The Sullivans

Alison Carr

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Have bought myself the first DVD set of the Australian soap The Sullivans, 50 episodes I believe, have not seen it before so thought it would be worth a go. Has anyone else watched this all the way? any highlights to look out for?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 76

Mel O'Drama

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I haven't seen the whole thing (I'd very much like to) but I have fond memories of watching the occasional episode on ITV during school lunches in the Eighties. My main memory is of Vivienne Gray's Mrs Jessop. Her episodes were still airing at the same time as her much newer Neighbours episodes.

any highlights to look out for?

I don't know about highlights, but a video I recently watched touched on a risque stage direction two actors on the show were given (I know you'll recognise at least one of them!).

They talk about meeting on the set at 55 seconds and it's all The Sullivans from then but it's got a few spoilers. Skip to 1:20 if you don't want to know about a character's death, and perhaps skip altogther and come back to it if you're bothered about knowing who pairs up with whom:

Alexis Colby Carrington

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I remember seeing the occasional one at lunchtime in the 80s at my grandmas house but not watched all the way through
Can you imagine how spoiled we’d all have been in the 80s! With the Australian soaps daytime then our own early evening then the American ones prime time! My sky planner wood have been overloaded ha ha

barbiwil

Telly Talk Newbie
LV

Reaction score
Favourite Movie
Halloween
The Sullivans... I have the complete series and one of the best Australian soaps ever. Amazing acting, storylines, ... a true family saga and yes it has PLENTY of highlights throughout but wouldn't want to spoil that for anyone that hasn't seen it... So enjoy it because it was one of a kind!

Monzo

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Scream series
Believe it or not, The Sullivans is the only international daily soap that is currently airing "new" episodes on German TV. Repeats have been aired for years, but newly dubbed episodes (starting with episode 737) have been aired since the beginning of December. I tune in sometimes, but never stick with it. Despite the unique chance to watch an old daily soap, The Sullivans unfortunately don't captivate me.