• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Disney Plus WandaVision

Crimson

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
(This could have just as easily gone in the Comics forum, but there wasn't a Marvel or Disney prefix; Mods, feel free to move it.)

The first Disney+ Marvel series has debuted, with two episodes of WANDAVISION now streaming. When the title was first announced, it annoyed me; a generic portmanteau of the two characters' names, but it makes a lot more sense now.

Some shows can be judged episode by episode; others need to be seen at least by full seasons. I suspect WANDAVISION is one of the later. I didn't have a strong reaction to the first two episodes, but I also don't have a good sense of where the show is going. Taken on their own, the two episodes are amusing pastiche of 1950s/early 1960s sitcoms -- I LOVE LUCY crossed with BEWITCHED. The episodes are impressive recreations of shows of that era and the actors, Elizabeth Olsen in particular, really nail the comedy style. But, without knowing the point, it's hard to judge; I found the episodes too arch to be homage but not arch enough to be parody.

I really wish all of the episodes had been released at once.

image.jpg

Last edited:

thomaswak

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I've just finished the season. The ending was very satisfying imo. The season was very enjoyable.

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I've just finished watching this and I'm not sure what to make of it. The first 2 episodes were kind of dull: neither funny nor did it particularly set up what was going to happen in the subsequent episodes. However, once I understood what they were doing with it I quite liked the series. It's very stylish, very original but I think it's more of a show for the die hard MCU fans.

thomaswak

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I've just finished watching this and I'm not sure what to make of it. The first 2 episodes were kind of dull: neither funny nor did it particularly set up what was going to happen in the subsequent episodes. However, once I understood what they were doing with it I quite liked the series. It's very stylish, very original but I think it's more of a show for the die hard MCU fans.

I think the first episodes were not meant to be really funny, but confusing for the fans of the MCU. A bit like "WTF am I watching". That's what I felt lol
I really was trying to understand what was going on.