, everyone showed up for you didn't they?"

Ellie turned to fully face him and shook her head. "They were all here because they felt obligated. And I...if Jock were alive today he would be so disappointed. I abandoned our home, our family. Instead of staying and fighting for my family, I ran away and hid here with you."

"Miss Ellie…"

She held up her hand and cut him off. "I know what I did, Ray. And I know what Jock would think of me. I don't want to talk about it anymore. Not right now anyway."

Ray watched her turn and walk back into the house. He was almost relieved she didn't want to talk about it. As much as he loved that woman, he knew she was right. If Jock Ewing was around, he'd be furious with them all.

"Jimmy, put that down! Jesus!"

James snatched the basketball from his son's hands and groaned. "You know you're not supposed to play ball in the house!"

Jimmy rolled his eyes and took off running down the hall. James was about to go after him when the phone rang. He walked into the kitchen and snatched the phone off the wall. "Hello?"

"James? I'm sorry to intrude. I hope I didn't catch you at a bad time. This is Sue Ellen Lockwood."

"Yes, ma'am," James tried not to choke on his shock. "It's... it's not a bad time. Is everything okay? Is John Ross alright?"

"He's fine," Sue Ellen assured him, "everything is fine. I just wanted to...I needed to ask you…"

"What is it?"

"Has your father called you recently?"

"JR? No. Why?"

"I just...he called and asked if he could speak to John Ross. I guess I just wanted to know if he was reaching out to you as well."

"I told you in Switzerland. JR has no use for me and I'm not a threat to your son."

"I'm sorry. I should have never called you. It was very inappropriate and I apologize."

"Look, Mrs. Lockwood, it's not inappropriate. It's just a bit of a surprise is all."

"Yes. I can imagine. I'm a bit surprised about the whole thing myself."

"Are you going to let him speak to John Ross?"

"I haven't decided," Sue Ellen said truthfully.

"Would you ever consider letting me speak to John Ross?"

"I...I honestly don't know."

"He's my brother," James reminded her. "I'd like to be a part of his life."

"James, I'm so sorry...I just can't…"

"It's alright," James sighed heavily. "But don't say no. Not yet. Just think about it, okay?"

*I will. I promise."

The line went dead and James hung up the phone. He closed his eyes and tried to remain calm. Sue Ellen Lockwood had a lot of guts, he'd give her that. Calling him out of the blue to make sure it was HER son and her son ONLY that JR wanted in his life.

"What a messed up family," he grumbled to himself. He was lucky Debra Lynn had come back into his life and taken him away from that nut house.

"They're all crazy. Every single one of them."

"Bobby still chasing his tail?"

"Yes. He and Ray are meeting with a PI tomorrow. He'll be busy for a while. You talked to Sue Ellen?"

"I did," JR confirmed. "She's supposed to get back to me in a couple of days."

"Don't let her take too long. Senator Dowling will be calling his committee together soon. We have to have everything in place before he does."

"Don't you worry. I'll have Sue Ellen and John Ross eating out of the palm of my hand by then."

"You'd better, JR. I've been planning this for years. Don't screw it up."

JR didn't have a chance to reply. His partner hung up without another word.

He laughed to himself at the sheer brazenness. JR had been playing these games long before his co-conspirator ever even stepped up to the table. When all this was over and the smoke cleared, he intended to be the winner - the SOLE winner. His new partner was going to learn a hard lesson about playing with JR Ewing.

He walked over to his desk and touched the picture of Sue Ellen and John Ross that he kept there.

Talking to her had brought long repressed emotions back to the surface for him.

He needed her because he needed John Ross.

But he also needed her because deep down, he knew she was the only woman he would truly ever care for. And he was damn sure she was the only woman who would ever really love him.

He needed her to get Ewing Oil back.

But he was determined to hang onto her once he got what he wanted.

After all, he saw no good reason to give her up ever again.

stevew

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
That's an excellent point about how it could be filmed! Honestly not sure it could be unless like you said they used well placed shadows and voice disguise.
I honestly think it would have worked.

stevew

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards

The Ewing Legacy

Part Twelve:

Lucy put the phone down and silently counted down to ten.

Talking to her mother was always stressful, but today's conversation had been more tense than usual.

Val had called to ask her to please come to California. Being around the whole family had been difficult for Gary, and Val was concerned about his dark mood. Gary hadn't had a drink in years, but Val was suddenly seeing all the warning signs.

But it wasn't Lucy's problem.

After her last divorce from Mitch, she'd tried hard to patch things up with her parents. But it had been a disastrous exercise in futility. They had their own lives, and two small children to raise. Lucy felt unwelcome and unwanted and had left California, determined never to put herself through that kind of emotional turmoil again.

She loved her parents, but they had made it clear she had no real place in their life and she wasn't going to drop everything to run back and baby her father into doing the right thing.

"Not my circus, not my monkeys."

"Miss Ellie? Clayton was looking for you."

Ellie looked up and smiled at her step son. "I just needed some fresh air."

Ray nodded and moved to sit beside her on the back porch. "It's peaceful out here. I've always loved this view."

"You and Jenna have a lovely place. I so appreciate you two welcoming us into your home the way you have."

"You know you're always welcome here, Miss Ellie."

"Yes. Yes I do."

"Miss Ellie, forgive me for prying, but you seem a little sad."

"Do I? I guess maybe I am a little sad, Ray. Having everyone here for my birthday was wonderful, but for the first time I had to confront how far apart we've all grown. Bobby and Donna seemed uncomfortable, which I suppose is only natural, given the history between them and you and Jenna. Gary seemed almost hostile. Sue Ellen looked lost. Lucy was sullen. I didn't even have a chance to speak to James very much. His whole family seemed awkward. And JR wasn't even here."

"Well, I won't deny we have a lot of problems. But we're family. We'll always be there for each other when it counts."

"Will we?" She smiled sadly. "I wonder, Ray. I really do."

"Come on, Miss Ellie, everyone showed up for you didn't they?"

Ellie turned to fully face him and shook her head. "They were all here because they felt obligated. And I...if Jock were alive today he would be so disappointed. I abandoned our home, our family. Instead of staying and fighting for my family, I ran away and hid here with you."

"Miss Ellie…"

She held up her hand and cut him off. "I know what I did, Ray. And I know what Jock would think of me. I don't want to talk about it anymore. Not right now anyway."

Ray watched her turn and walk back into the house. He was almost relieved she didn't want to talk about it. As much as he loved that woman, he knew she was right. If Jock Ewing was around, he'd be furious with them all.

"Jimmy, put that down! Jesus!"

James snatched the basketball from his son's hands and groaned. "You know you're not supposed to play ball in the house!"

Jimmy rolled his eyes and took off running down the hall. James was about to go after him when the phone rang. He walked into the kitchen and snatched the phone off the wall. "Hello?"

"James? I'm sorry to intrude. I hope I didn't catch you at a bad time. This is Sue Ellen Lockwood."

"Yes, ma'am," James tried not to choke on his shock. "It's... it's not a bad time. Is everything okay? Is John Ross alright?"

"He's fine," Sue Ellen assured him, "everything is fine. I just wanted to...I needed to ask you…"

"What is it?"

"Has your father called you recently?"

"JR? No. Why?"

"I just...he called and asked if he could speak to John Ross. I guess I just wanted to know if he was reaching out to you as well."

"I told you in Switzerland. JR has no use for me and I'm not a threat to your son."

"I'm sorry. I should have never called you. It was very inappropriate and I apologize."

"Look, Mrs. Lockwood, it's not inappropriate. It's just a bit of a surprise is all."

"Yes. I can imagine. I'm a bit surprised about the whole thing myself."

"Are you going to let him speak to John Ross?"

"I haven't decided," Sue Ellen said truthfully.

"Would you ever consider letting me speak to John Ross?"

"I...I honestly don't know."

"He's my brother," James reminded her. "I'd like to be a part of his life."

"James, I'm so sorry...I just can't…"

"It's alright," James sighed heavily. "But don't say no. Not yet. Just think about it, okay?"

*I will. I promise."

The line went dead and James hung up the phone. He closed his eyes and tried to remain calm. Sue Ellen Lockwood had a lot of guts, he'd give her that. Calling him out of the blue to make sure it was HER son and her son ONLY that JR wanted in his life.

"What a messed up family," he grumbled to himself. He was lucky Debra Lynn had come back into his life and taken him away from that nut house.

"They're all crazy. Every single one of them."

"Bobby still chasing his tail?"

"Yes. He and Ray are meeting with a PI tomorrow. He'll be busy for a while. You talked to Sue Ellen?"

"I did," JR confirmed. "She's supposed to get back to me in a couple of days."

"Don't let her take too long. Senator Dowling will be calling his committee together soon. We have to have everything in place before he does."

"Don't you worry. I'll have Sue Ellen and John Ross eating out of the palm of my hand by then."

"You'd better, JR. I've been planning this for years. Don't screw it up."

JR didn't have a chance to reply. His partner hung up without another word.

He laughed to himself at the sheer brazenness. JR had been playing these games long before his co-conspirator ever even stepped up to the table. When all this was over and the smoke cleared, he intended to be the winner - the SOLE winner. His new partner was going to learn a hard lesson about playing with JR Ewing.

He walked over to his desk and touched the picture of Sue Ellen and John Ross that he kept there.

Talking to her had brought long repressed emotions back to the surface for him.

He needed her because he needed John Ross.

But he also needed her because deep down, he knew she was the only woman he would truly ever care for. And he was damn sure she was the only woman who would ever really love him.

He needed her to get Ewing Oil back.

But he was determined to hang onto her once he got what he wanted.

After all, he saw no good reason to give her up ever again.

Stringing me along - I like the idea. Would have really worked with them movies.

CeeCee72

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards

The Ewing Legacy

Part Thirteen:

"You know what you're supposed to do?"

"Of course," the PI chuckled. "I'll be giving your mystery lady the bad news this afternoon."

"Then you're meeting with Bobby Ewing, right?"

"Yes. Stop worrying. I'll send the ladies to the right, then push Bobby Ewing to the left."

"Good. Because I need Bobby looking for them, but I don't want them actually found."

"I get that. And I'll do exactly what you paid me to do. But you need to understand something."

"What's that?"

"I'll send Ewing off on a wild goose chase, just like you asked me to. But that doesn't guarantee he won't find those women. After all, you managed to find them."

"Yes. But I knew exactly where to look, didn't I?"

"I'm just warning you. Even the best plans blow up sometimes."

The co-conspirator growled and hung up the phone without another word.

The fact was he was right. Bobby was an idiot - but a tenacious idiot. Now that Pandora's box had been opened, the fool wouldn't ever give up until he knew exactly what was inside.

And that was fine. So long as he kept running around Europe just long enough for the rest of the plan to play out, it didn't really matter if Bobby found Pam or not.

They just needed a little bit of time. In a couple of weeks, it would all be over and Ewing Oil would be back in their hands. By then it would be too late for Bobby to do a damn thing about it.

Sue Ellen glanced at her nephew nervously, then turned her attention back to her son. "John Ross? Do you understand what I've told you?"

"Sure," John Ross shrugged. "Daddy finally called me."

"Yes. He wants to talk to you. And I think you should seriously consider it."

"I don't have anything to say to him," John Ross grumbled.

"Then don't say anything at all," Sue Ellen sighed. "Just listen to what he has to say."

"I don't care what he has to say!" John Ross cried. "He abandoned me! He gave me up for James!"

"He is your father and he loves you, John Ross. If you don't talk to him, you may regret it for the rest of your life."

The room was silent for a few moments. Sue Ellen bit back a frustrated groan and tried to organize her thoughts.

"John Ross?" Christopher's voice sounded very small and timid. "I… my Mama abandoned me. Part of me hates her but...well, if she called to talk to me, I would listen to her. Doesn't mean I would forgive her, but at least then I could finally ask her why she hurt me so much."

John Ross stared at his cousin with wide eyes for a minute then slowly nodded his head. "Alright. Okay. I'll talk to him."

"I'll arrange the call," Sue Ellen told him, leaning forward to hug her son. "You're doing the right thing."

"I hope so," the boy hugged her back. "I really hope so."

"Can I help you?"

"I'm here to see Miss Carlson."

"And you are?"

"My name is Fritz Brunette. I'm a PI. I was hired to find Miss Carlson...or should I call her Miss Wentworth?"

The maid's eyes grew wide and she moved away from the door. "Wait here."

The PI nodded and walked into the suite. He took a deep breath and concentrated on the story he was supposed to tell. He knew he had to sell it hard. His client needed Wentworth and her sister out of Switzerland now; and it was his job to make sure she left.

"JR!" Sly dropped the bag of groceries she had been carrying and jumped a foot off the ground. "You scared me to death! How did you get in here?"

"You haven't bothered to change your locks since you stopped working for me."

"Why...why are you here?"

"Tell me, Sly. How do you like working for Cliff Barnes?"

"I don't," Sly told him, bending to pick up the dropped groceries. "But a job is a job."

"Want a better job?"

"Like what?"

"Like working for me," JR moved to help her with her items. "See, Sly, I need some information. And you're the only one I can trust to get it for me."

"Her name, or at least the name she's using at the doctor's office is Kay Carlson."

Bobby studied the photo for a few minutes and then passed it over to Ray.

"Damn, Bobby, it's really Katherine."

"She's been staying at a hotel in the tourist district. By the time I got there, she was gone."

"Did she leave a forwarding address?"

"She asked the doctor to forward her files to Germany."

"You have the address?"

"I do. It's in the file I gave you."

"What was the doctor treating her for?"

"Kidney problems. Seems she's down to one."

"One what? Kidney?" Ray asked.

"Yeah. She donated the other."

"To who?" Bobby demanded.

"According to the file, to her sister."

"Jesus," Ray moaned. "Pam!"

"I don't know about that. According to the file, the sister's name is Rebecca Carlson."

Bobby read through the file, then closed it. "Ray?"

"Yeah, Bobby?"

"I guess I have to go to Germany."

stevew

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards

The Ewing Legacy

Part Thirteen:

"You know what you're supposed to do?"

"Of course," the PI chuckled. "I'll be giving your mystery lady the bad news this afternoon."

"Then you're meeting with Bobby Ewing, right?"

"Yes. Stop worrying. I'll send the ladies to the right, then push Bobby Ewing to the left."

"Good. Because I need Bobby looking for them, but I don't want them actually found."

"I get that. And I'll do exactly what you paid me to do. But you need to understand something."

"What's that?"

"I'll send Ewing off on a wild goose chase, just like you asked me to. But that doesn't guarantee he won't find those women. After all, you managed to find them."

"Yes. But I knew exactly where to look, didn't I?"

"I'm just warning you. Even the best plans blow up sometimes."

The co-conspirator growled and hung up the phone without another word.

The fact was he was right. Bobby was an idiot - but a tenacious idiot. Now that Pandora's box had been opened, the fool wouldn't ever give up until he knew exactly what was inside.

And that was fine. So long as he kept running around Europe just long enough for the rest of the plan to play out, it didn't really matter if Bobby found Pam or not.

They just needed a little bit of time. In a couple of weeks, it would all be over and Ewing Oil would be back in their hands. By then it would be too late for Bobby to do a damn thing about it.

Sue Ellen glanced at her nephew nervously, then turned her attention back to her son. "John Ross? Do you understand what I've told you?"

"Sure," John Ross shrugged. "Daddy finally called me."

"Yes. He wants to talk to you. And I think you should seriously consider it."

"I don't have anything to say to him," John Ross grumbled.

"Then don't say anything at all," Sue Ellen sighed. "Just listen to what he has to say."

"I don't care what he has to say!" John Ross cried. "He abandoned me! He gave me up for James!"

"He is your father and he loves you, John Ross. If you don't talk to him, you may regret it for the rest of your life."

The room was silent for a few moments. Sue Ellen bit back a frustrated groan and tried to organize her thoughts.

"John Ross?" Christopher's voice sounded very small and timid. "I… my Mama abandoned me. Part of me hates her but...well, if she called to talk to me, I would listen to her. Doesn't mean I would forgive her, but at least then I could finally ask her why she hurt me so much."

John Ross stared at his cousin with wide eyes for a minute then slowly nodded his head. "Alright. Okay. I'll talk to him."

"I'll arrange the call," Sue Ellen told him, leaning forward to hug her son. "You're doing the right thing."

"I hope so," the boy hugged her back. "I really hope so."

"Can I help you?"

"I'm here to see Miss Carlson."

"And you are?"

"My name is Fritz Brunette. I'm a PI. I was hired to find Miss Carlson...or should I call her Miss Wentworth?"

The maid's eyes grew wide and she moved away from the door. "Wait here."

The PI nodded and walked into the suite. He took a deep breath and concentrated on the story he was supposed to tell. He knew he had to sell it hard. His client needed Wentworth and her sister out of Switzerland now; and it was his job to make sure she left.

"JR!" Sly dropped the bag of groceries she had been carrying and jumped a foot off the ground. "You scared me to death! How did you get in here?"

"You haven't bothered to change your locks since you stopped working for me."

"Why...why are you here?"

"Tell me, Sly. How do you like working for Cliff Barnes?"

"I don't," Sly told him, bending to pick up the dropped groceries. "But a job is a job."

"Want a better job?"

"Like what?"

"Like working for me," JR moved to help her with her items. "See, Sly, I need some information. And you're the only one I can trust to get it for me."

"Her name, or at least the name she's using at the doctor's office is Kay Carlson."

Bobby studied the photo for a few minutes and then passed it over to Ray.

"Damn, Bobby, it's really Katherine."

"She's been staying at a hotel in the tourist district. By the time I got there, she was gone."

"Did she leave a forwarding address?"

"She asked the doctor to forward her files to Germany."

"You have the address?"

"I do. It's in the file I gave you."

"What was the doctor treating her for?"

"Kidney problems. Seems she's down to one."

"One what? Kidney?" Ray asked.

"Yeah. She donated the other."

"To who?" Bobby demanded.

"According to the file, to her sister."

"Jesus," Ray moaned. "Pam!"

"I don't know about that. According to the file, the sister's name is Rebecca Carlson."

Bobby read through the file, then closed it. "Ray?"

"Yeah, Bobby?"

"I guess I have to go to Germany."

Interesting!!!

CeeCee72

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards

The Ewing Legacy

Part Fourteen:

Sue Ellen sat back in bed against the pillows, trying to concentrate on her book. But it was no use.

She was scared. She'd talked John Ross into speaking with his father. She hoped she had done the right thing.

She loved her son desperately, and she wanted what was best for him. For all of JR's many faults, he had always been a good father to their son. She told herself over and over that she was only agreeing to let JR back into their lives because John Ross needed a father.

But, deep down in the darkest part of her heart that she never wanted to examine, she knew that maybe...just maybe she was allowing JR back into their life because SHE missed him.

She jumped a bit when the phone rang. She steeled her nerves, then reached over and picked up the receiver. "Hello?"

"I got your message to call you, Sue Ellen."

"Yes," Sue Ellen's voice trembled. "I...JR, I talked to John Ross. He'll be expecting you to call him tomorrow morning. Please don't disappoint him."

"I won't, honey," JR promised softly. "I'm done disappointing that boy."

"I hope so, JR. But I'm sure you'll understand that he doesn't trust you. And neither do I."

"I do understand, Sue Ellen. Neither of you have anything to worry about. I won't hurt you again."

"I've heard it all before, JR," she reminded him bitterly.

"I know, Miss Texas," his voice grew even softer. "And I'm sorry. I can't change the past, but I promise to be a good daddy to our boy in the future. And I…"

"What?"

"I want to see him, Sue Ellen."

"JR…," her voice suddenly became hard and cold, "Donna told us what you gave her on Cliff Barnes. Am I honestly supposed to believe your sudden rekindled interest in John Ross has nothing to do with some underhanded scheme to get Ewing Oil back?"

JR took a deep breath. "You know me too well for me to try to lie to you, Sue Ellen. I can't honestly tell you one thing has nothing to do with the other. I checked out of that asylum because I'm finally ready to stand up and fight for what's mine - EVERYTHING that's mine. That means Ewing Oil. And it means John Ross."

"Does it also mean James? And his mother?"

"Maybe James. Maybe somewhere down the road. He's my son. But John Ross is my life. My heir."

"And Vanessa?"

"I have no interest in her at all. Why would you even ask me that?"

"Well, she is the love of your life after all," she practically spat out the words.

JR laughed out loud. "Oh, Miss Texas, you left me. You tricked me into marrying that hillbilly then took off halfway across the world to marry another man. How can you be jealous because I tried to make it work with Vanessa?"

"Who said I was jealous?"

"I can tell, honey. I know you every bit as well as you know me."

"Nevermind, JR. Let's just drop it."

"Fine. But I want to see my son."

"Let's just see how the phone call tomorrow goes first, alright?"

"Alright," JR gave in. "Oh, and Sue Ellen?"

"What?"

"I've said lots of things about my other women. You know that. Sometimes I even halfway convince myself my lies are true. But you and I both know there's only one woman I ever truly loved, and I'm talking to her right now."

"JR…"

"Goodnight, darlin'."

The line went dead and Sue Ellen choked back a sob.

After all these years, she still needed to know he loved her.

"What's wrong with you, Sue Ellen?" She asked herself. "Why can't you ever just let him go?"

JR hung up the phone and grinned.

She was jealous. She needed to hear him say she was the only woman he ever loved.

So, he'd told her what she needed to hear.

And it was all true anyway.

But she was jealous. And that meant she cared.

Tomorrow he would call his partner and share the good news.

Sue Ellen was as good as back in his bed. And John Ross was the key that would unlock Ewing Oil once and for all.

Honkytonkangel

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I wish I could smack JR upside the head right now.
I love Sue Ellen and I want to see her get the love and happines she deserves.
And for JR to realise in the long run Ewing Oil is a BUSINESS and not that important. The legac is the family and JR needs to try rebuilding his the honest way.

I do REALLY love watching him crush Cliff though. AARRGHH

K

Karin Schill

Excellent how JR/SE got to clear the air between them after Vanessa. No she was not the love of JR's life. We all know that!

Poor Bobby going on a wild goose chase but hopefully it will be worth his while and he'll find Katherine and Pam at the end of it. :)

CeeCee72

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards

The Ewing Legacy

Part Fifteen:

"John Ross? Are you alright?"

John Ross's shoulders slumped slightly and he shook his head. "I don't know. I guess so."

"What did he say?"

"That he was sorry and he wanted to make it all up to me."

Christopher walked over to the bed and sat down beside his cousin. "Are you going to let him?"

"I… I don't know. I want to. But my daddy is a liar and I don't trust him "

"You don't have to trust him just to talk to him."

"He wants to come visit me."

"Have you told Aunt Sue Ellen?"

"He said he talked to her about it last night."

"You gonna see him?"

"I don't know. Do you think I should?"

Christopher shrugged and turned his head away. "My mama is a liar. And she left me just like your daddy left you. I wish she wanted to come see me though."

John Ross reached over and touched his cousin's shoulder. "Sorry, Christopher."

"Don't be. But yeah. I think you should see Uncle JR. I think you should let him try."

"Alright, Christopher. I'll let him try."

"I wish you would stay, Lucy. You know you're always welcome here."

"I know, Sue Ellen. But, well, with JR popping back into your life, I don't want to be around to watch the hurricane."

"You hate him, don't you?"

"Yes," Lucy didn't even bother to deny it. "And you should too."

"Oh. I did. For a very long time. But…"

"But he's the father of your child and the only man you've ever loved. Save it. I've heard it all before."

"Where will you go?" Sue Ellen asked, abruptly changing the subject. "To California?"

"No way," Lucy shook her head. "Maybe back to Atlanta. Or maybe I'll travel around Europe for a while. I love Ireland. Might visit some friends over there for a while."

"Well, if you get lonely, you always have a place here with us."

"I know, Sue Ellen. You take care. And be careful. JR can't change - no matter how hard he tries."

"I know that, Lucy," Sue Ellen said sadly. "I know that better than anyone in the world."

JR couldn't believe what he was reading. Sly had really come through for him. He had all of Barnes' secrets right here in front of him.

Methane and natural gas. Windmills too.

That was Cliff's game. He was slowly moving Ewing Oil away from crude and toward other forms of energy.

It was really quite brilliant. Keep oil prices low, explore alternatives, and watch while the competition all went under.

"No way Barnes came up with this on his own," JR muttered. "Who is pulling his strings?"

JR closed the folder and frowned when it crossed his mind that his co-conspirator might be working with Barnes.

But no.

That didn't make any sense.

Then who?

And why?

"A tangled web," he sighed to himself. "And I gotta figure out a way to untangle it."

"When will you be back?"

"A couple of days. I just need to get away for a while."

"Away from me? Away from our children?"

Gary growled under his breath and shook his head. "Away from life. It's not about you and the kids, Val. It's about finding some peace and quiet. Seeing my family was harder on me than I thought it would be. I need to get away and think."

"Alright, Gary. Please just promise me…"

"I won't drink, Val. I swear it."

She wrapped her arms around his shoulders and pulled him close. "I love you, Gary. Come back to me soon."

"You sure you don't want me to go with you?"

"No," James shook his head. "We just got back from Switzerland. I don't want to drag Jimmy halfway across the world again."

"What do you think your mother wants?"

"No idea. But if she's asking me to come see her, it must be important."

"Well, be careful. Call me when you land."

"I will," James kissed his wife goodbye, "I promise."

"Why do you have to go? This isn't your problem!'

Ray gritted his teeth and forced himself to remain calm. "We've been over and over it, Jenna. Bobby needs my help."

"Bobby is a grown man and he can take care of himself!"

"What are you afraid of, Jenna?" Ray finally snapped, "that Bobby will find Pam and bring her home?"

"What? No, Ray! I don't care about Bobby and Pam!"

"Then what's your problem?"

"My problem is OUR SON. What if Bobby decides…" he voice broke off into a deep sob.

"Bobby loves Lucas. He won't do anything to upset his happy life."

"You have always had too much faith in that man, Ray. You all have. Bobby isn't some sort of good hearted saint. When he decides he wants something, he can be every bit as ruthless as JR."

"Jenna…"

"Go, Ray. I know he's your brother and your sense of family honor demands you help him. But swear to me that if he makes any move towards Lucas you'll cut him off at the knees. Swear it, Ray!"

"I swear it honey," Ray pulled her into his arms. "I won't let him near our family. I swear it on Jock Ewing's grave."

Sue Ellen looked up when she heard John Ross come into the room.

"Here," he handed her the cordless phone, "he wants to talk to you."

Sue Ellen took a deep breath and put the phone up to her ear. "JR?"

"Yes," his deep voice floated across the telephone line, "John Ross has agreed to see me."

"I know," she sighed. "He told me earlier today. When will you come?"

"Tomorrow," came the immediate answer. "Don't want to waste any more time."

"Alright, JR. He explained my terms?"

"Yes. I can't be alone with him."

"That's right, JR. I have to be present the whole time."

"That means you'll have to see me. You up for that?"

"It's for our son, so I will have to just find a way to get through it, won't I?"

"I'll behave, honey. I promise."

"JR, your promises don't mean a damn thing to me or to him. Just call me when you land."

"I will, Miss Texas. See you tomorrow."

Sue Ellen hung up the phone and tossed it onto the couch beside her.

She prayed she was doing the right thing. She desperately wanted to believe JR was being honest with her.

But with JR Ewing, she could never, ever be sure of his true intentions. And if he was lying, if he hurt her son again, she would see him burn in hell for all eternity.

Honkytonkangel

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
But with JR Ewing, she could never, ever be sure of his true intentions. And if he was lying, if he hurt her son again, she would see him burn in hell for all eternity.

YES!...... LOVE when my girl gets all feisty.

Cool to see Lucy looking out for her too.

LOL at Jenna's description of Bobby. But I find her to be a selfish whiny brat at the best of times too.

YAY, Ray to the rescue. Any chance of him sorting out ALL of his brothers?.

K

Karin Schill

Yay! Sue Ellen has agreed to see JR for John Ross sake. I look forward to their meeting. :)

I love how John Ross and Christopher are so supportive of each other. They sure are close.

I'm intrigued what Vanessa wants to tell James.

stevew

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Yay! Sue Ellen has agreed to see JR for John Ross sake. I look forward to their meeting. :)

I love how John Ross and Christopher are so supportive of each other. They sure are close.

I'm intrigued what Vanessa wants to tell James.
I like that too. I had thought that on TNT that is what they should have done. John Ross and Christopher should have been tick as thieves. I would have loved to have seen Christopher the bad guy that just exhausts Bobby where John Ross keeps saying, "Yea but he's trying to prove himself as a Ewing . . . . ." Christopher going to JR and saying, "How do I hand this?" and JR pushing him to include John Ross in every scheme. I wanted to see them supportive of each other even if they turned on JR and Bobby. John Ross to Bobby, "I get your mad at Christopher, but he's the closets thing I have to a brother and I'll back him every time." Enter Lucas and Calley's son to play the two antagonists wanting their piece of the Ewing empire that Christopher and John Ross have claimed. Well what I wanted to see anyway.

K

Karin Schill

Yeah that would have been a lot more interesting than what we got. But Miss Ellie did foreshadow the future in that episode when she said the fight would be between John Ross and Christopher.

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
I can understand why Jenna wouldn't want Bobby to stay with them, although her fear of him taking Lucas away from them seems a bit overexaggerated.

I guess Bobby will stay for long with them though as it sounds like he's about to head off on a search for Pam and Katherine. I didn't expect that one.

The plot thickens, I am still having a hard time pin-pointing just who JR is working with. :think:
I think it's Katherine - or thought it was till she showed up with the Precious Lookalike. Is it Jeremy Wendell?

I want to punch James - 'This is my family too' - och away and fek will ya? Don't EVER speak to the Queen like that and I'm STILL not convinced you're a Ewing. WHY are you here? GO AWAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Loving it so far despite my tantrum! :dance::dance::dance: