• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Nominations The next nominations will be in two parts

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Just so I'm clear, we can't choose groups unless it's a group collaborating with another artist. Is that correct?
Yes.

A group is identified as an artist like a singer is also identified as an artist, so it's fine to pick a group with an extra artist like your example. What we can't do is pick songs from just one group.

We can't choose Slade & Merry Christmas Everybody, but if they re-released that song after performing it with another artist like Suzanne Vega it would be eligible as a nomination.

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
What are you planning to do to them once you know their identity?
I don't want to spoil the surprise...

….

….

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Yes.

A group is identified as an artist like a singer is also identified as an artist, so it's fine to pick a group with an extra artist like your example. What we can't do is pick songs from just one group.

We can't choose Slade & Merry Christmas Everybody, but if they re-released that song after performing it with another artist like Suzanne Vega it would be eligible as a nomination.
I thought so, I just wanted to be absolutely certain before I nominate.

Suzanne Vega and Slade would be a collaboration I would pay to see!

Last edited:

Richard Channing

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Inquisitive minds...

For our next challenge, I thought we would nominate 20 best songs of 2018.

Not just those released in 2018, but also to include songs you discovered in 2018 through Soap Chat.

Let's make the best songs of 2018 from Soap Chat to be about Soap Chat.
I love this idea! Because tbh there's been a lot more music I've liked on here than what's been in the charts.

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
For our next challenge, I thought we would nominate 20 best songs of 2018.
Not just those released in 2018, but also to include songs you discovered in 2018 through Soap Chat.
Let's make the best songs of 2018 from Soap Chat to be about Soap Chat.

Good, cause having the theme be songs that are over 4000 years old is clearly a bad idea.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Because tbh there's been a lot more music I've liked on here than what's been in the charts.

I often think about the nominations and so many great songs that live in the limelight for a couple of weeks and very rarely mentioned again. So I was trying to think of a way to do something without repeating a theme. I've loads of songs that I've discovered on here and this gives us all a chance to re-visit some of those tunes. I'm also curious as to how this might finish. Will a previous winning song take the crown again, or we will continue discovering new tracks?

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
We'll take a short break for the festivities in the coming weeks and when we're back we will be tackling this little beauty.

S.png

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
We've done lots of themes and used plenty of words. I still have lots and lots of themes and words that have been suggested, however, one member came up with something we haven't played with before.

Nominate 20 songs with only 1 word in the title that begins with the letter S

The Letter S.png