Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
I have posted the first of a series of videos to celebrate the upcoming (well, too early but...) 40th anniversary of Knots Landing. This one below is a Top Ten of the best episodes, excluding Season Premieres and Finales. As you all know, only the first two seasons are released on dvd, so the quality of some of the clips is not too good. I hope you like the video, my choice of episodes and the info I added too. Feel free to express your opinions in this thread! More Knots videos coming soon!

PS: To please all of you, I put in the video one of the famous eye-rollings of Laura, aka Constance McCashin. You are welcome!! ;):p

Last edited:

Richard Channing

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I have posted the first of a series of videos to celebrate the upcoming (well, too early but...) 40th anniversary of Knots Landing. This one below is a Top Ten of the best episodes, excluding Season Premieres and Finales. As you all know, only the first two seasons are released on dvd, so the quality of some of the clips is not too good. I hope you like the video, my choice of episodes and the info I added too. Feel free to express your opinions in this thread! More Knots videos coming soon!

PS: To please all of you, I put in the video one of the famous eye-rollings of Laura, aka Constance McCashin. You are welcome!! ;):p

Wonderful! Loved your choices and great comments once again. Keep up the good work!

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Thanks a lot "Master"! My first Knots video, and more to come soon! After all, next December it´s the 40th anniversary of our dear show! I wish the image was much better, but that´s all we have.

Next video will probably be, either the Top 10 Falcon Crest episodes, or the Top 10 Supersoaps Cliffhangers. All the comments and opinions are appreciated, and also the subscriptions to my YouTube Channel.

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Here is my first video of the week. This time I went for something a bit more ambitious and, instead of a Top Ten, I decided to do a Top 39. Why this number? Because it turns out to be the number of Season Finales that were aired by the American networks in the 80´s (1980-89) but didn´t end up being Series Finales. So the endings of "Dynasty", "Falcon Crest" and "Flamingo Road" are left out. On the contrary, I did include the fabulous Series Finale of "The Colbys" because it sort of continued on "Dynasty"...

The "Knots" Season Finales you can see here belong to the first ten seasons, though the first year didn´t really end with a cliffhanger. Sorry for the low quality of some of the clips, but you know, better than anyone, how hard can be to get decent clips of "Falcon Crest" or "Dynasty". It´s a countdown list, from the one with a lower number of viewers to the one who topped the list (shhhh...). I used the Nielsen audience numbers for the respective weeks, not the overall ranking for the whole season nor the "share" info. I hope TPTB allow me to keep this video online, but so far it seems there´s hardly anything in it that deserves my beheading...

As usual, please express your opinions in this thread (though I will post the video in the other forums' thread for my Top Ten videos). Enjoy the images and think that some excellent cliffhangers were seen by not too many people (for the era, because now all of them surpass most of the cable shows...).

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Voilà my second "Knots"-centric video, this time for the Top 40 + 1 (40 for the anniversary it will celebrate in December and one plus just because!) best quotes. I hope you like seeing those clips again. This one was really hard to finish, not only because there was a myriad of great lines to choose from, but also because the sound quality of the clips post Season 2 is quite horrendous to be honest! I tried my best! Funny how I didn´t need to use anything from the latter seasons when I made the Dallas quotes video, but I really wanted to use something from all the "Knots" years in this one! I´d say that dialogues always were remarkable in KL though sometimes the storylines were a bit disappointing.

PS: You are about to see an Abby-fest! And an eye-roll included too!

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Here´s this week´s first Top 10 video, now for the best Character Introductions in a Primetime Soap. "Return" scenes are discarded because they will have their own Top 10. Meaning that, Alexis´ is in, but not Abby´s in the last episode of KL. This is actually another Dynasty-fest, so I will have to go to the doctor´s for a check-up! Again, sorry for the poor quality of some clips and the expanded version of others. I didn´t really mean for Beacham´s breasts to look so...well, you will know what I mean when you watch it. Two KL stars (+plus another "honorably mentioned") are in this!

Enjoy this video and get ready for another one soon!

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
From now on this character will be played by...

No, seriously, TPTB are against me again and I re-posted the Top 10 Character Introductions video here:
https://dai.ly/x7bon6u

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Here is my newest video, now for the top ten most memorable Season Premieres of a Supersoap. I hope it is on enough time for you to watch it. As usual, I have included "Dallas", "Knots Landing", "Falcon Crest", and "Dynasty", because they were the ones that had the best Season Premieres. Remember that I already did one video for the most watched Season Finales (see above). This video will probably be uploaded to Dailymotion if YouTube banishes it for some kind of obscure reason. In this case I will re-post here the new URL. Thanks a lot for your interest and encouragement. More videos to come soon! Opinions are not only welcome but very much-needed!

In case the YouTube link disappears, here is the same video to watch from Dailymotion! Enjoy it!

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Here is this week´s video. Due to the subject ("huge mistakes that ruined the Supersoaps", go figure...!), it will take two parts to complete. You can watch Part One here, with the first (or last) 5 mistakes. Including the "usual suspects": "Dallas", "Dynasty", "Falcon Crest", "Knots Landing", and "The Colbys". "Flamingo Road" will appear in Part Two...I hope you enjoy this video, as you can see at the end, I´ve included thanks to you all here on Soapchat because part of the info you can read about the shows, could be found and confirmed thanks to the threads and posts from here that Google directed me to.

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Here is this week´s video, the second and last part of the Top Ten "Huge Mistakes that Ruined the Supersoaps". This one is a bit longer and, as in the previous one, covers the four major soaps (both D´s, Falcon and Knots), and also "The Colbys" and "Flamingo Road" because...well, we are talking here of "huge mistakes"...if you know what I mean. Number One (the last part) includes a bit of TV history about why we are using a certain expression for a certain moment when quality begins to drop...

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Voilà my latest video and the first new one for September. This time it's for the 10 (+1) rags-to-riches women in the Supersoaps, i.e., those (mostly) young ladies who, despite their humble (or just poor) origins, got to have millions in their banks. As usual, it's a countdown video starting with number 11, plus three more as "honorable mentions". Enjoy them and "like" if you like...

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
And now, for this week´s second video, in this case, presenting the 10 best performances in the history of "Knots Landing", which will be 40!! next December... Guess who´s on top of the list...? :spinning:

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Here´s this week´s video with the trivia subject of "Top 22 Actors Who Started on the Supersoaps". This doesn´t include those who already had a professional career behind or those who left acting a few years after their debuts. As usual, I´m taking into account the 4 major soaps. There are so many Knots alumni that I begin to wonder if they had some agreement with one of those prestigious acting schools in Hollywood... I hope you like the video!

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Time for a new video and for jumping into the crazy but glamorous world of Supersoaps, this time to remember the most glamorous parties we could attend during the 80s! Enjoy the video!

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Finally our SoapChat is back...and my Supersoaps videos too...Next is...

"Top 12+1 Supersoap Characters who outstayed their welcome". You know them, you fear them, you fast-forward their scenes...because they just weren´t the fabulous characters you watched the shows for. And sometimes they seemed not to want to leave for anything in the world. Don´t miss the video: you might get a few laughs at some point of it!

That Bowie Girl

Soap Chat Rebel
LV

Reaction score
have posted the first of a series of videos to celebrate the upcoming (well, too early but...) 40th anniversary of Knots Landing.
This is fantastic @Piggy It's Kermit Outside I love it. It's wonderful just how creative you are. I have started to re-watch Knots and am looking forward to seeing all the moments again.

I will be back to watch the rest soon!

Thank you for this!

:03:

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
This is fantastic @Piggy It's Kermit Outside I love it. It's wonderful just how creative you are. I have started to re-watch Knots and am looking forward to seeing all the moments again.

I will be back to watch the rest soon!

Thank you for this!

:03:

Thanks a lot for your kind words @That Snowy Girl! For some reason I kind of clicked on "optimistic" when I read it! I´m gonna make more Knots-centric videos now that its anniversary is imminent! And more multi-supersoap too! Keep tuned in!

And have yourself a merry little Christmas!!

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Voilà my newest Top 10 video, this time for the best scenes without dialogues from "Knots Landing". And I don´t mean without "words" (there are a few words here and there, but no actual "dialogue", as well as some songs too, which of course include words in their lyrics). Enjoy the video in the 40th anniversary of the cul-de-sac saga!!

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Here is this week´s first video, celebrating the Top 10 jinxed weddings in the Supersoaps. I hope you like it (if it "disappears", I´ll upload it somewhere else...). I tried to make my own "restoration" to some of the clips though I´m afraid it´s not too sophisticated...

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
New video this week dedicated to the best (or worst!) fashion statements done by the supersoap designers that would make funny choices for Carnival! I hope you like it!