LV

Reaction score
Awards

Pamela_E

administrator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
After reading this thread I was looking back through lots of old stuff about the website.

It's easy to forget how big the site was and all the work people put into it. Many people. I was rembering way back in 1998 we had live chats with the actors. So exciting. Then all the various events and news. The awards the site won from the BBC to a two page spread in Inside Soap magazine. Loads of news coverage.

It was so exciting. It was there really when the Web really started to take off with dial up connections, real player's blurry videos and IRC chat.

I remember the actors didn't even know what a website was.

The anniversary event in Dallas, and then the return of Dallas, which as Cynthia Cidre said would never have happened without the website and forum.

Fun times those early days, like pioneers. Weird to think Dallas had only been off the air for 6 years when it started.

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
Oh! Do you remember that time - I found the article yesterday - when Charlene was quoted as saying that thing that she said she didn’t say and it was printed and we were running around trying to find a copy of it and it all went tits up?! @Pamela_E :run::run::run::run::run::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated:

Pamela_E

administrator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Oh! Do you remember that time - I found the article yesterday - when Charlene was quoted as saying that thing that she said she didn’t say and it was printed and we were running around trying to find a copy of it and it all went tits up?! @Pamela_E :run::run::run::run::run::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated:

Oh about Victoria? Was that it?

Funny enough I was reading the interview with Sheree J Wilson described VP as regal, when asked what she meant, she said she didn't want to say anymore. MEOW.

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
Oh about Victoria? Was that it?

Funny enough I was reading the interview with Sheree J Wilson described VP as regal, when asked what she meant, she said she didn't want to say anymore. MEOW.
Yeah I reckon there’s some truth in it, but that’s what I’ve always believed anyway!

Luke_Krebbs_Ewing

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy
I've just clicked on my link and the site is back up again.

Actually, it just appears to be the main menu page.

Such a shame. :(

Last edited:

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
I remember posting the CT article here - from OK magazine and worrying I would get sued ;)

you mean this one ?????? :eck: CT0010

I’m even worried talking about it now! Let’s talk in tongues :Clol:

Pamela_E

administrator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I’m even worried talking about it now! Let’s talk in tongues :Clol:

Are you talking about this one?

I thought it was Hello magazine.

Let's face it, we know there was a bitterness between the cast and VP.

Something happened in 2004 which left a dent so big it was unrepairable.

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
Are you talking about this one?

I thought it was Hello magazine.

Let's face it, we know there was a bitterness between the cast and VP.

Something happened in 2004 which left a dent so big it was unrepairable.
Ok you’ve said it so it’s now safe. Yes that one. I do find it hard to believe there wasn’t some truth in it, I just don’t think Charlene expected it to be printed. Having said that I love Charlene, so I hope she wasn’t just misquoted by a poor journalist.

Something has happened and it would tie in to what we were told regarding Victoria not being asked to participate in TNT @Pamela_E .

Then when she wasn’t invited to take part in the Stars in their Eyes webcam last year and she questioned why, Josh Henderson tweeted ‘Are you serious!!??’

So there’s something.

Pamela_E

administrator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Ok you’ve said it so it’s now safe. Yes that one. I do find it hard to believe there wasn’t some truth in it, I just don’t think Charlene expected it to be printed. Having said that I love Charlene, so I hope she wasn’t just misquoted by a poor journalist.

Something has happened and it would tie in to what we were told regarding Victoria not being asked to participate in TNT @Pamela_E .

Then when she wasn’t invited to take part in the Stars in their Eyes webcam last year and she questioned why, Josh Henderson tweeted ‘Are you serious!!??’

So there’s something.

Wowsers I missed all this. What happened?

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
Wowsers I missed all this. What happened?
Cynthia Cidre told me and Colin at the Channel 5 launch that Victoria wasn’t invited to participate and that she wasn’t a popular cast member. I’m sorry guys but that’s what was said. I wouldn’t misquote anyone.

Then during Covid, Charlene set up a fundraising chat for actors with Linda Patrick and Steve. Victoria was asked by a fan would she take part to which she very publicly announced ‘I wasn’t invited’.

Josh Henderson tweeted back ‘Are you serious?!?’ ( don’t quote me word for word but it was not a sympathetic comment) as if to question why did she think she would be.

That’s all I know. :innocent:

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Cynthia Cidre told me and Colin at the Channel 5 launch that Victoria wasn’t invited to participate and that she wasn’t a popular cast member. I’m sorry guys but that’s what was said. I wouldn’t misquote anyone.

Then during Covid, Charlene set up a fundraising chat for actors with Linda Patrick and Steve. Victoria was asked by a fan would she take part to which she very publicly announced ‘I wasn’t invited’.

Josh Henderson tweeted back ‘Are you serious?!?’ ( don’t quote me word for word but it was not a sympathetic comment) as if to question why did she think she would be.

That’s all I know. :innocent:
That's really interesting and I had no idea that Victoria wasn't popular amongst the cast. I don't think the entire cast could have had a negative opinion of her though because Patrick Duffy has always spoken fondly of her and he appeared happy to appear with her on Family Guy long after Dallas ended.

Wasn't Josh just expressing surprise that she wasn't invited considering she was such an important part of the original series? As he wasn't part of the original series he wouldn't necessarily know about how some cast members felt about her.

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
Well that is not all Cynthia revealed. I think for the most part the present cast are being as kind and tactful as they can be, and although Patrick may have fond memories I do believe something has happened to change that but please don’t shoot the messenger! Plus Colin was with me when it was said.

And what Josh said as far as I saw was not said fondly I’m really sorry. It was more of a ‘why do you think you would be invited?’

I’m probably gonna have to go wash dishes to pay for my solicitors bill now.

:nice:

the-lost-son

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Next to the dream season, Victoria Principal is probably the most discussed topic in our forum.

One has to distinguish between the character and the actress.

Pam was one of the show's favorite characters - the audience sharing the full range of her emotions during her many great storylines. After 9 years the actress left at a time when TV landscape was changing and the ship of Dallas sinking. I always accept her decision to leave, opting not to return, but I don't idealise her - neither for her foresight nor for her enormous financial success.
As a fan I can appreciate that Larry Hagman, Patrick Duffy and Linda Gray stayed connected with the show to its very end. I don't think they have any less foresight and I'm pretty sure they are/were all financially well off.
BBG or Ken Kercheval distanced themselves as well to a certain degree (which - again - was their right) but there was neither any indication that they might have been difficult to work with.

There is a fine line between "distancing yourself" and "difficult to work with".
VP on Terry Wogan in the 80s is a treat to watch - funny, hilarious, joyful. But people change over the decades.

All we "know" of VP during the last 20 years:
1. She cares for animals in a way which can only be admired.
2. Her letter in 2013 stating not participate in a "desperate" return.
I disliked the use of this word. None of the other Dallas alumni returning were desperate. I would have liked her back, as I was happy to watch LH, PD, LG one more time in their iconic roles (despite the show's numerous faults). I can accept her decision fully not to do so.
Each to his own. But there is no need to idealize her therefor.
3. But in 2009 she threatened her housemaid at gunpoint. That - in my mind - can be described with the word "difficult".

As VP distanced herself to Dallas between 1987 - 2004 it's safe to assume that sth. happened which reduced her degree in esteem additionally.

Last edited:

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Well that is not all Cynthia revealed. I think for the most part the present cast are being as kind and tactful as they can be, and although Patrick may have fond memories I do believe something has happened to change that but please don’t shoot the messenger! Plus Colin was with me when it was said.

And what Josh said as far as I saw was not said fondly I’m really sorry. It was more of a ‘why do you think you would be invited?’

I’m probably gonna have to go wash dishes to pay for my solicitors bill now.

:nice:
I wasn't questioning the accuracy of you what you posted I was just offering another interpretation of the facts of which I'm aware.

James from London

International Treasure
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Next to the dream season, Victoria Principal is probably the most discussed topic in our forum.

One has to distinguish between the character and the actress.

Pam was one of the show's favorite characters - the audience sharing the full range of her emotions during her many great storylines. After 9 years the actress left at a time when TV landscape was changing and the ship of Dallas sinking. I always accept her decision to leave, opting not to return, but I don't idealise her - neither for her foresight nor for her enormous financial success.
As a fan I can appreciate that Larry Hagman, Patrick Duffy and Linda Gray stayed connected with the show to its very end. I don't think they have any less foresight and I'm pretty sure they are/were all financially well off.
BBG or Ken Kercheval distanced themselves as well to a certain degree (which - again - was their right) but there was neither any indication that they might have been difficult to work with.

There is a fine line between "distancing yourself" and "difficult to work with".
VP on Terry Wogan in the 80s is a treat to watch - funny, hilarious, joyful. But people change over the decades.

All we "know" of VP during the last 20 years:
1. She cares for animals in a way which can only be admired.
2. Her letter in 2013 stating not participate in a "desparate" return.
I disliked the use of this word. None of the other Dallas alumni returning were desparate. I would have liked her back, as I was happy to watch LH, PD, LG one more time in their iconic roles (despite the show's numerous faults). I can accept her decision fully not to do so.
Each to his own. But there is no need to idealize her therefor.
3. But in 2009 she threatened her housemaid at gunpoint. That - in my mind - can be described with the word "difficult".

As VP distanced herself to Dallas between 1987 - 2004 it's safe to assume that sth. happened which reduced her degree in esteem additionally.
And nobody's just one thing. There's no reason VP can't be caring and distant, lovely and difficult. We all contain multitudes. I mean, I've been told I'm a dream and a nightmare to work with (not by the same person; I'm still working on that one.)

Last edited: