General Hospital Watching General Hospital

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
As another chapter in Ava's campaign of chaos, I bet she will hold on to the divorce papers. Why? Because our girl Ava just likes watching the world burn. When the wedding rings arrive at Sonny's she will hide them, too.

Jock Ewing Fan

Telly Talk Dream Maker
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Indiana Jones
I thought that Dom Z was leaving and that Rena Sofer was made recurring.
Rena Sofer should remain a regular. She makes every scene interesting, and she could be the one who helps
Sonny regain his stability. Also, it appears that she could be an assistant to Maxie.
How would Dom Z absence be explained? perhaps not at all.
The scene with Nina and Ava - it is so evident how Maura West is a much better actress than CW.
Maura West is much better at delivering lines, range, subtlety and nuance.
As adversarial characters, Maura West, Jane Elliot and Robin Mattson are far better than CW
Nina was better when Michelle Stafford played the role.
CW doesn't inspire any sympathy or empathy
The scene with Michael and Willow at the Metrocourt -
maybe Michael and Willow could have been more gracious about the Champagne,
but it is the height of arrogance for Nina to swoop in and control their menu.
I know that when I am at a restaurant, I want to pick my own food.
If not Carly,with who will Jason couple ?

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
thought that Dom Z was leaving and that Rena Sofer was made recurring.
Rena Sofer should remain a regular. She makes every scene interesting, and she could be the one who helps
Sonny regain his stability. Also, it appears that she could be an assistant to Maxie.
How would Dom Z absence be explained? perhaps not at all.
I haven't heard anything about Dominic Zamprogna leaving or wanting to leave. But one never knows when you play a character who can get shot dead at any minute. :rolleyes: From those scenes between Lois and Maxie, I think Maxie will ask Lois to "sub-in" for Brook Lynn at Deception while BL is away on her honeymoon, giving Maxie a much-needed ally in the office who can bicker with/babysit Lucy while Maxie gets the "real work" done.

I would love to see Tracy take Maxie under her wing and try to impart some of her business wisdom to Maxie, where Tracy might encourage Maxie to be a bit more.....um, not-nice to get things done. Tracy had wanted to do this with Brook Lynn (the reason she bought Deception out from under Lucy) but since BL doesn't seem to want to become "Tracy. Jr." maybe Tracy could offer her questionable guidance to Maxie. Maxie needs someone to give her a vote of confidence right now.

In the same vein, I'd be thrilled if GH could hire Ryan Paevey to return in a guest role as the ghost of Nathan, who could appear to all his onscreen loved ones who could benefit from a few pep talks. They did this with the ghosts of Alan Q and Emily appearing to Monica and Tracy years ago to great effect. His wife, his sister, and his son could all use some help about now.

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
When someone announced "the only other woman who knows Chase best" had arrived at his bachelor party, I immediately got excited and thought "Oh, so they DID remember Jackie, the Mother of the Groom after all!" And then Blaze walked in. Oh, well....so much for common sense.

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
In the same vein, I'd be thrilled if GH could hire Ryan Paevey to return in a guest role as the ghost of Nathan

He recently said he doesn't want to return because he hates the toxic social media talk that comes with it. He's currently taking a break from acting all together to focus on his shop.

I thought that Dom Z was leaving and that Rena Sofer was made recurring.

Dom Z is not leaving. False rumor that got started when Dante was shot.

Rena was brought in last year on a short-term contract, according to herself. When that expired, she's been sticking around as recurring. I guess both she and GH liked Lois to stick around.

Speaking of recurring... GH seems to have half it's cast on recurring. Well, maybe not half, but more than I thought. Valentin, Lois, Ned, Olivia, Lucy, Scott, Robert, Diane, Martin, Mac, Cyrus, Kevin, Stella & Molly are all recurring.

Jock Ewing Fan

Telly Talk Dream Maker
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Indiana Jones
He recently said he doesn't want to return because he hates the toxic social media talk that comes with it. He's currently taking a break from acting all together to focus on his shop.

Dom Z is not leaving. False rumor that got started when Dante was shot.

Rena was brought in last year on a short-term contract, according to herself. When that expired, she's been sticking around as recurring. I guess both she and GH liked Lois to stick around.

Speaking of recurring... GH seems to have half it's cast on recurring. Well, maybe not half, but more than I thought. Valentin, Lois, Ned, Olivia, Lucy, Scott, Robert, Diane, Martin, Mac, Cyrus, Kevin, Stella & Molly are all recurring.
Didn't realize so many were recurring. Most of those characters are better rhan some of the "Full-time" ones.

Jock Ewing Fan

Telly Talk Dream Maker
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Indiana Jones
It is way past time for a Lucky Spencer recast.
I hope Cyrus is not part of Pikeman. I like his reformation, and Jeff Kober is a great actor who should stay on the show.
I think Valentin may be working for the WSB.

Monzo

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Scream series
It's a shame that when it comes to Ava, writers are going in the well-known direction. I would have liked it if she had told Sonny about the wrong medication. Wouldn't this have increased his respect and proven that she was a confidant?

The fact that some people are now realizing the truth about Sonny is not as exciting as I would have thought. Sasha as a cook isn't particularly exciting either, somehow nothing is exciting at the moment. At least there's no plot to get upset about, but sometimes even that's better than storylines just flowing along.

Jock Ewing Fan

Telly Talk Dream Maker
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Indiana Jones
I would like to see Sonny paired with Eva LaRue's character. It would be a massive improvement over Nina.
Eva LaRue is a good actress and she is bringing layers to her character.
There is room for growth, and if the writing is good, there are some real positives.
Will Chase's mother attend his wedding?
Can't wait to see Alexis reclaim her license, and tell off Nina.
Why pair Drew with Nina? Cameron Mathison deserves better
Jane Elliott and Gregory Harrison are great together.
Please let it be a misdiagnosis and continue their relationship
Way past time for a Lucky recast.
Finn/Liz doesn't work. No real chemistry

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Jane Elliott and Gregory Harrison are great together.
I got to see most of an episode (Thursday, I think) which was largely composed of happenings in and around the Q mansion. A large contingent of the town's kids were milling around, and Tracy was her usual funny/irritated self, making snide remarks about "strangers' children" messing up "Monica's house". Of course none of the kids were strangers but it was funny anyway. Gregory's granddaughter Violet was there, as well as Aiden (who, as Luke's grandson, is Tracy's grandson-by-marriage).
Finn/Liz doesn't work. No real chemistry
There was a strange bit of dialogue at the bachelor party that made me wonder about those two. While talking about Chase and BLQ being so great together (which...no, they're not, but that's another post), Finn made a remark about how he hoped someday to find a woman who would be as much of a soulmate to him as BLQ was to Chase. Either that day's script-writer had no idea Finn/Liz has been pushed on us for EVER, or they were laying groundwork for Finn to start up with someone else more suited to him. He is much more watchable with Alexis (when they can interact), and I even liked him with Anna though I know that ship has sailed. Would they create a new character for him as a romantic interest rather than bring on someone new (or return, like Lucky) for Liz?

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I actually like this Sonny story. After Friday's show, it seems both Kristina and Dante are next to jump off the Sonny support ship and join the long list of "traitors".

As a Sonny & Carly fan, I enjoy seeing Carly inserting herself and wonder about Sonny's medication. Too bad she didn't do like Ava and had them tested. But then again, unlike Ava, she didn't take one and expect an effect that didn't happen.

When Sonny said that Carly's "betrayal" hurt him the most, it made me smile. He loves Carly the most. So obvious, true soap opera style. Carly and Sonny will reunite one day.

I like Drew & Nina together. They were down and out, hated each other, but took advantage of each other for sex. Then they can finally get to know each other for real.

Love BLQ & Chase. Looking forward to a great wedding.

Love that Lois is now working for Deception. Lois vs Tracy vs Lucy. That has great potential!

Since few viewers seem to like Liz & Finn, just break them up and move on. I would like Liz & Jason to get together again. At least see if they work again. Jason will never match with Carly, they are only friends. And I doubt they will pair Jason with Sam considering the actors clashed. So why not "Liaison"?

Gregory & Tracy, much better than him with Alexis.

Sasha as a cook is an obvious plotline to get her and Cody both working for the Qs. Growing closer.

I miss Martin and Mac. Lucy and Felicia need their men back. :)

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Sasha as a cook is an obvious plotline to get her and Cody both working for the Qs. Growing closer.
Who would have guessed that the chief imperative of the new writers would be to give half the characters new jobs? While I agree Sasha's new job is an effort to keep her and Cody in one another's orbit, I think it's more than that. I think the show wants to rebuild the Quartermaine family in general, and not just the blood relations. We have not seen regular staff at the mansion since Alice sort of faded away years ago. Having Sasha and Cody (and Yuri around when possible) would give the mansion a sort of Downton Abbey/Upstairs, Downstairs dimension if handled correctly. Sasha also has a through-line of wanting to be part of a family, so she will get quite a "family" in this bargain. We also have it planted squarely on her shoulders to assure the Q's that they will (after decades) get a REAL Thanksgiving dinner rather than their traditional pizza.
I miss Martin and Mac. Lucy and Felicia need their men back.
When Mac gets back from wherever he's been, is he ever going to be surprised: Anna's no longer kissing Sonny's ass. Jason's alive again but Sonny wants nothing to do with him, and Sonny's former goon Dex is now on the PCPD. Of course it might not matter, because the new writers might decide Mac is going to quit the PCPD and become a waiter at Bobbie's, so Sonny won't be a concern of his any more.

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
When Mac gets back from wherever he's been, is he ever going to be surprised: Anna's no longer kissing Sonny's ass. Jason's alive again but Sonny wants nothing to do with him, and Sonny's former goon Dex is now on the PCPD. Of course it might not matter, because the new writers might decide Mac is going to quit the PCPD and become a waiter at Bobbie's, so Sonny won't be a concern of his any more.

He's away on a mission in South America. But I would think he has found out about the major events at home.

Jock Ewing Fan

Telly Talk Dream Maker
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Indiana Jones
I like seeing Sonny with Eva LaRue's character. real potential for a good match, much better than horrid Nina. Ava's reaction was
noticeable. Maura West is such a good actress that she can convey these layers and nuances quite effectively.

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I thought Ava's head was going to explode. I haven't seen her that mad since that nanny-woman slapped her during the Mason/Austin story.

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Anna must be losing her touch. An ex-spy she doesn't trust sends her flowers and she just places them in the center of the room without searching them for a listening device? Even Austin Powers would know to do that. So now Valentin (potentially) knows all the stuff she talked about with Felicia AND the stuff Jason told her about Carly.

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I've sort of enjoyed seeing them revive Ava as "the operator," manipulating the situation with Sonny and being all scheme-y....but I really liked seeing the tables turned on her by John-not-Jagger yesterday. "Ava backed into a corner" is even more fun somehow. Now would be a good time for them to (finally) reveal what her real goals are in this revival of old Ava, though. I totally understand the maxim "Make 'em laugh, Make 'em cry, make 'em wait," but one of the traps Dan and Chris fell into was making them wait much too long...to the point no one cared any more.

Speaking of Chris, that firing seemingly did not 'take' because he's listed as a Breakdown Writer for the show now. I wonder what that's all about.

Every time they mention Monica, she's got something wrong with her. Pneumonia was the latest excuse (to have a reason for her not to be at the Chase/BLQ wedding). Every time they do this I fear they're setting the stage to kill her off, and that the only reason they keep holding off is because other cast members are passing away in real life (Sonia Eddy, then Jackie Zeman) and their characters went with them. I love Leslie C but I'd rather see Monica get recast than killed off entirely.

As soon as that Congressman revealed he was terminally ill, I knew they were setting up a plotline where someone in Port Chuckles would end up taking over his job---it was just a question of who. My first thought was Ned, given how Wally Kurth's availability is so weird (due to his also being on Days). They could explain Ned's frequent absences by having him in DC. Cameron Mathison's got a similar odd schedule (due to the Hallmark movies), but Drew's most recent activities make Drew a very unlikely candidate for office. A dark-horse candidate might be Michael, whose character is about as dull as dishwater and needs something to give him some dimension. Have him appointed to Congress and immediately start neglecting his family and becoming even more of a jackass to everyone, sending Willow into the arms of another man. If she will cheat with you, she will cheat on you! But of course she won't run back to Chase, since he's happily married. I think the writers won't be able to resist pushing her toward Drew, despite the gross age difference. I mean, Drew sleeping with mother AND daughter? It's textbook soap opera messiness. And I am guessing that they inserted Sasha into the Q mansion just to tease a revival of the Michael/Sasha relationship, too.

Sam McMurray, the guy playing the congressman, was an original cast member on The Tracey Ullman Show and went on to be a guest-star all over the dial, but long before that (late 1979!) he had a bit part on another soap, The Edge of Night, as a hunter who accidentally shot Deborah Saxon (Frances Fisher) in the woods while hunting.

Last edited:

Jock Ewing Fan

Telly Talk Dream Maker
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Indiana Jones
The scene with Carly and Anna was superb. It is a good example of how great GH can be, when it emphasizes good characters and good storylines.
If Gregory continues to decline, will Tracy move him into the Q mansion? Everyone else seems to move in, at some point.
Sonny and Eva LaRue's character - good match, especially now that Ava is..being Ava.
Nina - blaming Ava for her breakup? Nina has only herself to blame, due to her lying, sneaky actions and selfishness

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Speaking of Chris, that firing seemingly did not 'take' because he's listed as a Breakdown Writer for the show now. I wonder what that's all about.
The plot thickens: Patrick Mulcahey has been let go as co-Head Writer after only three months. Yikes! And Chris Van Etten (who was demoted to Breakdown when Mulcahey and Korte were hired) is back in the co-HW position he was just tossed out of. Double yikes!

Last edited: