Were the Manson murders really a rightwing CIA plot??

Snarky Oracle

Telly Talk Oracle
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest

Snarky Oracle

Telly Talk Oracle
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
And did Doris Day herself cause the Manson murders??

It's established that Charles Manson had rock star aspirations, and hoped Brian Wilson or Terry Melcher (Day's son, who was dating Candice Bergen) would help. The Beach Boys then appropriated a song by Charlie, changed the title and altered the lyrics, placed it on a the B-side of a single, and even denied Manson co-writing credit. If true, Manson was furious, previously unaware of how Hollywood would rob you blind.

Apparently, Melcher had closer ties to Charlie and his "family" than has been reported or that came out in the trial. (Neil Young actually thought Manson had a bit of talent, perhaps in the way Hitler could sketch a mean bucolic barn). Manson was more tied in to Hollywood than once believed, even supplying girls to industry executives. (So the Helter Skelter race war explanation was a convenient way to help minimized Charlie's connections).

Melcher, who was more afraid of his own maid than Charlie (Melcher and Bergen moved out of the doomed Cielo Drive house to escape the maid, rather ignite her ire by firing her) told Manson he would get him a recording contract with his mother's label -- until Doris Day herself said to Charlie's face upon meeting him: "you're out of your mind if you think I'm going to produce an effing record for you!"

And Roman Polanski was allegedly a major perv that liked to insult his wife and film her getting raped by his friends.

This is the kind of gossipy stuff DYNASTY should have hinted at along its fringes, instead of the women bellowing "why don't you share your pain with me??" while the men call them "you slut!" in return.

But that's just me

Last edited:

Jock Ewing Fan

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Indiana Jones
Did You Know?
Sharon Tate was the original choice for Billie Jean Bradley, the oldest daughter in Petticoat Junction.
I remember seeing an old publicity photo with her and the other two sisters.
She dated Max Baer Jr. and appeared on several episodes of "The Beverly Hillbillies" as secretary Janet Trego, with a
dark brunette wig.

CeeCee72

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I remember reading a Doris Day biography when I was very young that had quite a lot to say about Melcher and Manson.

As for Polanski, I have no trouble believing the rumors about him are true. After all, the man was found guilty of raping a young girl and fled the US to avoid punishment.