Amazon Prime Them

Pamela_E

administrator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Is anyone watching this series? I am currently on episode 4 and it's fantastic on all fronts. Although horrific and upsetting with its portrayal of racism. But also fascinating as I never thought about Compton in it's early days.

The acting is totally awesome, I believe two British actors in the main cast.

Jessie

Telly Talk Superstar
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I just finished watching this great series but it is very disturbing. The whole cast was amazing but the 2 young girls were amazing young actresses.
I hear there will be a season 2 but with different actors.
I will say it is one of the most disturbing TV series I ever watched.
1620360355759.jpeg

Last edited:

Justine

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I just finished this series and I was blown away. The acting talent, the editing, the soundtrack - it was brilliantly done!

I don't scare easy but I found it very traumatic to watch. I'd be very curious to watch a second season, though I don't think they could top season one.

Pamela_E

administrator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I just finished this series and I was blown away. The acting talent, the editing, the soundtrack - it was brilliantly done!

I don't scare easy but I found it very traumatic to watch. I'd be very curious to watch a second season, though I don't think they could top season one.

It is disturbing but it's more disturbing to think that these racist incidents are true to reality.

I think more than anything it really showed why minority groups are angry, the culture of blaming the reaction rather than the cause.

I thought it was totally brilliant.

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Thank you all for contributing to this thread. I wasn't aware of this series until I read your comments. The series sounds really interesting and I'll start watching it soon. I'll post my thoughts on it once I've completely my viewing.

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I thought the series was excellent, not just a compelling story of racism but a clever allegory of how racism can cause individual and generational trauma. It's all the more shocking when you realise the basis of the series is factual.

Last edited: