Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
I wasn't questioning the accuracy of you what you posted I was just offering another interpretation of the facts of which I'm aware.
I know honey.

i am just very aware how certain information may be perceived and I’m just passing on what I was told.

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
One friend of Victoria said, years ago, that she's "nothing like Pam Ewing -- nothing..." and one would think so. For one thing, Victoria is many, many years older than she looks, thanks to all those melon-scented biomoisturespheres.

David Jacobs admitted that Victoria didn't have the best relationship with the executives... that probably meant she stood up for herself and was willing to put her foot down on certain issues --- how reasonably, we can only guess. But one tends to surmise that she might be a bit of a gorgeous battle axe.

That said, I remember reading here, after the 2004 "Return to Southfork" reunion special, how several of the female posters thought Linda and Victoria had had a fight off-camera. As a guy, I thought: 'oh, those silly female posters, looking to manufacture drama where there is none..'

But after re-watching it a second or third time, I realized there was no question that they were right, and that something had clearly transpired between Linda and Victoria.... I'm assuming Victoria didn't dial 9-1-1 and force Linda to sign an affidavit publicly taking blame for the entire incident, but I dunno.

At any rate, Principal has been fairly honest that the DALLAS family got on like any family, one with their own share of problems.

Last edited by a moderator:

Barbara Fan

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Witness, Vertigo, Spellbound
I thought it was Hello magazine.

Let's face it, we know there was a bitterness between the cast and VP.

no it was OK, final question to Miss T

I would disagree with bitterness between cast and VP, Id say it was more that she wasnt part of the Dallas Clique of Larry, Linda and Patrick and thats fine, neither was Barbara, or Howard or Steve or Susan or Ken et al I have no issues with Larry, Linda and Patrick being best friends, thats great they were and had fun but its not for everyone. Howard Keel said once he always felt an Outsider on Dallas despite being int the show since S3

Howard and Barbara loved her, so did Ken K

And I think there was a little jealousy there and that came from someone married to a Dallas star, as VP went onto make "more money than the cast put together"

And at the end of the day I dont really give 2 hoots if people like her or not, She went onto mega success, spends her money on good causes and if she chooses not to talk about Dallas thats OK, Why should she, Its not her "career now" and she doesnt need to sell autographs to fans like me if she doesnt want to, I wish she would but those days have gone and she has moved on from a job that was more than 30 years ago since she appeared in the role.

She is funny on FB, supports good causes, lives a life that I didnt think VP would with her love of animals and thats commendable, she donates to good causes and she replies to you on FB and engages with fans

And as for Josh Henderson - who is he?? Not exactly memorable - Far more people will remember Bobby and Pam than the John Ross recast who has to beg people for money to fund a single!
Victoria Principal was part of the ensemble cast that made Dallas a huge success. By the mid 80s she was the most talked about female Star on TV and on more covers of magazines than anyone except Lady Di and she passed Larry Hagman in terms of the inches of press written about her by 1985.

She could easily have taken the pay rise and continued in the show but I admire the fact that she stuck to her Principals

VP I love ya and I still want to meet you, you are the only cast member Id cross the Atlantic to see = Come on @Pammy P lets go and find her x

Luke_Krebbs_Ewing

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy

I would disagree with bitterness between cast and VP, Id say it was more that she wasnt part of the Dallas Clique of Larry, Linda and Patrick and thats fine, neither was Barbara, or Howard or Steve or Susan or Ken et al

And I think there was a little jealousy there and that came from someone married to a Dallas star as VP went onto make "more money than the cast put together"

and at the end of the day I dont really give 2 hoots if people like her or not, She went onto mega success, spends her money on good causes and if she chooses not to talk about Dallas thats OK, Why should she, Its not her "career now" and she doesnt need to sell autographs to fans like me if she doesnt want to, I wish she would but those days have gone and she has moved on from a job that was more than 30 years ago since she appeared in the role.

She is funny on FB, supports good causes, lives a life that I didnt think VP would with ehr love of animals and thats commdendable, she donates to good causes and she replies to you on FB and engages with fans

And as for Josh Henderson - who is he?? Not exactly memorable - Far more people will remember Bobby and Pam than the John ross recast

VP I love ya and I still want to meet you, you are the only cast member Id cross the Atlantic to see = Come on @Pammy P lets go and find her x

Let's not forget that she also had a special relationship with the actor who played Jock Ewing, the late, great Jim Davis. Victoria resembled his dead daughter Tara and the two of them enjoyed each others company between scenes.

It's no secret that when he passed away a photo of Victoria and Tara was buried with him. :(

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Isn't it true Victoria represented herself rather than employing an agent? This could explain why the (Male) Executives were a little miffed they had to negotiate with an actress.
Probably. She was her own agent, and understands contract law. And she was able to hypnotize them with her gaze and prodigal boobies.

I mean, what chance did they really have??

Pamela_E

administrator
LV

Reaction score
Awards

I would disagree with bitterness between cast and VP, Id say it was more that she wasnt part of the Dallas Clique of Larry, Linda and Patrick and thats fine, neither was Barbara, or Howard or Steve or Susan or Ken et al I have no issues with Larry, Linda and Patrick being best friends, thats great they were and had fun but its not for everyone. Howard Keel said once he always felt an Outsider on Dallas despite being int the show since S3

And I think there was a little jealousy there and that came from someone married to a Dallas star, as VP went onto make "more money than the cast put together"

And at the end of the day I dont really give 2 hoots if people like her or not, She went onto mega success, spends her money on good causes and if she chooses not to talk about Dallas thats OK, Why should she, Its not her "career now" and she doesnt need to sell autographs to fans like me if she doesnt want to, I wish she would but those days have gone and she has moved on from a job that was more than 30 years ago since she appeared in the role.

She is funny on FB, supports good causes, lives a life that I didnt think VP would with her love of animals and thats commendable, she donates to good causes and she replies to you on FB and engages with fans

And as for Josh Henderson - who is he?? Not exactly memorable - Far more people will remember Bobby and Pam than the John Ross recast who has to beg people for money to fund a single!
Victoria Principal was part of the ensemble cast that made Dallas a huge success. By the mid 80s she was the most talked about female Star on TV and on more covers of magazines than anyone except Lady Di and she passed Larry Hagman in terms of the inches of press written about her by 1985.

She could easily have taken the pay rise and continued in the show but I admire the fact that she stuck to her Principals

You are might be right prior to 2004, Patrick and Victoria had done Family Guy, there had been the cast photo shoot in 1996??? (Love that photo),

But without a doubt something that cut really deep happened at the Henry Winkler reunion show. So much so it left a mark that was unfixable.

CT had pleaded with VP to be part of that and everyone was on board with it.
In stark contrast with the 30th reunion, post interviews such as above (although denied) and Dallas TNT. Where it was non negotiable that she could not be part of it.

I doubt it will ever be in the public domain what happened that night.

Pamela_E

administrator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
BTW I like her too. She will always be my fav character along with Donna and Miss Ellie, and Sue Ellen.

I like what VP has done, she is a little bit out there and obviously we don't know the full story. We seen even with Larry, that his public persona didn't equate with what was happening at home. Which is the same for every actor.

VP is very good at PR. So is very good at managing how she is viewed publicly. Fluffy animals and charity.

But good for her, it's nice she still cares.

the-lost-son

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
BTW I like her too.
Me, too.
VP is very good at PR. So is very good at managing how she is viewed publicly. Fluffy animals and charity.
Yes, her PR is good, especially threatening to kill her housemaid was forgotten quite quickly.
There is another rumor that still is out there.
That Larry, Patrick are Linda envied her financial success after VP's departure. For me that's ridiculous. All of them are well off and other things matter more in your life like Larry's health, Patrick's family loss or Linda's private life (great biography) instead of childish comparisons with former colleagues you haven't seen in decades.
You are might be right prior to 2004,

But without a doubt something that cut really deep happened at the Henry Winkler reunion show. So much so it left a mark that was unfixable.
Actually I assume it probably was just difficult behavior of VP during these 3-4 days in 2004.

As it was VP's right not to patricipate (for TNT Dallas, if she had been asked in the 1st place) it was the right of Linda, Larry and Patrick to ask for a working environment of their choosing in 2012. They were all in the 70s/80s - you don't have to put up with more drama when you want to at that age. Each to his own.

I disliked VP's letter in regards to the usage of the word "desperate" in 2013. The rest of the letter was good PR, written probably by a competent agency (the same dealing with the housemaid).

Every actor can chose to return to a series, without being called desperate. Linda, Larry, Patrick did - they certainly were not desperate.
BBG did in 1986 - she, wasn't desperate either like the any other actors which do, did and will return to a former series.

Last edited:

Pamela_E

administrator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Me, too.

Yes, her PR is good, especially threatening to kill her housemaid was forgotten quite quickly.
There is another rumor that still is out there.
That Larry, Patrick are Linda envied her financial success after VP's departure. For me that's ridiculous. All of them are well off and other things matter more in your life like Larry's health, Patrick's family loss or Linda's private life (great biography) instead of childish comparisons with former colleagues you haven't seen in decades.

Actually I assume it probably was just difficult behavior of VP during these 3-4 days in 2004.

As it was VP's right not to patricipate (for TNT Dallas, if she had been asked in the 1st place) it was the right of Linda, Larry and Patrick to ask for a working environment of their choosing in 2012. They were all in the 70s/80s - you don't have to put up with more drama when you want to at that age. Each to his own.

I disliked VP's letter in regards to the usage of the word "desperate" in 2013. The rest of the letter was good PR, written probably by a competent agency (the same dealing with the housemaid).

Every actor can chose to return to a series, without being called desperate. Linda, Larry, Patrick did - they certainly were not desperate.
BBG did in 1986 - she, wasn't desperate either like the any other actors which do, did and will return to a former series.

She wasn't asked back. Cynthia Cidre stated that. For two reasons.

1. She thought Pam was dead after reading the bio on the website. So didn't even contemplate asking her back at the start

2. She was told she could never ask her back.

VP then weirdly stated she did get asked on the show. She 100% didn't get asked.

It's all rather bizarre. It's quite ironic she played Pam the outsider, but in the real life version even Bobby pushed her out :)

VP kind of became the Pam we all wanted to see on screen. Throwing a knife every so often at the Ewings.

Last edited:

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
I’m so tired of this jealousy speculation I really am. It’s inappropriate and why should they be jealous because she made money from a business, they were actors who didn’t have business ventures. If she’d taken off for movie stardom that might be one thing but she didn’t.

Im not a fan of Victoria and from I was a child there were rumours she thought she was the star of Dallas and that she ‘didn’t want to play second fiddle to anyone’. But I wholeheartedly admire her work for animals especially.

We don’t know and I find it very sad that we can speak so derogatorily about stars we go to see, stars we have loved and supported for years. I often wonder what Linda would say if she was accused of being jealous. (I know what she would say) but I don’t get why anyone would turn up to support and see stars that they don’t seem to have a very high opinion of. It doesn’t make sense to me but then the pedestal that Victoria has been placed on where it seems she is entirely innocent of any wrongdoing about ANYTHING doesn’t make sense to me either.

I’ve said it before but I find it really sad that the others are criticised for her choices and/or behaviour. It’s not right.

I’m off to play with my dog.

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Wasn't the outcome of that incident that the maid accepted she behaved in a threatening way and that Victoria was justified to defend herself? The maid subsequently apologised for her behaviour.

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)

:bravo::ig::10::ex:

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
Fair is fair. So this is the proof 1 of what happened with the maid, your honor:

This much is certain: After a housekeeper took former Dallas star Victoria Principal’s dog out for a walk the day after Christmas, the two women got into a heated argument and Principal pulled a gun on her.
But the rest of the story is in dispute, with both sides accusing the other of assault and offering conflicting accounts of the clash. No charges have been filed, leaving the matter in civil court, with back-to-back lawsuits filed in the last week.
Principal, 59, best known for playing Pamela Barnes Ewing on the long-running TV drama who went on to launch a successful line of skin-care products called The Principal Secret, says in a lawsuit filed Tuesday in Superior Court in Santa Monica, Calif., that the troubles began after she hired maid Maribel Banegas through an agency for temporary work.

Walking the Dog​

On Dec. 26, Banegas allegedly came to work in a hostile mood because the actress sought to terminate her due to her “aggressive behavior toward other staff” and poor work performance prior to the dog incident, according to Principal’s lawsuit.

When the maid took the dog out for a walk, she disappeared for an hour, although Principal repeatedly called Banegas to return the pet immediately. Principal accuses Banegas of dragging the pooch by its leash into her Malibu home “so roughly that the dog was coughing and wheezing and its eyes were bulging,” according to the lawsuit, which says the dog suffered an injured back.
Banegas then allegedly “pounded violently on the kitchen counters while yelling … ‘Give me money … Give me my money’ ” before Principal asked her several times to leave, the lawsuit says.

Maid Files Lawsuit​

But Banegas, who filed a personal injury lawsuit against the actress on May 1, says she told Principal she was gone for an hour because she was waiting for the pet to do “its business.” Banegas says Principal “threatened to kill her” after the housekeeper asked for payment for her services.

No shots were ever fired. Principal says she pulled the gun “out of concern for her safety” and because she “was in fear for [her] life.” The maid then locked herself in a room, and Principal called 911. According to the actress, sheriff’s deputies removed Banegas from her home “after subduing Banegas’s attempts to resist arrest.”
But L.A. Sheriff’s spokesman Steve Whitmore says Banegas “cooperated and agreed to leave the location after a payment dispute.” On Jan. 9, Banegas contacted deputies, alleging she’d been assaulted by Principal and filed a report regarding the incident. After an investigation, the case was presented to prosecutors, who eventually rejected the case, citing insufficient evidence, says Whitmore.
A rep for the actress had no comment. Calls to Banegas’s attorney weren’t immediately returned.

https://people.com/celebrity/why-did-victoria-principal-pull-a-gun-on-her-maid/

James from London

International Treasure
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Oh god, do they still broadcast emergency calls? I think that's inexcusable.

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The final outcome of the legal proceedings was a complete victory for Victoria once all the facts were established and the maid apologised for her threatening behaviour.

What happened was that Victoria sacked the maid who got angry and threatening, smashed a door and kidnapped her dog. When the maid returned dragging the distressed dog there were more threats from her which prompted Victoria to take out a gun to make the maid leave.