• Coming Soon

Telly Talk's Favourite TV Characters

THE SPIN-OFF

The Steven Carrington Institute for the Treatment & Study of Faggotry!

Snarky Oracle

Telly Talk Oracle
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
But would it not upstage Joel & Rita's impostor scheme?
Rita would be in the mansion for only 3 or4 episodes, tops, mid-season while Alexis is on the throne of Moldavia.

I really want Adam involved as an accessory after-the-fact in some way regarding Krystle's kidnapping.

Or upstage Fallon's own return?

In my Dynastic world, that didn't happen for two years. Emma Samms needed to be a Fallmont or something. Recasting Fallon defeats the purpose.

Ked

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Rita would be in the mansion for only 3 or4 episodes, tops, mid-season while Alexis is on the throne of Moldavia.

I really want Adam involved as an accessory after-the-fact in some way regarding Krystle's kidnapping.

Okay, I can get behind Rita being Krystle for 4 episodes, and of course I like the idea of Adam being involved in that storyline... except I'd rather have King Galen dead from the Massacre and pretty much drop Moldavia. The only thing left from that country would be Michael, who becomes delusional at the idea of taking his homeland back, despite everyone telling him that his people have rejected the monarchy - and therefore, him.

Besides, I'd have Rita be far more b*tchy and manipulative than Alexis, thus Linda would get to play the "evil" one for a change. :lol:

In my Dynastic world, that didn't happen for two years. Emma Samms needed to be a Fallmont or something. Recasting Fallon defeats the purpose.

Nooo, I don't wanna wait 2 years for Fallon to come back! :(

But as for Emma Samms, I still say cast her as the daughter of Caress Morrell and Ben Carrington - thus negating any need for Leslie/Terri Garber. :)

colbyco

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
It´s maybe the most powerful, the most real scene the show ever had. Both actors play it perfect. Blake the uncomfortable father who didn´t want this "desease" to come home but still loves his son. Steven the hurted son ...

Pressure from ABC to straighten Steven out was mostly in the early-'80s, but had eventually relaxed a bit (hence, the semi-romance between Steven and Luke). The sexual ambiguity of Steven later on was due to a writing staff who didn't know what to do with Steven and a top producer, Spelling, who was as afraid of it as the network had originally been.

- The writers originally planned Steven & Bart moving together with Danny - but ABC was afraid of this storyline because of Aids and the viewers reactions to it

Snarky Oracle

Telly Talk Oracle
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
- The writers originally planned Steven & Bart moving together with Danny - but ABC was afraid of this storyline because of Aids and the viewers reactions to it
Yes, I'm sure the network freaked over two guys living together with a boy.

But by 1989, ABC's THIRTYSOMETHING showed two men in bed post-coitally, so the network was relaxing somewhat.

Ked

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Yes, I'm sure the network freaked over two guys living together with a boy.

Although I read that while Steven planned on moving in with Bart, something happened to where Adam betrayed/sabotaged them, so that Bart ended up leaving Steven, who in turn swore revenge on his brother. That would have been pretty interesting to see.

But by 1989, ABC's THIRTYSOMETHING showed two men in bed post-coitally, so the network was relaxing somewhat.

Oh? So if Steven had stuck around for Season 9...

colbyco

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Although I read that while Steven planned on moving in with Bart, something happened to where Adam betrayed/sabotaged them, so that Bart ended up leaving Steven, who in turn swore revenge on his brother. That would have been pretty interesting to see.

Oh? So if Steven had stuck around for Season 9...

- Would have been nice to see how Paulsen would have dealt with his character ...