• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

The Masked Singer

Marika

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Re: less good singers, I was appalled at last night's performances. Almost everyone, even the "professional" singers, sounded awful and screechy. The only exception was Mülli Müller.

Marika

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
So, to finish this, the 5th season was won by singer Alexander Klaws posing as "Mülli Müller". He won the 1st season of "German Idol" back in 2003 and has become a musical star ever since.

All reveals:

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards

Biggie

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Happy Gilmore
I didn't bother with this last time. I read after the fact the Nicola Roberts won. Nicola Roberts is excellent solo, with GA or writing for artist.
I stumbled across Masked Dancer and totally enjoyed.

So, I'll be tuning in to Masked Singer this time.

Angela Channing

LV

Reaction score
Awards
Wow, First Heather Small now Gloria Hunniford.

So far Masked Singer's been excellent.
What makes the show work for me is the quality of the celebrities they use, unlike other shows that rely on ex-Love Islanders or obscure Hollyoaks actors.

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
i could care less about this show though i do think the costumes all belong in horror movies cause they are more Scary than Michael Myers, Freddy Kruger and a slew more i didn't mention. anyways, a friend of mine has a friend or was it his friends brother? i forget anyways he used to work for the mask singer behind the scenes and he by law could not tell you who was behind the mask he had to sign an NDA which i do believe actually. honestly before he told me this i never gave it much thought about the backstage personal and how things are kept secret well i apparently know now lol i just thought it was interesting and if you are wondering if he ever broke the NDA no he didn't he wasn't that stupid he kept his mouth shut. he no longer works there but i just think it's pretty cool

Biggie

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Happy Gilmore
Enjoying Masked Singer so far. Will Young was a surprise to me.

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
my mom once in a blue moon watches it and the only time i was really shocked was when f... Kermit the frog showed up as a masked singer that i did not see coming.
my only question about this show is the stupidity of the judges, not counting the football players for example who you generally would not know that they could actually sing leaving out those that i get, but when it comes to people who have won grammy's and leaving out the creepy voice change how in the hell can none of these judges not tell that certain singers who are well known and who have had multiple albums not not who they are? there was one i caught a few minutes of awhile back where they were guessing is it snoop? i do not know who it ended up being but anyone who does not know Snoops voice and have heard him talk or rap is an idiot.

iv'e heard him rap and talk and his voice is the same you cannot not know who he is and they were guessing it's him? really? that's like if you take Ringo Starr on and not know who it is ?

Angela Channing

LV

Reaction score
Awards
my only question about this show is the stupidity of the judges
It's the same for the judges in the UK. Their guesses are plain stupid, for example Prince Harry, Sylvester Stallone and Ellen Degeneres, as if they would do this show.

We had to suffer that Ken Jeong guy for our first season who was just about the worst but one good thing that came of the pandemic was that he could no longer come here to film the show.

Angela Channing

LV

Reaction score
Awards
Enjoying Masked Singer so far. Will Young was a surprise to me.
It's my guilty pleasure. The programme is completely daft and it isn't normally the kind of show that I would watch but every week I find myself strangely drawn to it. I can't explain what specifically about it appeals to me, I just enjoy watching it.

I've been terrible this season with my guesses, completely missed that it was Will Young, I thought it was Craig Revel Horwood.

9unfold

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Loads of 'em
, I just enjoy watching it.
As do I. It's silly but fun at the same time.

My guessing has not even been close. It never crossed my mind that Will Young would be under the mask. So far the singers have been pretty impressive celebrities.

I'm really enjoying this show.

Last edited:

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
if i ever meet any of these judges i hope to ask them what are they smoking and if it's the good shit can i have some of it? because as i said when you have someone that isn't known to be a singer i get that is an actual surprise if you find out that if say someone you've never heard sing before like to throw in a random actress Teri Hatcher i have no idea if she's ever sang well on anything she's done but if she ever did the show and can actually sing that i get.

there's a lot of singers out there that i don't know what their singing voice sounds like or their real voice cause i don't pay attention to them cause i don't listen to them but these judges who are from the music business i am guessing in the UK and the US as well should know but than what the hell do we know ya know? this show is on in the UK as well? that i did not know to be honest though i'd rather have this on my tv than say any reality show cause i cannot stand them and hate them with a passion though i don't mind the ones that actually are out to help people those i don't mind. like the 600 lb fat guy that's what we call it in my family. sure they do up the drama ante in the show but you have real people lose weight on it and help themselves i don't mind that

Angela Channing

LV

Reaction score
Awards
The judges guesses are as ridiculous as ever, even Olly Alexander laughed when Divina McCall suggested one of the singers was Jennifer Lawrence.

I thought he clues this week were a bit easier so here are my guesses for the remaining singers:

Panda - Natalie Imbruglia
Rockhopper - Michelle Williams
Traffic Cone - Alexander Armstrong
Mushroom - Charlotte Church
Robo Bunny - Mark Feehily

Last edited:

9unfold

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Loads of 'em
Excellent show last night.

Rockhopper for the win (Nadine Coyle).

Angela Channing

LV

Reaction score
Awards
Rockhopper for the win (Nadine Coyle).
The one I'm most confident about is Traffic Cone being Alexander Armstrong and he's my choice to win. The clue that was the clincher for me was the shape of a traffic cone is like something close to their heart. The shape is flat at the top so it's pointless which is the name of the quiz he presents. The voice also sounds a lot like him.

9unfold

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Loads of 'em
The one I'm most confident about is Traffic Cone being Alexander Armstrong and he's my choice to win. The clue that was the clincher for me was the shape of a traffic cone is like something close to their heart. The shape is flat at the top so it's pointless which is the name of the quiz he presents. The voice also sounds a lot like him.
I like your thinking. Alexander Armstrong is a talented singer.

Looking forward to seeing the rest of the show!

Englishboy

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Of the celebrities unmasked so far the only one I have correctly guessed has been ex England striker, Michael Owen.

Of those left in the competition, I think that Panda is LuLu (it sounds just like her!), that Traffic Cone is either Russell Watson or Alfie Boe and that Robo Bunny is Michael Ball.

Angela Channing

LV

Reaction score
Awards
I got one right (Michelle Williams) and one wrong ( I thought Traffic Cone was Alexander Armstrong). I still think Aled Jones's singing voice sounds a lot like Alexander Armstrong's.