• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

V

rlr718

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
And yet my memory has her sown as the daughter to Diana. I really do seem to have created my own version of all this. I can't remember Marc Singer making a cameo. I'd love to watch it again, but it will only frustrate me as they cancelled it.
Let us know when you start production on your version! :laughing:

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
Actually Singer only appeared in a couple of scenes of the very last episode. I guess they had hopes they would renew and expand his character (too bad they didn´t, because the show was not half as bad as you could have imagined...).

Chris2

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The original miniseries was conceived to take place in WWII and focus on the Nazis and the resistance. But NBC did show much interest, so the producers reworked it into a WWII allegory with aliens instead. It was also meant to be the pilot for a series. It was highly rated, but NBC feared a series would be too expensive, so they ordered another miniseries instead.

The sequel strayed from the allegory, but it was still a lot of fun and got even higher ratings. It mostly wrapped up the story.

Then NBC decided to order a series, which had to spend some time undoing the ending the the sequel miniseries (the aliens didn’t really leave earth - they were just hiding behind the moon!) It just seemed cheap and shopworn.

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
V was one of things I look back on and to many it looks bad, but it was classically bad if you know what I mean. It was definitely entertaining

CeeCee72

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I watched this recently with my daughter. It was dated and campy and had horrid special effects, but it was also glorious! She and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
i grew up with the show and my Love for Robert England and his talent as an actor came from him on V and from Elm Street as well i have the show on dvd but i need the mini-series on blu-ray or hell even 4K one day too. some of the FX i think have aged fine and others not so much but than i could be wrong as it has been a long time since i last watched it.

Last edited:

Monzo

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Scream series
I watched the entire V again last year. Well, it was much better in my memories, but it was nice watching it again. Diana & Lydia remind me so much of Alexis & Krystle. Their conversations are my favorites. Didn't like the new theme at the end of the show.

thomaswak

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The first mini was great, amazing for its time. The second mini was enjoyable, but they started the camp, and the easy way.
The first season was a joke imo, and killed what could have been a longer lasting franchise. Season 1 had a few enjoyable episodes, but it felt so cheap. Well, cheaper. The lack of budget was so obvious. They should have kept the mini format, and come from time to time, creating the event.

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
what drew me to the film/series wasn't Marc Singer but Robert England this was also the 1st thing i think i ever saw him in outside of him doing the Elm street series, though my favorite tv show of all time was his short Lived but NEEDS to be on blu-ray show from the 90's Nightmare Cafe damn i miss that show and i was really pissed when it got cancelled after only i think a few episodes

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
Last edited: