• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

The Killers

Long Lashes

Telly Talk Enforcer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
I stumbled on this earlier whilst searching Youtube for something else. I have yet to find a song which Brandon Flowers cannot sing, he makes it look so easy.

The Killers cover Electric Blue by Icehouse

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I stumbled on this earlier whilst searching Youtube for something else
Oh, wow!!! Thank you for this, I haven't seen it before and love it. I would love to see them release all these covers. They should do a covers album, something like Everything But the Girl, Erasure and The Beautiful South have done.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I was shocked when I got an alert to say new music was on its way and tried hard to figure out what we were getting via the four trailers they released. This album had no singles to promote it, so we really were in for a treat filled with brand new songs. Another shocker was how close this release was to Imploding the Mirage. We still have had the tour to promote that album, and now (12 months later), we have another album.

I was initially shocked when I first listened; there wasn't anything near or like their typical style, however after a few more listens, the album starting to gel with me, and now I'm obsessed with it, even more than I was with their last two albums. It's very different and very refreshing to have something completely different. I started to look back at their catalogue, and I hadn't realised just how different each album brings out their fantastic (for me anyway) talent.

My favourite track is the opening song West Hills and Desperate Things, where he murders while posing as a policeman.

This is music-atmospheric

Long Lashes

Telly Talk Enforcer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
I was shocked when I got an alert to say new music was on its way and tried hard to figure out what we were getting via the four trailers they released. This album had no singles to promote it, so we really were in for a treat filled with brand new songs. Another shocker was how close this release was to Imploding the Mirage.
I wonder if this new and unexpected album would've happened if it hadn't been for the pandemic? because as you (of all people) well know the band would've been busy on tour instead of making new music.

I was initially shocked when I first listened; there wasn't anything near or like their typical style,
I was surprised too, its completely different to anything they've done before.

Please do excuse me inserting David Bowie into this, but I like this quote -

"If you feel safe in the area you're working in, you're not working in the right area. Always go a little further into the water than you feel you're capable of being in. Go a little out of your depth. And when you don't feel that your feet are quite touching the bottom, you're just about in the right place to do something exciting."

- and Bowies words were what I thought of when I first listened to this album. It probably would've been easier for the Killers to follow their usual style, but I like how they've taken a chance by doing something different.

however after a few more listens, the album starting to gel with me, and now I'm obsessed with it, even more than I was with their last two albums. It's very different and very refreshing to have something completely different. I started to look back at their catalogue, and I hadn't realised just how different each album brings out their fantastic (for me anyway) talent.
They never cease to amaze me with their creativity and I love Brandon Flowers vocals even more on this new album.

Long Lashes

Telly Talk Enforcer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
I've also been listening this recently, I don't know if anyone else has heard it? so I will post it on here.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I wonder if this new and unexpected album would've happened if it hadn't been for the pandemic?
I watched an interview with Brandon, and he said it would not have happened without the pandemic. He said he wasn't sure it would ever have happened. I find that incredibly fascinating and how there has been some great stuff to emerge from this horrific global pandemic.

Please do excuse me inserting David Bowie into this, but I like this quote -
Gosh, it's an honour to bring Bowie into something like this, and he's so true about what he's said here.

I've also been listening this recently, I don't know if anyone else has heard it? so I will post it on here.
This is another unexpected gem to come out of the pandemic; I wonder what brought this together and if Brandon had any other ideas like this with other artists.

James from London

International Treasure
LV

Reaction score
Awards
This is pleasingly mind-bending.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Last night we had our first Killers gig in 3 years and though we are all now 3 years older, everyone had a blast. All the big songs were there including 6 from the album the tour was promoting.

We were at the barrier and it wasn’t until the end that I felt I can’t keep up with all this. Not that that will stop me from going.

Blossoms were the support act and I know little about this. They gave a great show with the lead singer reminding me somewhat of Jarvis Cocker.

Long Lashes

Telly Talk Enforcer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Sounds fantastic, glad you had a good time again. I hope Brandon recognised you from all the other concerts you've attended, surely he must've done :)

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Some piccies to share the moments

Tom Ogden getting the crowd ready for the main event. They impressed me enough to buy their back catalogue.

The Killers May 2022 690.JPG

The Killers May 2022 691.JPG
The Killers May 2022 697.JPG

The Killers May 2022 702.JPG

The main event!

The Killers May 2022 723.JPG

The Killers May 2022 725.JPG

The Killers May 2022 730.JPG

The Killers May 2022 734.JPG

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
On the way to the Middlesbrough stadium, there were signs directing you which I thought was amazing

The Killers May 2022 888.JPG

The Killers May 2022 889.JPG

The Killers May 2022 892.JPG

The Killers May 2022 894.JPG

The Killers May 2022 919.JPG

The Killers May 2022 924.JPG

The Killers May 2022 939.JPG

The Killers May 2022 942.JPG

The Killers May 2022 944.JPG

Long Lashes

Telly Talk Enforcer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Tom Ogden getting the crowd ready for the main event. They impressed me enough to buy their back catalogue.
I love Blossoms! I'm so glad you enjoyed their set and you're ahead of me, I've yet to see them live,

The main event!

The Killers May 2022 723.JPG
Yes! he wore the gold suit again :D ... he looks fabulous and I like how the big screen shows the band in black/white or is it blue/white? it looks so effective.

I swear that on some of the photos he is looking straight back at you @Ome.

On the way to the Middlesbrough stadium, there were signs directing you which I thought was amazing

The Killers May 2022 888.JPG

The Killers May 2022 889.JPG

The Killers May 2022 892.JPG

The Killers May 2022 894.JPG
This really made me smile, how great that someone had this idea so to make it all extra special.

Its wonderful to see all these photos they're so full of the exciting atmosphere, its good of you to share them.

I'm only sorry that you couldn't get a better view. :jk:

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I swear that on some of the photos he is looking straight back at you @Ome.
Haha!!

And......

They are about to drop a new song 'Boy' which uses a little bit of Erasure's A Little Respect.

Here is the first play of what is to come...

Long Lashes

Telly Talk Enforcer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Finally, it's out.

This is wonderful and so uplifting, the music throughout is addictive, I could even feel some of the NEW ORDER influence.

I immediately got an image in my mind of Brandon belting out this in a huge arena. They just never disappoint do they and this deserves to be a big hit for them, I hope it is.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
After 4 superb concerts with The Killers earlier this year, I thought it was all over.....

But!!!!

We saw they were performing in Orlando while we are there and we had to buy tickets.

Mel O'Drama

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
After 4 superb concerts with The Killers earlier this year, I thought it was all over.....

But!!!!

We saw they were performing in Orlando while we are there and we had to buy tickets.

How amazing!! They must have known you'd be in the area and scheduled it to fit to make up for all the postponed and cancelled concerts. It's the only explanation that makes sense.

Have a wonderful concert, Ome. I hope there'll be a review afterwards. ;)

Long Lashes

Telly Talk Enforcer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
This is incredible, what are the chances of The Killers having a concert at the exact time you're there?

I'm now completely convinced that Brandon is stalking you @Ome. Have a great time :D I look forward to hearing about it.