World Cup Tournament The World Cup of 80s Prime Time Soap Characters

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Congratulations Angela Channing! I think it's important that we remember the elderly at this time of year who may be on their own or lonely at Christmas. So I think this is the perfect gift for this one little old lady who has touched our hearts and done so much for everyone in the Tuscany Valley. To you Angela!

That's a great sentiment, well said!

Barbara Fan

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Witness, Vertigo, Spellbound
My comp was in for repair and wi fi not working yesterday!!!

I thought i had voted for Sue Ellen but dont see it - hey ho

I think Angela would have won regardless.

Thanks to @Angela Christmas for a great competition

My mum would have liked the winner.

Best wishes
BF x

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
My comp was in for repair and wi fi not working yesterday!!!

I thought i had voted for Sue Ellen but dont see it - hey ho

I think Angela would have won regardless.

Thanks to @Angela Christmas for a great competition

My mum would have liked the winner.

Best wishes
BF x

Thanks BF.

Sue Ellen had an early lead and at one point looked like she might run away with it but in the second half of the week Angela got the majority of votes and had a slim but decisive lead at the end. Your vote for Sue Ellen would have made the final result closer but the overall result would have been the same.

Thanks for playing along, the good level of participation of forum members made the contest more unpredictable which was great.

Justine

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Sue Ellen had an early lead and at one point looked like she might run away with it but in the second half of the week Angela got the majority of votes and had a slim but decisive lead at the end.

What do you mean, I LOST?

I have just never been so insulted.

What a ridiculous poll.

So I guess Sue Ellen doesn't rule after all...

Correction. I do rule. I am the true ruler of 80's soapland...

Jokes, jk. (I have way too much time on my hands!:lol:) Good poll @Angela Christmas Disclaimer: The gifs aren't mine.

Jock Og

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
IMHO acerbic grape granny Angela is a worthy winner. It was no shame for the legendary Sue Ellen finishing as runner up. A win by just three votes is a close enough margin. Ta to @Angela Christmas for an immense contribution, in making the competition so enjoyable. All the other Soap Chat forum members have also made the contest interesting with their votes and the various comments by some fans added to the fun too. I'm looking forward to the next World Cup contest; if this one, the DALLAS game and the FALCON CREST competitions are anything to compare with.

K

Karin Schill

Thank you @Angela Channing for all the work you've put into this world cup. :clap:Unfortunately I think the end result, that the same character who won the FC world cup also won the prime time soaps world cup feels a bit of an anti-climax. I would have prefered for another character to win the whole thing. But I guess you can't beat Jane Wyman. After all she's won an Academy Award! :hat:

Anyway I look forward to see where the next world cup will take place, Dynasty? Knots Landing?
Or something completely different... ;)