The Bold and the Beautiful Watching The Bold and the Beautiful

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The Quarter storyline is really not interesting to me at all. How many flashbacks of them do I need to see? I’m not saying there are any other great storylines on this show right now but I’d rather watch the fallout from Liam’s arrest and Steffy and Finn than watch what they’ve been showing most of this week.

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I find nothing interesting with Liam and Hope, no matter the storyline. And the Vinny storyline was a huge let-down from day 1. The best way to end this story is having Bill and Liam in jail for 20 years and Hope leaving town. But that will of course never happen. I bet Thomas finds out that something doesn't make sense in the hit-and-run and finds out that things aren't what they seem. Someone left an already dying Vinny on the road before Liam came driving. Thus, Liam & Bill will be let go. Forget the cover-up and destruction of evidence. Thomas will be the hero and redeemed. Hope & Liam happily reunited. Bla bla bla.

I am much more interested in Quinn & Carter and Steffy & Finn. I want Quinn and Carter to become a couple. B&B seldom do interracial couples, and this potential couple is hot!

I also want to know more about Finn's family. I want one or both of his parents to be characters we've seen before. Steffy must get a bad mother-in-law relationship!!!

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I find nothing interesting with Liam and Hope, no matter the storyline. And the Vinny storyline was a huge let-down from day 1. The best way to end this story is having Bill and Liam in jail for 20 years and Hope leaving town. But that will of course never happen. I bet Thomas finds out that something doesn't make sense in the hit-and-run and finds out that things aren't what they seem. Someone left an already dying Vinny on the road before Liam came driving. Thus, Liam & Bill will be let go. Forget the cover-up and destruction of evidence. Thomas will be the hero and redeemed. Hope & Liam happily reunited. Bla bla bla.

I am much more interested in Quinn & Carter and Steffy & Finn. I want Quinn and Carter to become a couple. B&B seldom do interracial couples, and this potential couple is hot!

I also want to know more about Finn's family. I want one or both of his parents to be characters we've seen before. Steffy must get a bad mother-in-law relationship!!!
If there’s one thing I do like about the Quarter storyline it’s that I do enjoy the scenes between Shauna and Quinn. The actresses seem to have very good chemistry together and play off each other well. Without spoiling it for anyone who hasn’t seen it yet, their scene at Eric’s house Friday was excellent.

I agree that the Vinny storyline could’ve been so much better. I’m really not sure where they’re going with it but weren’t we told in the beginning that there would be some kind of twist to it? Let’s hope that’s true because it desperately needs one.

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Speaking of Hayes... wtf? That's only Taylor's professional name when she didn't want the Forrester fame to interfere. Hayes was her 1st ex-husband's name. Blake Hayes. He was a control freak who she divorced before even meeting Ridge. Blake loathed Ridge. Taylor's maiden is Hamilton. So why on earth name a baby Hayes? Weird.

I think they should re-cast Taylor considering she's got 2 kids and 3 grandkids on the show.

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Maybe that is part of the reason Hunter Tylo has not come back--she does not want to play a grandmother. I'm reminded of Susan Lucci on All My Children, who was so averse to "Erica" becoming a grandmother that when her on-screen daughters had babies, the word 'grandmother' was not uttered for YEARS. Characters were actually heard referring to Miranda (Erica's granddaughter) as "Erica's daughter's daughter" and other cumbersome "word salad" in order to keep Erica "young".

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Maybe that is part of the reason Hunter Tylo has not come back--she does not want to play a grandmother. I'm reminded of Susan Lucci on All My Children, who was so averse to "Erica" becoming a grandmother that when her on-screen daughters had babies, the word 'grandmother' was not uttered for YEARS. Characters were actually heard referring to Miranda (Erica's granddaughter) as "Erica's daughter's daughter" and other cumbersome "word salad" in order to keep Erica "young".

Nah, I don't think Hunter is like that. She has gone through some nasty things in real life. A abusive husband, death of her son and collapsing during another acting job. I don't think she's interested in coming back unless she gets a great storyline to play. And I somehow douth Brad Bell is interested in giving her that. He's more into the Logans and the Spencers at least Brooke, Hope, Ridge, Liam & Bill. He's become friends with Lawrence Saint Victor who plays Carter, and suddenly Carter gets storylines. His personal interest seems to decide which characters get storylines. Steffy spent years pining for Liam. She was single and didn't really do much. I guess the popularity of Jacqui MacInnes Wood forced Bell's hands and he wrote in Finn for her. But not without some drama with Hope & Liam, of course.

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
His personal interest seems to decide which characters get storylines. Steffy spent years pining for Liam. She was single and didn't really do much. I guess the popularity of Jacqui MacInnes Wood forced Bell's hands and he wrote in Finn for her. But not without some drama with Hope & Liam, of course.
I'm not trying to justify this sort of behavior, but Brad Bell isn't the only one who does this sort of thing. It might not be as obvious, but it occurs with many soap EP's and Head Writers. Bell can be a little more obvious about it because he has quite obvious job security.

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I'm not trying to justify this sort of behavior, but Brad Bell isn't the only one who does this sort of thing. It might not be as obvious, but it occurs with many soap EP's and Head Writers. Bell can be a little more obvious about it because he has quite obvious job security.

Too much power, and it's bad. Hamster wheel and pet favourites. And no one can ever fire him. He's a showrunner dictator.

Monzo

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Scream series
What makes Bell change his mind? He loved Jack Wagner, but suddenly he was gone, same with Hunter Tylo. Kimberlin Brown was welcomed back with open arms and and a weak storyline, but she had to go because she was Republican, that's hard to believe.

CBS fired Peter Lenkov for his awful behavior on his shows, I wouldn't be surprised if one day Bell has to go the same way.

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
What makes Bell change his mind? He loved Jack Wagner, but suddenly he was gone, same with Hunter Tylo. Kimberlin Brown was welcomed back with open arms and and a weak storyline, but she had to go because she was Republican, that's hard to believe.

CBS fired Peter Lenkov for his awful behavior on his shows, I wouldn't be surprised if one day Bell has to go the same way.

Did he really love Jack and Hunter? I doubt it. I think he only liked them. He loves Ridge and Brooke much more. That's why he never really gave Brooke and Nick an honest chance and paired Nick with Bridget instead. And killed off Taylor in 2002 for no good reason. Then only brought Taylor back to cause drama for his precious Brooke and Ridge. Now, he has his precious Liam and Hope too, the next generation of Ridge & Brooke. Steffy is his new Taylor who is always secretly pining for Liam (like Taylor with Ridge), but always losing out to a Logan. I have no doubt in my mind that Steffy will forever want Liam back, like Taylor with Ridge. If Liam should have problems with Hope, Bell will toss in Steffy. All women must want Ridge or Liam, but Bell has made it clear that he thinks their true loves are Brooke and Hope. It's useless to 'ship' them with others. Even though 'Bridge' and 'Lope' are more boring than watching paint dry.

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Why do people have to mention Taylor coming back and get my hopes up? Why? Oh how I hate this thread sometimes!!

But hypothetically speaking, if my all time favorite B&B character was to return? I would have her walk into Brooke and Ridge’s home, shoot them both and just turn around and leave without saying a word. Then after commercial she’s with Steffy, both smiling while they play with Hayes.

Steffy: I‘m so glad ur here Mom. But on the phone you said you’d be here this morning.

Taylor: I’m sorry but I had an errand to run. And please do me a favor. Can you get rid of that hat for me?

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Kimberlin Brown was welcomed back with open arms and and a weak storyline, but she had to go because she was Republican, that's hard to believe.
I'm 99% sure that was not the only reason, but it was somewhere on the list. You have to keep in mind that Brad and Colleen Bell, his wife, are very actively involved in the Democratic party. She was a "bundler" for the 2012 Obama campaign (collecting donations) and was rewarded with an ambassadorship to Hungary despite having no experience whatsoever with the country. Kimberlin Brown and her husband are similarly involved in the Republican party---she even ran for a Congressional seat (as Kimberlin Brown Pelzer) in the Palm Springs area in 2018 or 2020 (I can't recall which) after she left B&B. So both the Bells and the Pelzers have gone past simply having "a point of view" in their personal politics. I'm willing to bet friends of both couples had a lot to say about their friends working with "those people," since everyone is so polarized nowadays.

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I'm 99% sure that was not the only reason, but it was somewhere on the list. You have to keep in mind that Brad and Colleen Bell, his wife, are very actively involved in the Democratic party. She was a "bundler" for the 2012 Obama campaign (collecting donations) and was rewarded with an ambassadorship to Hungary despite having no experience whatsoever with the country. Kimberlin Brown and her husband are similarly involved in the Republican party---she even ran for a Congressional seat (as Kimberlin Brown Pelzer) in the Palm Springs area in 2018 or 2020 (I can't recall which) after she left B&B. So both the Bells and the Pelzers have gone past simply having "a point of view" in their personal politics. I'm willing to bet friends of both couples had a lot to say about their friends working with "those people," since everyone is so polarized nowadays.

I don't think that is much of a factor. Kimberlin recently attended a B&B event where she discussed Sheila's bad deeds. She was questioned if she'd ever return and she answered "you never know". She still seems delighted about her character and the show. Bell invited her back even after she spoke out about her political convictions and support of Trump. Besides, she's not the only republican actor on B&B.

Monzo

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Scream series
Some fans are angry that Bell ruined two black characters in a short time: Carter and Justin. I don't see Carter ruined, but Justin might be. Zoe is also gone, no recast, so people of color don't seem to be so important on B&B anymore.

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Yes, "ruined" is basically a pointless term on B&B. I mean, they said the same thing about the guy in the cage not too long ago, and yet there he is.

Monzo

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Scream series
Kiara Barnes' uneventful departure makes me wonder how B&B is produced nowadays. Are episodes filmed in order of air date? It feels strange that there wasn't enough time to shoot exit scenes with Zoe & Carter and Zoe & Quinn. For weeks Zoe mentioned in almost every line that she is getting scared of this and that concerning Carter and now she's gone without a confrontation. Can't believe that Kiara Barnes announces I'm leaving and then she's gone. Wasn't there any chance to shoot scenes in advance? I get that it wasn't possible to add her at the big Forrester mansion showdown, but couldn't she confront Carter later in his loft?

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Some fans are angry that Bell ruined two black characters in a short time: Carter and Justin. I don't see Carter ruined, but Justin might be. Zoe is also gone, no recast, so people of color don't seem to be so important on B&B anymore.

IMO, Carter & Justin aren't ruined - they just got a helluva lot more interesting! Which character has not cheated? Carter was single when he slept with a married Quinn. And kidnapping... well, Quinn kidnapped an amnesia-Liam once and tricked him into thinking they were married and had sex with him. Much worse. Plus, Justin still blames Thomas for his niece Emma's death. No one should expect Justin to feel anything but disgust for Thomas.

I am rooting for Justin against Bill the bully. He's a thousand times worse than Justin. Bill's crime of leaving the crash site and destroying evidence is worse than what Justin has done.

And I am rooting for Carter & Quinn as a couple. They have such sizzling chemistry, no wonder they can't keep lusting for each other.

Zoe should stay away. I'd rather they bring back Sasha and pair her with Thomas. She was fun.

Finn's mom is apparently Asian and will show up in early August. Wonder if she's his biological mother and the Asian genes didn't take on Finn, or if she's his adoptive mom or stepmom?

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
When a show is willing to let an actress like Kiara Barnes (a newcomer) out of her contract for a role on another program, it could say B&B saw that this role would be a great opportunity for her, that they are supportive enough (or thought enough of her as a person) not to lock her into that contract and force her to pass on the role. Maybe they knew (from their plot projections for the next two or three cycles) that her character was not central to any one plotline, and letting her leave would not cause chaos of the writers. As for the lousy exit, I can only guess that she had to leave in a hurry to start pre-production for Fantasy Island and thus did not get a proper send-off. Another option might be that they sense this FI reboot won't last, and by leaving her character's stories unresolved, they can bring her back when/if that show gets cancelled and have built-in reasons for her to step back into the show's stories.