• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Sons & Daughters Watching/rewatching/discussing The Aussie Hit Show

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
gives a bit of hope that some other series might get the DVD treatment!
1628959909086.png

Sort of a PAPER DOLLS Down Under but our collection is not complete without the kiwi prime time soap!

And I'd love to see a reissue of Let The Blood Run Free because those DVDs are impossible to find.
I've decided to order CHANCES. From the little I've seen it doesn't look very good but I have to know how outrageous it's going to be.

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
^
*kinda expecting the worst-case scenario*
1630157368228.png

And then there was that scene when the blind young woman (already forgot her name) falls out of a car, or something like that. Andy noticed it but didn't react as if it wasn't part of the script.
It happened in the background and wasn't relevant to the scene although it could have been since she was blind and all that. Truly bizarre and absolutely hilarious.

James from London

International Treasure
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Oh my...

Those hoover-related mishaps at the beginning reminded me of an anecdote about a scene in Brookside where the actress playing Mandy Jordache found herself vacuuming in the background of a scene, drowning out everyone else's dialogue. Turns out whoever typed up the script had written "Mandy hoovers" instead of "Mandy hovers".

Mel O'Drama

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
And then there was that scene when the blind young woman (already forgot her name) falls out of a car, or something like that. Andy noticed it but didn't react as if it wasn't part of the script.
It happened in the background and wasn't relevant to the scene although it could have been since she was blind and all that. Truly bizarre and absolutely hilarious.

I seem to remember when I last watched this scene (earlier in this thread) I marvelled at how game the actress was for very clearly doing her own stunts. So however it came about, it worked for me.

Those hoover-related mishaps at the beginning reminded me of an anecdote about a scene in Brookside where the actress playing Mandy Jordache found herself vacuuming in the background of a scene, drowning out everyone else's dialogue. Turns out whoever typed up the script had written "Mandy hoovers" instead of "Mandy hovers".

That's made my day.

(I suppose it could have been worse. The same typist might have instructed her to sit).

James from London

International Treasure
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I can't remember the details, but a similar error in a Doctor Who script once led to an entire monster being created by mistake.

AndyB2008

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Titanic
copy
View attachment 29407
Sort of a PAPER DOLLS Down Under but our collection is not complete without the kiwi prime time soap!

And I'd love to see a reissue of Let The Blood Run Free because those DVDs are impossible to find.
I've decided to order CHANCES. From the little I've seen it doesn't look very good but I have to know how outrageous it's going to be.
My copy of Chances arrived today. A couple of Prisoner stars in the first ep - Judy's girlfriend and Hannah the illegal immigrant.

And yes, the T&A are from the off.

From watching the first episode, it's as Jeremy Sims described it in an interview - Home and Away with cutaways of boobs.

Last edited:

AndyB2008

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Titanic
George Mallaby, Paul Reid from Prisoner, turns up later in Chances as Richard Parsons, as the husband of Margot Knight's character.

I'm 15 episodes into it and not surprised this struggled against the great LA Law in the same timeslot, as it is a bit boring. Hopefully it will pick up by episode 59.

Chances needed someone like Denise Welch (given her soap roles later) or Joan Collins to spice it up. The DW/JC thing may have got the show talked about in the UK when Sky bought it later.

Last edited:

Mel O'Drama

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Strange, the video starts at 1 h 20 min (approx) something youtube could have remembered if I was logged in into my YT account (which I'm not), but even so, I have no recollection of watching any of this.

I had to look up Paul Dawber, it's Todd from the tacky gym! And for as long as I can remember he's been in that oddly representative image for IMDB's Sons And Daughters page.
1632520491714.png

Why hasn't Oriana joined our S&D cult yet?
Did Wayne hint at a revival, or as they would say these days, a reboot?

I *think* someone (Terry Hansen?) was looking through The Soapy Window when Susan was hiding in Beryl's house during one of her faked death periods.

Alison Carr

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
loved this but wanted more! is Oriana always that excitable? love it. I do love these zoom things but they are always a bit of a tough slog. Id love to see Leila Hayes talk about her time on the show and the same for Abigail but I believe Abigail has left the limelight very firmly behind her. I think it would also be great to hear from the likes of Lisa Crittenden. There is a great new series of Prisoner chats now on youtube called Talking Prisoner and I really would love the same sort of thing for Sons and Daughters.

James from London

International Treasure
LV

Reaction score
Awards

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
There's a third option available for the collection 3 set.
Sons and Daughters: Collection Three - Exclusive Signature Version UPGRADE | Via Vision Entertainment
I wonder if it's possible to upgrade from black to silver marker. It sure would look really nice on that red cardboard.

My biggest fear is that they're going to reuse the artwork from the Pat The Rat DVD, and that the main colour will be pink too.
In that case I will wrap it in aluminium foil!

I think I'll just buy the standard version but maybe this time directly from via vision instead of sanity, that is, if they ship to continental Europe.
Crawford has a UK outlet (of sorts) where British customers can buy The Sullivan DVDs, so maybe there's a difference between international and AU/UK.

Mel O'Drama

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
There's a third option available for the collection 3 set.

Oh lord. This is getting confusing. Am I right in thinking this is an additional $20 for Rowie to write my name while she’s signing it anyway?

I wonder if it's possible to upgrade from black to silver marker. It sure would look really nice on that red cardboard.

Ha. I had this very discussion in the Steps thread recently. My copy of their new album arrived signed in black while @Alexis got silver siggys.

For what it’s worth, my signed Collection One was signed in silver (as seen on page 52).

maybe this time directly from via vision instead of sanity, that is, if they ship to continental Europe.

Via Vision shipped to me in the U.K. Shipping was a bit more than Sanity but I didn’t get stung with any import taxes so it worked out in my favour. On top of this it was really well packed in a box with airbags so I didn’t have any drama over slipcase dents.

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
this is an additional $20 for Rowie to write my name while she’s signing it anyway?
Yes. Maybe it's a good idea to include your Christian names because every letter counts.
I really like the idea that Patricia is going to write to me - enjoy, willie, and to hell with the consequences! - but I'd rather have it on a card or paper instead of the DVD artwork.
Hmm...decision, decision.