Web soaps? Anyone watching?

James from London

International Treasure
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
"A candy dynasty". I'm imagining oil rigs that spurt chocolate and edible diamonds.

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
The webside isn't even up anymore. It was lousy crap, as 99% of all web soaps.

James from London

International Treasure
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
past orbit, on the way out of the solar system

Yes. :(
But apart from Lindas and Gordons scenes it bored me to death. Even THEIR scenes were boring, but at least i could watch the actors in something new, so those scenes were kind of decent, but just for that reason. Wouldn't recommend it and will definitly never want to watch it again. So no loss that the page is gone.

Last edited:

ChrisSumner

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Most of the US based web soaps suck. It annoys me that the daytime soaps still can't properly feature minority characters and even on the web soaps where they have total control, they *still* don't feature minorities in leading roles lol. It shows the industry has a problem in front of and behind the scenes. The best of the bunch is probably The Bay. It ran for years online before Amazon Prime picked it up and turned it into an actual show. The production values are good and it's watchable. My only complaint is that it can be too dark and brooding.

Jason73

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I love web series. I've watched a ton of them. A few of the soapiest ones that I've enjoyed the most:

G&T

(Italian, LGBT romance drama)

Eastsiders (It's a really well written, thoughtful, funny, LGBT relationship drama. The fourth and final season just came out on Netflix--but it started as a web series.)

The Horizon

(Typical Australian soap with an LGBT focus)

I find the low budget-ness of all them really endearing.

Last edited:

Jason73

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Tainted Dreams

This is another one I watched that ended up on Amazon Prime. I watched this one mainly because a few of my favorite former daytime actresses were in it.

rlr718

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
EDIT I realized someone aleve mentioned the bay already. That’s what I get for not fully reading the other posts......:embarrassed:

There is also the bay the series which has a number of daytime stars. It’s now on Amazon prime as well but the first 2 seasons have disappeared i think.

Last edited:

rlr718

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
By the way, I found out why the bay season 1 and 2 are no longer on prime. They will or have started airing on pop star tv, whatever that is, new episodes of the bay will still stream on amazon, but that starts with season 3.
There is currently one new episode of the bay which just dropped in the last couple of weeks.

B7B1F129-AA67-4088-B34A-58D0A94C2050.jpeg

Soap archives

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Favourite Movie
None
I was gonna say has anyone checked out the bay or Venice (sp) I have been wanted to check out especially the bay but I want to see from beginning

ChrisSumner

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Winterthorne was great and had good production values for such a low budget project. There was another show called DeVanity with Charlene Tilton that was made by the same people. Both were good, but ahead of their time so they couldn't take off the way they might today.

Here's one of the trailers:

Another fun one by these producers was Ladies of the Lake. It was a mini series with a sequel. It's a total of 7 half hour episodes and it's on Amazon Prime.

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
It all looks so unfiltered and uncensored, a collection of the most hardcore soap tropes and nothing else. I bet the whole show still looks like a trailer.

ChrisSumner

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
It all looks so unfiltered and uncensored, a collection of the most hardcore soap tropes and nothing else. I bet the whole show still looks like a trailer.
Yes lol! Especially since the episodes are only like 10 minutes. That's why I couldn't truly get into DeVanity or Winterthorne. I feel like they had too many characters for 10 minute episodes. With Ladies of the Lake it worked a little bit better because they kept the cast and story small, so it was easier to follow.