Trump Says 'Illegal Leaks' Indicate He'll Be Arrested Tuesday

CeeCee72

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
@Frank Underwood

Is there a feeling or mood on the ground if Trump is found guilty and in the worst case scenario has to do time this action will embolden his base? Or could this fine mess backfire on the Democrats and sway voters towards Ron DeSantis if he decides to run in 2024?
That's a very real possibility. Given how unpopular the idea of a second Biden term is - even with Democrats - DeSantis is the real winner in this mess.

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
@Frank Underwood

Is there a feeling or mood on the ground if Trump is found guilty and in the worst case scenario has to do time this action will embolden his base? Or could this fine mess backfire on the Democrats and sway voters towards Ron DeSantis if he decides to run in 2024?
My take on this.

The indictment of Trump and his possible conviction will galvanise MAGA fanatics to vote for Trump and this may very well help him become the Republican nominee. However, in the final election to be President, he has to attract voters who previously voted for Biden, other candidates and those who didn't vote at all and if Trump is found guilty it will put these voters off him even more. So in the long term I think it will harm his Presidential ambitions.

Frank Underwood

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
@Frank Underwood

I firmly believe that the timing of Trump's indictment was intended to derail his campaign. If he ends up incarcerated, DeSantis will likely cinch the Republican nomination.

It could backfire on the Democrats if enough voters see Trump's indictment as a political maneuver rather than the carrying out of justice. Biden's not too popular anyway.

Biden has a habit of tipping his hand. Just like he said "we will bring an end to the Nordstream 2 Pipeline," he also said Trump wouldn't be allowed to become president again.

Did Biden Admit He’s Behind Trump’s Prosecution?! - YouTube

Last edited:

CeeCee72

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I firmly believe that the timing of Trump's indictment was intended to derail his campaign. If he ends up incarcerated, DeSantis will likely cinch the Republican nomination.

It could backfire on the Democrats if enough voters see Trump's indictment as a political maneuver rather than the carrying out of justice. Biden's not too popular anyway.

Biden has a habit of tipping his hand. Just like he said "we will bring an end to the Nordstream 2 Pipeline," he also said Trump wouldn't be allowed to become president again.

Did Biden Admit He’s Behind Trump’s Prosecution?! - YouTube
Why would Biden want to detail Trump's campaign? Trump is the ONLY Republican Biden can beat

Frank Underwood

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Why would Biden want to detail Trump's campaign? Trump is the ONLY Republican Biden can beat
My guess is the establishment wing of both parties doesn't want to take the slim chance of Trump getting back into office. He attacked their media, their intelligence agencies, and revealed their secrets like the fact we go to war with Middle Eastern countries to steal their oil. On top of being a blabbermouth, Trump's foreign policy is all over the place. One minute he's quite bellicose, and the next he's talking about withdrawal. The establishment wants a president they can easily control, and Trump's too much of a wild card.

I think the Democrats learned to not underestimate Trump after 2016. They thought he was the easiest Republican to beat then too, hence their "pied piper" strategy. That failed, so now they're taking the opposite approach. Biden made it clear back in November that Trump would be dealt with if he ran in 2024. Biden told a reporter "We just have to demonstrate that he will not take power if he does run by making sure, under the legitimate efforts of our Constitution, he does not become the next president again."

Until now, presidents had carte blanche to commit heinous crimes with impunity. It seems obvious to me why Trump is being treated differently, even if the charges are legit.

Last edited:

Rove

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I'm also curious to know where does The Republican Party sit in all this? Is it too early for the party to publicly denounce/expel Donald Trump from the party in fear of alienating his base therefore bleeding voters. Are they buying time to see how these charges pan out? Is it possible the party has quietly tapped DeSantis on the shoulder and said, "You need to run."

CeeCee72

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I'm also curious to know where does The Republican Party sit in all this? Is it too early for the party to publicly denounce/expel Donald Trump from the party in fear of alienating his base therefore bleeding voters. Are they buying time to see how these charges pan out? Is it possible the party has quietly tapped DeSantis on the shoulder and said, "You need to run."
The Republican party can NEVER denounce Trump - no matter what. A third of the party's base view him as a beloved, cult like leader. They will never turn from him. And THEY decide the Republican primary.

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
that is scary as hell, what i don't get is the judge he's stuck with has gotten death threats, as well as the judge's kids and also the Bragg as well everyone has and all because trump is still allowed on social media and he's not letting up. he's even said that and if they did a gag order you got a better chance of getting hit by lighting 62 times in a row and surviving than getting trump to shut the hell up. they should throw him in an orange jump suit take away his damn phone. & keep his fat ass out of the court room. the jury also i think is getting death threats as well. trump himself isn't doing it but he's having his cult do it on all the shit he's says and they buy into it.

now if any of us did this we'd be in jail but he's still allowed to go on social media and he's still allowed to go home by question uh WHY? when you turn yourself into the police you don't normally get to go home every night for dinner. you stay in damn jail. but since he's rich he doesn't get that how f... up is that?

where does the republican party stand? they are on his side even the ones who can't stand him and the reason i think is simple if he actually goes to jail for all the shit he's done and he is held accountable for a change than they can too so they are playing nice with him i think in case he does get off and we get stuck with him playing president again and all he's gonna do is go on a revenge streak and fire everyone who went against him and this country will get even worse than when he was playing president before. i say playing cause i refuse to acknowledge he actually acted like one

Last edited:

Frank Underwood

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The Republican party can NEVER denounce Trump - no matter what. A third of the party's base view him as a beloved, cult like leader. They will never turn from him. And THEY decide the Republican primary.
Many anti-Trump neocon Republicans defected to the Democratic Party after Trump won in 2016. This trend will likely continue as long as MAGA defines the Republican Party. We already have two right wing parties in the US as it is. If this scenario plays out, the Overton window will continue moving even further towards the right. Truly a nightmare.

Last edited:

CeeCee72

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Many anti-Trump neocon Republicans defected to the Democratic Party after Trump won in 2016. This trend will likely continue as long as MAGA defines the Republican Party. We already have two right wing parties in the US as it is. If this scenario plays out, the Overton window will continue moving even further towards the right. Truly a nightmare.
I agree. I am a 50 year old white woman who is an independent voter. Was a Republican until 2008. Couldn't take the war crimes and the Patriot Act. I tend to vote Democrat (lesser of two evils), but they really ARE both right wing parties. It's terrifying to think how bad things have gotten, and they continue to get worse. I honestly don't know what the answer is - I just don't think a third party candidate can win.

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
it's really sicking how bad it's gotten and you it didn't start with Trump it started from what i understand during the Regan Era with his Trickle down Economics

which back than was good on paper and from what i understood was a failure

Frank Underwood

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
it's really sicking how bad it's gotten and you it didn't start with Trump it started from what i understand during the Regan Era with his Trickle down Economics

which back than was good on paper and from what i understood was a failure
Pretty much. And after 12 years of a Republican occupying the White House, the Democrats decided to become more right wing starting with Bill Clinton in 1993.

Looking back, it's pretty crazy that the 1994 crime bill, the defense of marriage act, don't ask/don't tell, NAFTA, the consolidation of media companies, WACO, "welfare reform" that penalized poor people, air strikes on Iraq, etc. all occurred while Clinton was president. It's also funny how Republicans were so eager to impeach him considering he was delivering the neocon agenda on a silver platter. It just goes to show how tribal politics is. What you do in office doesn't matter as much as what party you belong to.

Sadly, our only options are to vote for an unviable third party, not vote at all, or vote for the person who we think is the lesser of two evils. Lucky us!

Last edited:

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
yep what i find really messed up is Clinton caught hell for cheating on his wife and he got impeached didn't he? for that? but than than we get a president who cares nothing about our country at all or anyone in it for that matter who isn't him. and he gets impeached not once but twice and he gets off both times and than they wonder how they got into so much trouble. yeah i voted for Biden and he wasn't my guy i'd rather have Bernie to be honest. but biden is better than Trump and while Biden isn't a great president he's done some good things and some really stupid things much like your standard president. you also don't hear stories about nobody getting along in the white house it was like the Jerry Springer show everyday while trump was playing president. with Biden it's nice and quiet where we do hear from him time to time and it is so nice.

Frank Underwood

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
As the indictments against Trump continue to rack up, Rachel Maddow and Hillary Clinton chose to whine about Trump denying the election results. According to them, it undermines the public's trust in our democracy when a politician only recognizes the legitimacy of an election if they won. Hmm, weren't these two of the biggest Russia-gaters during Trump's presidency? But because the mainstream media runs interference for Dems, it's left to self-proclaimed "jagoff pothead comedian in his garage" Jimmy Dore to post a compilation of Democrats (including HRC) saying the 2016 election was stolen from her. What would American politics be without narcissists and hypocrites?

Hillary & Rachel Maddow Tell The Biggest Lie Of 2023! - YouTube

Last edited:

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
As the indictments against Trump continue to rack up, Rachel Maddow and Hillary Clinton chose to whine about Trump denying the election results. According to them, it undermines the public's trust in our democracy when a politician only recognizes the legitimacy of an election if they won. Hmm, weren't these two of the biggest Russia-gaters during Trump's presidency? But because the mainstream media runs interference for Dems, it's left to self-proclaimed "jagoff pothead comedian in his garage" Jimmy Dore to post a compilation of Democrats (including HRC) saying the 2016 election was stolen from her. What would American politics be without narcissists and hypocrites?

Hillary & Rachel Maddow Tell The Biggest Lie Of 2023! - YouTube

They indeed are "talking into a mirror" --- Maddow and Hillary are both Cancer Rising/Moon in Pisces.