TV show from the nineties or earlier (dinosaurs!)

Narktor

Telly Talk Newbie
LV

Reaction score
I saw this TV show when I was a kid in the 90s.

I was absolutely frantic about dinosaurs and that show contained at least some ^^

The premise of the show was (or seemed to be as far as I remember) that a small group of people somehow wound up in some "lost world" with dinosaurs in it after being caught in a current with their rubber boat
and then sliding down some underground passage into said "lost world".

There they encountered a prehistoric (jungle) world where dinosaurs and other extinct species still roamed around. I think most of the show was shot in a studio with lots of requisites and physical backdrop.
Also, there were some aliens I guess ^^ They encountered some lizard guy from time to time who either helped them or gave them orders. I dont know anymore ^^ This lizard guy was always around some alien-ish monolithic structures which resembled buildings from classical egypt, I think ^^

I have literally NO IDEA what the name of that TV show was ^^
But thats where you come into play:D
If someone of you could help me out here I would GREATLY appreciate it!:)

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
It sounds like the 1970s series, Land of the Lost, which was produced mostly for children to watch after Saturday morning cartoons, since it bridged the gap between cartoons/animation and live-action children's programming.

Narktor

Telly Talk Newbie
LV

Reaction score
Dang, now I need to get this series from somwhere ^^
The archive offers it for download.

But its only in english (which is not a major issue) and I wonder if the quality is..."okay". Usually its worse than what you get on dvd.
I live in germany. I can see on amazon that there are merchants offering the complete series for a steep price on dvd.

Unfortunately they dont ship to germany.
Anyone ideas?^^

Btw. it seems that from the german synchro, only 7 episodes survived in OG quality.

Man what a shame ^^

LoganRhinewood

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I remember that show, too! I loved it as well when I was a kid!